Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU vs. Michigan Tech, Feb 21 and 22: You Suck! No, YOU suck! And so on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU vs. Michigan Tech, Feb 21 and 22: You Suck! No, YOU suck! And so on.

A rivalry is renewed this coming weekend as NMU battles Michigan Tech in a home and home. Discuss.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: NMU vs. Michigan Tech, Feb 21 and 22: You Suck! No, YOU suck! And so on.

I don't understand how NMU loses 5 - 3 on Friday and then completely turns things around on Saturday winning 5 - 1. But I really don't understand how Tech has 14 goals scored against them on the weekend at home. Someone who knows these teams better, please explain.

I think this next home and home series between Tech and NMU could go any which way. Not sure what teams will show up--so I'll go with the home and home split.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
      I don't understand how NMU loses 5 - 3 on Friday and then completely turns things around on Saturday winning 5 - 1. But I really don't understand how Tech has 14 goals scored against them on the weekend at home. Someone who knows these teams better, please explain.
      LSSU struggles on Saturdays a lot. I believe I read on another thread they were 0-4 in conference play during road games on Saturdays so NMU had the edge on Saturday. I'm no Tech fan but it appears they've had their ups and downs this season. Quietly stalking the Tech season thread it seems their fans are disappointed with how things are going this year.

I'll be at both games this weekend. This rivalry will be even bigger this weekend as critical points are on the line down the final stretch. Should be a good series that can go either way.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
        LSSU struggles on Saturdays a lot. I believe I read on another thread they were 0-4 in conference play during road games on Saturdays so NMU had the edge on Saturday. I'm no Tech fan but it appears they've had their ups and downs this season. Quietly stalking the Tech season thread it seems their fans are disappointed with how things are going this year.

I'll be at both games this weekend. This rivalry will be even bigger this weekend as critical points are on the line down the final stretch. Should be a good series that can go either way.
        NMU had lost 4 Saturday's in a row.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post

LSSU is 11-3-1 on Fridays, but 3-12 on Saturdays. In conference play, they only have one win on Saturdays, a home win vs BG.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post

I think this next home and home series between Tech and NMU could go any which way. Not sure what teams will show up--so I'll go with the home and home split.
            I also see a split, but I see the road team coming out on top both nights.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Well, this is what we wanted with these games... Playoffs on the line... Hopefully this will light a fire under NMU's asses...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                Well, this is what we wanted with these games... Playoffs on the line... Hopefully this will light a fire under NMU's asses...
                That's what I'm hoping.

Also, Saturday is the annual Wildcat Night Across the Country. As long as I've been attending/hosting, NMU hasn't won on Wildcat Night, which is a 6 year losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  That's what I'm hoping.

Also, Saturday is the annual Wildcat Night Across the Country. As long as I've been attending/hosting, NMU hasn't won on Wildcat Night, which is a 6 year losing streak.
                  I seem to notice a trend...
                  Last edited by aparch; 02-18-2014, 07:41 AM.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Congrats on your 2 wins and home ice, NMU.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      Congrats on your 2 wins and home ice, NMU.
                      Sandbagging already? I didn't know you moved to Grand Forks.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Last weekend was severely depressing to Husky Nation...I'm not surprised he's calling an NMU sweep.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

We just got curbstomped, at home, by Fairbanks. This season is over for Tech, and I imagine the wheels will continue to come off.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I seem to notice a trend...
                            Could it be that nearly all of those were road games, a few coming in series that were split?
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Could it be that nearly all of those were road games, a few coming in series that were split?
                              Maybe it's that Bob was exaggerating the outcome of games he's hosted watch parties for?

NMU's Record on Wildcat Night Across the Nation since 2004: 3-4-2. All nine games on the road. Friday Nights 2-2-0. Saturday Nights 1-2-2. On Fox Sports Detroit/FSDet+ 3-3-2. Four weekends were true splits. Only one sweep in the 'Cats favor (of which, both games were televised nationally).

Sat Feb 16 2013 - 4-2 L @ MSU FSDet
                              Sat Feb 18 2012 - 3-2 L/OT @ UM FSDet
                              Sat Feb 12 2011 - 6-5 W @ MSU FSDet
                              Fri Feb 19 2010 - 3-1 W @ UM FSDet
                              Fri Feb 13 2009 - 9-5 L @ ND CBSCS
                              Fri Feb 15 2008 - Cancelled by B1GNetwork
                              Fri Jan 12 2007 - 5-2 L @ UM FSDet
                              Sat Jan 28 2006 - 2-2 T @ WMU FSDet
                              Fri Jan 28 2005 - 4-1 W @ UM FSDet
                              Sat Feb 28 2004 - 2-2 T @ BGSU FSDet

How they fared on those weekends:
                              2013 - W/L
                              2012 - L/L
                              2011 - W/W
                              2010 - W/L (Points earned on TV)
                              2009 - L/L
                              2008 - B1GNetwork Sucks
                              2007 - L/W
                              2006 - L/T (Point earned on TV)
                              2005 - W/L (Win earned on TV)
                              2004 - L/T (Point earned on TV)
                              Last edited by aparch; 02-18-2014, 11:52 AM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X