Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ecac seeding/playoff predictions

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
    Are you suggesting that Harvard is the only team that can challenge Clarkson. ?
    No what I am saying is that given the choice between facing Yale and Quinnipiac, don't you think Clarkson would choose the lower seeded team? And if Yale beats Harvard that is more or less what Clarkson will be looking at next weekend assuming they beat Dartmouth (and I feel fairly certain that will happen, don't you?).

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
      No what I am saying is that given the choice between facing Yale and Quinnipiac, don't you think Clarkson would choose the lower seeded team? And if Yale beats Harvard that is more or less what Clarkson will be looking at next weekend assuming they beat Dartmouth (and I feel fairly certain that will happen, don't you?).
      Yes on the last question. IMHO any of the top 4 seeds have an equal chance of winning the crown, given the records between those teams during the year. The first round always seems to be the hardest to get bye for some of the higher seeds. That is just Play-off hockey. Two years ago the 5th seed won the tourney.

Having said all that, IMHO Clarkson is in the drivers seat, as they are the hottest team coming in, but based on what I've seen live recently, watch out for Quinnipiac. I could see a Clarkson Quinnipiac final, and two years ago Quinnipiac knocked Clarkson out of the tournament in an upset.

Comment

Having said all that, IMHO Clarkson is in the drivers seat, as they are the hottest team coming in, but based on what I've seen live recently, watch out for Quinnipiac. I could see a Clarkson Quinnipiac final, and two years ago Quinnipiac knocked Clarkson out of the tournament in an upset.
        I agree with you on a Clarkson-Quinny matchup either as a semi-final or final. That is the one that scares me the most. Clarkson-Harvard to me would be the 2nd toughest matchup for Clarkson due to Machmayer. A Clarkson-Cornell final would be another good matchup but for some reason Cornell has a tough time winning at Cheel. Not sure when they won there the last time. I still think Cornells goal tending is what is gonna do them in either in the ECAC Playoffs or the NC$$ playoffs if they make it in.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Yes on the last question. IMHO any of the top 4 seeds have an equal chance of winning the crown, given the records between those teams during the year. The first round always seems to be the hardest to get bye for some of the higher seeds. That is just Play-off hockey. Two years ago the 5th seed won the tourney.

And let's not forget that RPI in the '09 tourney knocked out Harvard at Bright. The Crimson held the top seed and totally outplayed RPI in the third period but couldn't bury the winner and lost in OT. RPI lost badly in the final but to get to the final was a shock to everyone except maybe RPI fans.

Comment

Games back on. Princeton leading Cornell 1-0 after 1.

Comment

Cornell - Princeton tied 1-1.

Clarkson - Dartmouth still 0-0

Other two games at 4pm.

Comment

Cornell - Princeton tied 1-1.

Clarkson - Dartmouth still 0-0

Other two games at 4pm.
                Cornell now up 2-1 on Princeton after 2.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                  Cornell now up 2-1 on Princeton after 2.
                  Cornell leading 4-3 with 1:17 remaining.

Saulnier scores on an empty net to give Cornell a 5-3 victory.
                  Last edited by mattj711; 03-01-2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Meanwhile Clarkson still leading 1-0 halfway in the second.

Watching the Harvard Yale game that just started, and the Crimson have Laing in net.

Comment

Yale up 1-0 on a nice goal from Staenz.

Comment

Havard is getting some chances, including a penalty shot, but still 1-0 Yale after 1. According to the announcers, a 7th seed has never made it past the first round since the current playoff format was introduced.
                        Last edited by OnMAA; 03-01-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Havard is getting some chances, including a penalty shot, but still 1-0 Yale after 1. According to the announcers, a 7th seed has never made it past the first round since the current playoff format was introduced.
                          Leonoff just made an out of this world save to keep Harvard off the scoreboard.

Comment

Clarkson 2 Dartmouth 0 Final
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              Yale still leading 1-0 early in third. Quinnipiac leading 2-0 midway in third.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                                And ECAC CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE AT CHEEL ARÉNA! Clarkson will play saturday at 13:00 And Cornell at 16:00

Comment

Working...
                                X