Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    So you counter complaining by stopping by this thread and complaining about complaining?

Alaska must be a wonderful place.
    I'd understand it more if it were "24 Hours of Daylight" time way up there.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      I'd understand it more if it were "24 Hours of Daylight" time way up there.
      I would complain more about the 24 hours of darkness.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

There's nothing in my post that complains about anything. Just telling how I saw it. Cameron got what he deserved. No complaining here.

Comment

“If it were shoulder to shoulder the head will initially move toward the other person. There is no way the helmet is going to come directly off in the direction it did and fly 15 to 20 feet if it was body contact. The elbow took the helmet off in the direction the elbow was moving.”
          If one player is 5-10 and a buck seventy five and the other is 6-3 and 215 shoulder to shoulder contact is impossible, especially if the 5-10 player is bent at the knees and has his head down. Cameron skated thru his check and as Davison was going prone, his helmet contacted Cameron’s elbow. I don’t think Cameron would have been given an extra game if he didn’t extend his elbow for emphasis. Davison learned the hard way in his 2nd college game to keep his head up and on a swivel.
          When Davison gets back on the ice he is going to put points on the scoreboard this season. After two games it’s sad to say, the Badgers lost their leading goal scorer on Saturday night.

Comment

I know this isn't necessarily the right thread, but I don't care, it's still Wisconsin hockey.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...101614aae.html

Tickets are cheap ($5 adults/$3 kids/seniors/students) with free lot parking nearby LaBahn Arena. #1 vs. #2 (against the Gophers, no less). One of the best sports value in town.

Ok, enough shilling for the Badger women's hockey program. Time to go to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              I know this isn't necessarily the right thread, but I don't care, it's still Wisconsin hockey.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/w-ho...101614aae.html

Tickets are cheap ($5 adults/$3 kids/seniors/students) with free lot parking nearby LaBahn Arena. #1 vs. #2 (against the Gophers, no less). One of the best sports value in town.

Ok, enough shilling for the Badger women's hockey program. Time to go to bed.
              2 dollars for kids/seniors/students, not 3.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                I was going to say... At $3 you're pricing a lot of people out.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  Even better! That's what I get for posting stuff after midnight.

Plus it looks like there is an on-line 2-for-1 promotion for tomorrow afternoon's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                    Plus it looks like there is an on-line 2-for-1 promotion for tomorrow afternoon's game.
                    That is confirmed....Come on out and support the gals.

So what's a reasonable expectation for the lads this weekend? A split? I'd like to see UW not allow more than 2.5 goals per game and let the chips fall where they may. And no more injuries.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by oldicecoach View Post
                      If one player is 5-10 and a buck seventy five and the other is 6-3 and 215 shoulder to shoulder contact is impossible, especially if the 5-10 player is bent at the knees and has his head down. Cameron skated thru his check and as Davison was going prone, his helmet contacted Cameron’s elbow. I don’t think Cameron would have been given an extra game if he didn’t extend his elbow for emphasis. Davison learned the hard way in his 2nd college game to keep his head up and on a swivel.
                      When Davison gets back on the ice he is going to put points on the scoreboard this season. After two games it’s sad to say, the Badgers lost their leading goal scorer on Saturday night.
                      if it's "impossible," than you can't make the hit. I love the physical part of the game, but with all the head injuries there has to be severe penalties for hits to the head. Either that or checking will go by-by eventually, IMO.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Sweet.

Was actually thinking about making the trip tomorrow (going to Packer game on Sunday, so could be a nice overnight trip).

Even cleared our late afternoon schedule tomorrow to make it possible.

Let's see... $100 for 4 tickets, $150 for hotel, gas and food...

16-ish shots and shutout for the second time this season. Tough call.

Comment

They have to win at some point! (Right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            Sweet.

Was actually thinking about making the trip tomorrow (going to Packer game on Sunday, so could be a nice overnight trip).

Even cleared our late afternoon schedule tomorrow to make it possible.

Let's see... $100 for 4 tickets, $150 for hotel, gas and food...

16-ish shots and shutout for the second time this season. Tough call.
                            yep...They may still hit .500 for the season (which really shouldn't be a goal ever)... but there's something else I'm wondering...Why is it that Minnesota, BC, Nodak, Michigan etc never have these "rebuilding" years? How come they never complain "we've got too many frosh etc"?

It's 3 games in but these are the thoughts I have 3 games into an 0-3 season.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The decimation of our program continues.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                yep...They may still hit .500 for the season (which really shouldn't be a goal ever)... but there's something else I'm wondering...Why is it that Minnesota, BC, Nodak, Michigan etc never have these "rebuilding" years? How come they never complain "we've got too many frosh etc"?

It's 3 games in but these are the thoughts I have 3 games into an 0-3 season.

As I've stated before - only because it's obviously true - Minnesota's frosh usually contribute right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X