Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

So what do we think we are going to see with the goaltenders? The Rumpz show from the beginning, or is it going to be him and Pete splitting again? Are we going to see Gabe at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Not true. You're referring to major junior rules.
      Are you sure? I know that the Blackhawks with bringing over Teuvo Teravainen have had their management discussing the dillema of letting him play his 10 games because it burns a year off his service time to get to his next contract sooner (and that playoffs count toward the 10).

Are college players entry level deals treated differently then Canadian MJ and Euro's? I'm aware of the 10 game rule as far as MJ in that once you get to 10 games, the player has to stay at the NHL level as the AHL is not an option until they are 20 years old.
      Last edited by markwojo; 04-03-2014, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The-C2 View Post
        So what do we think we are going to see with the goaltenders? The Rumpz show from the beginning, or is it going to be him and Pete splitting again? Are we going to see Gabe at all?
        I think Eaves will do the split time thing again with Rumpel and Petersen, with Grunwald seeing no ice time. If they are going to split time, I'd rather see Rumpel get 3 out of every 4 starts and then take over with 2 months or so to go. I'd prefer to just give the keys to Rumpel and see him play in most the games.

A radical idea I have is to redshirt Petersen next year, then that gives UW a proven goalie for 15-16 in Petersen, and gives Grunwald more time to develop as he as been more down that up over this career. It makes me a little nervous about 15-16 with So Grunwald and Fr Opilka, though Opilka seems to be talented enough to possibly come in and start as a Fr.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          Are you sure? I know that the Blackhawks with bringing over Teuvo Teravainen have had their management discussing the dillema of letting him play his 10 games because it burns a year off his service time to get to his next contract sooner (and that playoffs count toward the 10).

TT is sitting again tonight, presumably (according to Hawks fans) to save his first year in the event that the Hawks don't have a legit chance to win the Cup.

He's sitting despite Toews and Kane both being out.

Comment

FWIW, McCabe is playing tonight with the Sabres against..................St. Louis !! (Welcome to the NHL, son.) He will be #29. Brian Elliott is expected in the net for the Blues & of course Jamie McBain plays for BUF as well. I don't give 2 ****s about BUF but I really like watching St-Louis.

7 PM. No NBCsn broadcast. Center Ice; Directv 777-1 (Sabres) or 778-1 (Blues). I don't know about cable channels or DISH.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              FWIW, McCabe is playing tonight with the Sabres against..................St. Louis !! (Welcome to the NHL, son.) He will be #29. Brian Elliott is expected in the net for the Blues & of course Jamie McBain plays for BUF as well. I don't give 2 ****s about BUF but I really like watching St-Louis.

7 PM. No NBCsn broadcast. Center Ice; Directv 777-1 (Sabres) or 778-1 (Blues). I don't know about cable channels or DISH.
              Very cool.

It also just occurred to me that when the Rangers and Sabres play each other, we will see McB and McC playing against McD.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post

Are college players entry level deals treated differently then Canadian MJ and Euro's? I'm aware of the 10 game rule as far as MJ in that once you get to 10 games, the player has to stay at the NHL level as the AHL is not an option until they are 20 years old.
                Yes I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I thought Buffalo had been demoted to the Milwaukee Admirals AA farm club.
                  Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                  Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                  Originally posted by UWisco
                  It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    TT is sitting again tonight, presumably (according to Hawks fans) to save his first year in the event that the Hawks don't have a legit chance to win the Cup.

He's sitting despite Toews and Kane both being out.
                    Why is Toews out?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Why is Toews out?
                      http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Toews+injury

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post

Jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          I thought Buffalo had been demoted to the Milwaukee Admirals AA farm club.
                          Ah don't care who y'are, that's funny rot thar!
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                            Don't get your hopes up.
                            It just happened. #17 is gone. Where do we go from here?
                            We have lost 3/4's of our goal scoring since the Nodak game. Confirmation that the kids are leaving while getting is good. Eaves has to go. Underachievement has to end. Great to NHLteacher. College wins losses in big games. Not so much. Long term results do not lie.

Comment

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
                              It just happened. #17 is gone. Where do we go from here?
                              We have lost 3/4's of our goal scoring since the Nodak game.
                              Sorry to hear that. Dzingel, MI lost a lot, Red returns. The B1G will struggle next year.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

If this is true it isn't surprising and shouldn't be to the staff either. To be a great coach you need to be able to anticipate and persevere through the times when your anticipation isn't enough (see: Suter, Ryan etc). I'm on record saying Eaves has been less than impressive since 2006. Kerdiles leaving doesn't change that and makes his job even harder.

Lucia has lost a ton of players over the years and so has Hakstol, how they respond is all that matters. Both are back in the frozen four (though I neved doubted they were great coaches and recruiters), Wisconsin the past several years hasn't been good enough. How Eaves responds and where this team lands next year is all that matters right now.

and good luck go Kerdiles, McCabe, Mersch et al
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X