X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. XXX: 1 All American at a Time

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    You'll appreciate this, want more proof that Minny hockey fans are not all there:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/m...r-alone-041314
    Correct, we weren't all there. Also, didn't seem like much on the footage....just a few drunk students clowning for the camera....wow. What else ya got.

Comment

I saw that video yesterday and thought that the only ones making fools of themselves were the newscasters and especially the reporter.

"Get away from me!"

He almost sounded hysterical.

Kids were just having fun with the situation...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I saw that video yesterday and thought that the only ones making fools of themselves were the newscasters and especially the reporter.

"Get away from me!"

He almost sounded hysterical.

Kids were just having fun with the situation...
        1. Those guys were being d-bags to the reporter.
        2. Sure, it didn't reach Vancouver levels, but it was WAY beyond what is acceptable. (There are many, many levels beyond the "acceptable" line. Much worse incidents have happened, but that doesn't mean this wasn't an embarrassment.)
        3. Most people doing this stuff aren't real fans. They wanted an excuse to cause commotion. No matter what kind of fans those people were, it shouldn't speak poorly of the fans who showed respect for others.

Edit: Wait, why is this in this thread? Oh well.
        Last edited by WiscDC; 04-14-2014, 04:37 PM. Reason: Fixed the link, and added the last thing.

Comment

Yeah, if you want an example of why Minnesota fans are hopeless beyond repair, I would sooner cite the following example:

At the BTHC Tourney, there was a point during our game against Penn State when there were a bunch of Badger fans leading cheers from somewhere around section 126. I overheard complaints from more than one Gopher fan in/near my section (C11), whining that Badger fans were "too busy cheering and not watching the game". And THAT is stupid on several levels. But a bunch of people who may or may not be fans acting like drunken idiots after a high-stakes game? Yeah, I'm not throwing stones in that glass house.

It's sort of like how Vancouver Canucks fans aren't ****ing awful because of the riots after they lose the Stanley Cup Finals. They're ****ing awful because even after all this time, they still make excuses for Todd Bertuzzi driving Steve Moore's head into the ice or for Mathias Ohlund breaking Mikko Koivu's leg.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Yeah, if you want an example of why Minnesota fans are hopeless beyond repair, I would sooner cite the following example:

At the BTHC Tourney, there was a point during our game against Penn State when there were a bunch of Badger fans leading cheers from somewhere around section 126. I overheard complaints from more than one Gopher fan in/near my section (C11), whining that Badger fans were "too busy cheering and not watching the game". And THAT is stupid on several levels. But a bunch of people who may or may not be fans acting like drunken idiots after a high-stakes game? Yeah, I'm not throwing stones in that glass house.

It's sort of like how Vancouver Canucks fans aren't ****ing awful because of the riots after they lose the Stanley Cup Finals. They're ****ing awful because even after all this time, they still make excuses for Todd Bertuzzi driving Steve Moore's head into the ice or for Mathias Ohlund breaking Mikko Koivu's leg.
            Yup. In fact, the link I posted was from a Minnesota fan who didn't think highly of the actions of the few involved with the bad stuff.

Comment

You guys realize you are talking about a school with 50000 students and a large metro fan base in the surrounding area. There are maybe a few hundred kids acting dumb this past weekend in Dinkytown. In fact, most of the kids were basically standing around as if it was some social hour. Only a tiny percentage of them were going overboard. Hardly representative of the vast, vast majority of Gopher followers.

Every team has its percentage of tools. Let's remember that.
              University of Minnesota

Twitter: Hammy Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hammy View Post
                You guys realize you are talking about a school with 50000 students and a large metro fan base in the surrounding area. There are maybe a few hundred kids acting dumb this past weekend in Dinkytown. In fact, most of the kids were basically standing around as if it was some social hour. Only a tiny percentage of them were going overboard. Hardly representative of the vast, vast majority of Gopher followers.

Every team has its percentage of tools. Let's remember that.
                Well, yeah, but that part where you're all joyless dweebs who can't figure out how other fanbases can cheer while watching a game? Totally legit.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                  Dougherty and Linhart won't look like freshmen. Davison and Ford will compete for 6th D spot, edge to Davison.

All the Canadians mentioned seem good. But, the BCHLs stats are a little scewed. We are going to have enough big bodies next year (LaBate, Soleway, Ustaski) I would like to see some speed guys. I don't have the knowledge to know if any of the players mentioned fit that profile.

Basketball game was heartbreaking tonight.
                  I disagree with you on Linhart and Ford. Ford is much more ready for NCAA hockey than Linhart in my views this season. Both are undersized but Ford is more physical, makes better decisions with the puck and will bring more offense than Linhart.

You are right Dougherty is the real deal and is ready to step into the Badgers lineup.

Comment

Adam Rockwood scored the game-winning goal for Coquitlam Express. They win BCHL Championship.
                    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Looks like Spruce Grove won the AJHL Championship last night. Cameron Hughes had the primary assist on the overtime winner.

Comment

This week has the potential to be the most important of the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          If you want to get your snowmobile back out one last time in Northern WI?
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Oh you tease.

I'm assuming that this is because of potential recruits signing, as opposed to other players leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Oh you tease.

I'm assuming that this is because of potential recruits signing, as opposed to other players leaving.
                              Must be signings as the only player left on Wisconsin's roster with any value at the pro level is Rumpel. Free agent goaltenders don't tend to have as much opportunity in the early signing period as position players, as there is only so much playing time available for goaltenders in any one organization. If you are talking about LaBate, average skilled player who is better off getting critical playing minutes at Wisconsin than sitting on the 3rd line in the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
                                If you are talking about LaBate, average skilled player who is better off getting critical playing minutes at Wisconsin than sitting on the 3rd line in the coast.
                                Worth repeating: Tell that to some of the guys we've had go early lately. Jordy Murray (who was an entirely different scenario than most, BTW), Jason Clark and Brendan Woods, for instance.

Comment

Working...
                                X