2014 USA Olympic Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 USA Olympic Hockey

Since 21 out of 25 Olympian's went through the college ranks figured why not start a thread. Here are the seedings. #8 Austria vs #9 Slovenia vs #1 Sweden. #7 Czech rep.vs #10 Slovakia vs #2 USA. #6 Swiss vs #11 Latvia vs #3 Canada. #5 Russia vs #12 Norway. Vs #4 Finland... The biggest break award goes to Russia for drawing the easiest path to the Gold medal final.Looks like USA , Canada semi scenario...

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    Since 21 out of 25 Olympian's went through the college ranks figured why not start a thread. Here are the seedings. #8 Austria vs #9 Slovenia vs #1 Sweden. #7 Czech rep.vs #10 Slovakia vs #2 USA. #6 Swiss vs #11 Latvia vs #3 Canada. #5 Russia vs #12 Norway. Vs #4 Finland... The biggest break award goes to Russia for drawing the easiest path to the Gold medal final.Looks like USA , Canada semi scenario...
    You're kidding, right? The only reason Sweden is #1 is they were in the weakest group. I'd say that Sweden is the weakest of the top five. Regardless, three of the top five are in the other half of the bracket. They definitely have the toughest road to the Final. The US only has to get by Sweden. The three toughest teams are the US, Canada, and Russia. And I'm ecstatic that we won't see either of the other two before the gold medal game.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Re: 2014 USA Olympic Hockey

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      You're kidding, right? The only reason Sweden is #1 is they were in the weakest group. I'd say that Sweden is the weakest of the top five. Regardless, three of the top five are in the other half of the bracket. They definitely have the toughest road to the Final. The US only has to get by Sweden. The three toughest teams are the US, Canada, and Russia. And I'm ecstatic that we won't see either of the other two before the gold medal game.
      I think you misread something. USA would play Canada in Semis.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
        I think you misread something. USA would play Canada in Semis.
        Yes.

Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Yes.

That's why we wanted the Canada-Finland game to end in regulation. The winner would have been seeded first, the loser fourth. Would have kept Canada, Finland, and Russia on on the other side of the bracket. Sweden was in a weak group and everyone is hurt. Much easier semifinal draw than Canada.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Canada-U.S. semi-final will be epic! Hope it happens. Love all the NCAA content -- even on the Canadian team.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
              ... The three toughest teams are the US, Canada, and Russia. And I'm ecstatic that we won't see either of the other two before the gold medal game.
              PUT DOWN THE MARGARITA'S AND STEP BACK!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Swiss vs. Canada could be a great game. Stingy those Swiss are. We also have to get by the Cheks as well.
                Last edited by LTsatch; 02-16-2014, 07:09 PM.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Let's go Norway!
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    PUT DOWN THE MARGARITA'S AND STEP BACK!!!
                    Back off, man, it ain't my fault. I was going by the brackets that NBC was showing. Sorry.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Finally a USA Hockey game that doesn't start at 4:30 AM on the west coast.

Wednesday's game scheduled for 9:00 AM here, but at the same time Team Canada will be playing their quarterfinal
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Why did I have to agree to a frickin' meeting then???

Comment

Hope USA play's Canada, and hope we stomp them finally. Is it unfair to want USA and Canada to always be ranked #1 and #2? It somehow just doesn't seem right we won't be playing them for the gold, I was born in '92 so I'm accustomed to us two playing for the gold.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            Why did I have to agree to a frickin' meeting then???
                            That's what the Sametime "Away from My Computer" setting is for.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finland 2 - Russia 1 after one period, with teamu old man selanie scoring.

Comment

Working...
                              X