This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Is this not accurate then? Chris Dilks responded to him and it sounded legit.
    https://twitter.com/TexSR_Tanner1/st...04771053195266

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Apparently not.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
        That stuff changes by the hour.

Comment

On the surface of things it would sure seem Caleb Jones and Wisconsin would mutually benefit each other. Jones would learn under a couple of very good veterans in Schulze and Wittchow and still have an opportunity for plenty of playing time, not to mention Wisconsin's rep for preparing D for the next level.
          Wisconsin could turn the tables on the whole Keegan Ford fiasco and create some real competition among D men for playing time, something that doesn't really exist at this point. Win-win to me. Let's get it done!
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            On the surface of things it would sure seem Caleb Jones and Wisconsin would mutually benefit each other. Jones would learn under a couple of very good veterans in Schulze and Wittchow and still have an opportunity for plenty of playing time, not to mention Wisconsin's rep for preparing D for the next level.
            Wisconsin could turn the tables on the whole Keegan Ford fiasco and create some real competition among D men for playing time, something that doesn't really exist at this point. Win-win to me. Let's get it done!
            Hopefully Jones sees all the former UW guys playing D in the NHL, and sees himself as part of the solution to improving UW.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I've got a source that says UW has landed a quality F for the 2017, Kohen Olischefski out of BC. Kid sounds like a awesome overall player with a good frame to build on 6-1. It will be fun to watch him light up the BCHL the next 2 years. I'm sure more details on him could be found somewhere in the interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                I've got a source that says UW has landed a quality F for the 2017, Kohen Olischefski out of BC. Kid sounds like a awesome overall player with a good frame to build on 6-1. It will be fun to watch him light up the BCHL the next 2 years. I'm sure more details on him could be found somewhere in the interweb.
                Another nice thing about him is that if he's very good next year he would probably be in a position to come in for '16 if he was needed.

Wonder how Caleb Jones' visit went. Be nice if Tkachuk tagged along informally. After his hat trick against the Caps yesterday he has to like how he scores in Madison.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Is your source this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                    Is your source this thread?
                    Bucky's 5th Q of course.

Comment

Parsells and Stillwell named Mr. Hockey finalists. No surprise here.

Comment

Milwaukee Jr. Admirals U16 defenseman Zach Metsa (Delafield, Wis.) committed to Quinnipiac last night. And no, as far as I know Wisconsin wasn't chasing him.

I do find it interesting when a young kid like that commits to a school like that though. Weighing that option of taking the first or second offer now or waiting for a better one down the road and risking not getting one. Not an easy game to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Do you have any concerns about Stillwell's size?
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Do you have any concerns about Stillwell's size?
                            Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Milwaukee Jr. Admirals U16 defenseman Zach Metsa (Delafield, Wis.) committed to Quinnipiac last night. And no, as far as I know Wisconsin wasn't chasing him.

I do find it interesting when a young kid like that commits to a school like that though. Weighing that option of taking the first or second offer now or waiting for a better one down the road and risking not getting one. Not an easy game to play.
                              Maybe it's a good fit, a large campus like UW isn't for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post

So are you implying that Quinnipiac is some crap program? Because they aren't. National Runner up 2 years ago. Have also never had a losing season at the Division 1 level and are one of the top teams in the ECAC. This is one of the better programs in the country.
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/