Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2013-14 Season Thread II: In Witt we Trust

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
    So with the Q and Union winning tonight, still if NCHC is won by someone other than N.Dakota and Minn State wins WCHA NU is out.
    I think I saw some scenarios where we could leap over N. Dakota. If that happens then it doesn't really matter...as long as the NCHC isn't a three bid league.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      Is there any scenario in which we will know our fate after today's games, or will have to wait until Saturday night?
      I think there are quite a few scenarios, both positive and negative, where we know our fate after today's games.

e.g. all three of Colgate, Cornell, and MSU-M win, we're done. All three lose, I think we're in.
      Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
      Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
        I think there are quite a few scenarios, both positive and negative, where we know our fate after today's games.

e.g. all three of Colgate, Cornell, and MSU-M win, we're done. All three lose, I think we're in.
        The one concern here would be that if MSU loses and then Bowling Green turns around and beats Ferris tomorrow, that steals a bid.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
          I think I saw some scenarios where we could leap over N. Dakota. If that happens then it doesn't really matter...as long as the NCHC isn't a three bid league.
          Pretty sure that is if N.Dakota loses the consolation game.
          The Artist formally known as Steve66

Comment

The one concern here would be that if MSU loses and then Bowling Green turns around and beats Ferris tomorrow, that steals a bid.
            Why I will be tuning into the Wisky game shortly. MInn State starting right now. Need Penn State to lose as well as UNH tonight. So know I know that I want ND to win tonight. ND and Providence.

Comment

Lots of permutations still. UNH winning tonight actually helps our RPI a bit since they played 5 times....the ideal scenario would be them losing to ND and Bowling Green losing to Ferris.
              Last edited by walrus655321; 03-21-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Lots of permutations still. UNH winning tonight actually helps our RPI a bit since they played 5 times....the ideal scenario would be them losing to ND and Bowling Green losing to Ferris.
                Would be a tense night.

Comment

Penn state and Wisco tied 1-1 with 6:30 left in the 2nd. If PSU wins, how bad is that for NU? Big IF in my opinion but who knows
                  GO NU!
                  --------------------------------------------------
                  2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by retsap71 View Post
                    Why I will be tuning into the Wisky game shortly. MInn State starting right now. Need Penn State to lose as well as UNH tonight. So know I know that I want ND to win tonight. ND and Providence.
                    Would UNH losing tonight reflect badly on NU? It would seem to be more beneficial to us if UNH won tonight and lost tomorrow to whomever they play.

It seems that our posters are having as much fun handicapping our NC$$ chances as they had all season (at least through February)!
                    Last edited by HHound; 03-21-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

MSU 4-0 over Bowling Green..
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Would UNH losing tonight reflect badly on NU? It would seem to be more beneficial to us if UNH won tonight and lost tomorrow to whomever they play.

It seems that our posters are having as much fun handicapping our NC$$ chances as they had all season (at least through February)!
                        We benefit more from PC winning for whatever reason. Did UNH play Michigan in the HEA-BTHC challenge or something? That's the only reason I could think of. Our best HEA scenario is ND, PC, then ND to win.
                        Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
                          Penn state and Wisco tied 1-1 with 6:30 left in the 2nd. If PSU wins, how bad is that for NU? Big IF in my opinion but who knows
                          I don't think PSU winning this game would be bad for NU per se, but it would leave a negative outcome in play (PSU winning the BTHC (tm) tournament). If Wisconsin wins, that's one potential upset winner gone.
                          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

I think we could have a chance to leapfrog UNH if they lose tonight. They might lose a few more winning percentage comparisons, which could propel us by them.

Comment

Union doing its job.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

If my Pairwise Predictor skills are accurate, we're down to this.

Tonight:
                                Quinnipiac Must Win (Currently in OT2 intermission) (Loss Puts Colgate in)

Tomorrow:
                                Atlantic Hockey- Doesn't Matter
                                ECAC- Doesn't Matter
                                WCHA- Doesn't Matter
                                NCHC Championship- Doesn't Matter

NCHC Third Place- Western Michigan Win OR Tie (Loss puts North Dakota in)
                                HEA- UML Win (Loss Puts UNH in)
                                BTHC- Wisconsin Win (Loss puts OSU in)
                                Last edited by TheRevengeance; 03-21-2014, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X