Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    From what I've heard Wisconsin (and the entire Big Ten) will be using BTN2Go to stream games going forward. I belive there will be a nominal fee (around $9.99 per month) to stream all Big Ten games. What I'm hoping is that means all conference games will be able to be streamed on BTN2Go. That would also likely mean home non-conference games would be streamed there too.
    Has to be too good to be true at that price. ~$60 a year for all home games for six teams? Or did you mean for each school?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
      Has to be too good to be true at that price. ~$60 a year for all home games for six teams? Or did you mean for each school?
      To be honest I think it might actually be free if you have Big Ten Network through your cable or satellite provider. Go on BtN2Go right now, you can watch the archived games from last season. Not every game is up there, but quite a few are.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        To be honest I think it might actually be free if you have Big Ten Network through your cable or satellite provider. Go on BtN2Go right now, you can watch the archived games from last season. Not every game is up there, but quite a few are.
        You'll probably have to pay if you want to watch it live. I'm just basing this off of what they do with basketball. The last couple years UW has had about a half a dozen OOC scrub games where you either had to pay to watch it live on BTN2GO or wait for the tape delay a few days later on BTN.

Comment

Hrm...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/274926991.html
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

“So even if they didn’t know much about hockey, they knew those schools and they would tend to come to our games.”

Sounds about right! hahaha

Comment

I've seen that FS Wisconsin is going to be doing some games, so it looks like I might be missing some of those. I will have Big Ten network on Comcast, so at least we will be able to catch a few games.

Debating flying the family back for the UND series though. Tough to justify $1,000 for a few games though.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                I DO think that it's a factor, and yes, I DO think that some of these students go by name recognition, but promotional efforts really started going up last year, and even more so around December. There's always been an increase in interest around that time, but when it comes to promotional efforts from the marketing team, there was a difference last year that we didn't see before. Also, there were single-game student tickets for the OSU and PSU series (and Minnesota) that we haven't seen before. Same goes for the discounted upper-deck old people tickets. And of course, there are a ton of hockey fans who come to UW knowing very little about college hockey. All that being said, I completely agree with Eaves on the name-recognition thing. Believe it or not, the same is true for football among the fair-weathered student fans here. Wait a second...the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel covering Badger hockey?!?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  Wait a second...the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel covering Badger hockey?!?
                  JP had to be at the athletic board meeting where Eaves made those comments. Just happened to hear something he thought was interesting I guess.

Comment

Eaves' biggest concern this year: Diaper rash.....LOL

Isn't the guy who bought the Bills the same guy who paid for PSU's rink? There has to be some rich people fron the other B16 who could do what he did for PSU.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Isn't the guy who bought the Bills the same guy who paid for PSU's rink? There has to be some rich people fron the other B16 who could do what he did for PSU.
                      Well, there's "filthy rich" and then there's "money to burn filthy rich". One is more rare than the other, to say nothing about the rarity of finding one that's willing to spend that money on college hockey instead of obsessing over becoming even more rich.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Eaves' biggest concern this year: Diaper rash.....LOL

That's Terry Pegula. He's also responsible for financing the HarborCenter in Buffalo.

Comment

Well, there's "filthy rich" and then there's "money to burn filthy rich". One is more rare than the other, to say nothing about the rarity of finding one that's willing to spend that money on college hockey instead of obsessing over becoming even more rich.
                          And sometimes when you do find a rich one who is willing to spend that money on college hockey he turns out to be a public relations problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            Debating flying the family back for the UND series though. Tough to justify $1,000 for a few games though.
                            Priorities. $1000 for a few Badger hockey games in Madison against Sue sounds like a great way to spend money to me.
                            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                            Originally posted by MadCityRich
                            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

Buy 2 season ticket packages and a parking pass, send me the tickets and pass, and I will represent you well at all the games. Way cheaper than $1000.00.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...091614aae.html

Sept. 16, 2014

MADISON, Wis. -- The Wisconsin men's hockey team officially opens practice on Saturday, Oct. 4, and for the second consecutive season, the Badgers are taking it on the road.

Wisconsin will practice beginning at 1 p.m. at Cornerstone Community Center in De Pere, the home rink for the defending NCAA Division III national-champion St. Norbert Green Knights. Following a short practice, the Badgers will hold their Red-White scrimmage.

Both Wisconsin and St. Norbert student-athletes are expected to be available for autographs following the event.

Tickets for the event will cost $5, with all proceeds benefiting the Green Bay Area Youth Hockey Association. Tickets are being sold locally in De Pere and are available at the Cornerstone Community Center between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., daily. To order over the phone by credit card, call 920-403-2000. Tickets ordered over the phone will be delivered by mail.
                                Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X