Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey XXIX: Yes, this is the Rumpel Rink!

Anyone have or know where to find Posick's call from last night, primarily the winner?? I'd love to hear it, especially if it's like the call of skille's ot winner in Green Bay!

Comment

I'm not sure where to find it. It would be cool to listen to the game winner call...

But I hope nothing will ever *really* be like Skille's OT winner. That was both 3OT, *and* to go to the Frozen Four for the first time in FOURTEEN YEARS. I don't want another such drought, and 3OT in regionals is also crazy stressful. It was both one of my top games I've ever attended, and something I don't really want to ever do again.

----
      It's only Monday and I'm already twitchy for Friday!
      Last edited by The Hallucination; 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hallucination View Post
        I'm not sure where to find it. It would be cool to listen to the game winner call...

But I hope nothing will ever *really* be like Skille's OT winner. That was both 3OT, *and* to go to the Frozen Four for the first time in FOURTEEN YEARS. I don't want another such drought, and 3OT in regionals is also crazy stressful. It was both one of my top games I've ever attended, and something I don't really want to ever do again.

So true. What a wringer to go through. Quite honestly, it wasn't all that fun to be at in real time if that makes sense. WAY too stressful to be fun.

So much riding on every shot, every breakout pass, every faceoff in your own zone...

Top team in the nation most of the year with a FF in state. I had already bought tickets at scalper prices.

Yeah, doubt Posick's call will ever be quite like that and to be honest, it shouldn't be. Winning the other night was nice, but it's not even in the same neighborhood as the win over Cornell.

Comment

Sioux vs Sconnies
          Hope the zebras let the lads play some Old Time Hockey. This match up is the best first round game IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The-C2 View Post
            Anyone have or know where to find Posick's call from last night, primarily the winner?? I'd love to hear it, especially if it's like the call of skille's ot winner in Green Bay!

I can only find the Cornell one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_rpKdAjac

Love listening to this call.

Seems like the Big Ten locks up the highlights for no one to see.
            Last edited by bucky15; 03-24-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2dog View Post
              Sioux vs Sconnies
              Hope the zebras let the lads play some Old Time Hockey. This match up is the best first round game IMO.
              I agree! It was weird not playing Sue this year and having to wait till next season. The hockey gods have given us a gift.
              Go Badgers!

Comment

This may interest some of you. It's basically a detailed round up of the past year's marketing efforts by the athletic department.

http://catalog.e-digitaleditions.com/i/281497

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                  I can only find the Cornell one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_rpKdAjac

Love listening to this call.
                  Seems like the Big Ten locks up the highlights for no one to see.
                  That was awesome!! I will never forget that!

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
                    I agree! It was weird not playing Sue this year and having to wait till next season. The hockey gods have given us a gift.

I don't think the goofy fans would say that if the NCAA would have put them in St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post

Whether I ultimately view it as a gift or a curse will be 100% dependent upon the outcome.

I'd have preferred Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Whether I ultimately view it as a gift or a curse will be 100% dependent upon the outcome.

I'd have preferred Vermont.
                        I agree with you about Vermont, but outside of Robert Morris, I don't think there is an easy matchup in the entire tourney. A friend was asking me about teams after he looked at the bracket, and I explained that unlike the BB tourney, there isn't much fluff to go around. The 4 seeds aren't that much worse than the 1 seeds and often are teams riding high who barely squeak into the tourney, but are playing well at the right time. If anyone is capable of losing to Robert Morris though, it is minnesota.

Badgers need to bring their "A" level effort for the next 240 minutes and bring home #7 to Madison, regardless of who is on the opposing bench. I didn't see the entire game on saturday, but friday night their best minute of play was the last minute of the game when they didn't let PSU pull their sieve, and gave everything they had to finish the game off. Every shift like that from here on out.
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          I agree with you about Vermont, but outside of Robert Morris, I don't think there is an easy matchup in the entire tourney. A friend was asking me about teams after he looked at the bracket, and I explained that unlike the BB tourney, there isn't much fluff to go around. The 4 seeds aren't that much worse than the 1 seeds and often are teams riding high who barely squeak into the tourney, but are playing well at the right time. If anyone is capable of losing to Robert Morris though, it is minnesota.

Badgers need to bring their "A" level effort for the next 240 minutes and bring home #7 to Madison, regardless of who is on the opposing bench. I didn't see the entire game on saturday, but friday night their best minute of play was the last minute of the game when they didn't let PSU pull their sieve, and gave everything they had to finish the game off. Every shift like that from here on out.
                          What about a game goes into OT and they use up there 240 minutes of "A" level effort. They could lose the championship in the final period!

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            I agree with you about Vermont, but outside of Robert Morris, I don't think there is an easy matchup in the entire tourney. A friend was asking me about teams after he looked at the bracket, and I explained that unlike the BB tourney, there isn't much fluff to go around. The 4 seeds aren't that much worse than the 1 seeds and often are teams riding high who barely squeak into the tourney, but are playing well at the right time. If anyone is capable of losing to Robert Morris though, it is minnesota...
                            Since the Gophers play Robert Morris, Minnesota is the only team capable of losing to them. No one can argue with that. Besides Minnesota lost their last two games and are obviously much worse than Robert Morris. They just barely squeaked in...don't have a prayer.
                            "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              This may interest some of you. It's basically a detailed round up of the past year's marketing efforts by the athletic department.

Thanks for this! I have been pretty dang happy with how hockey was handled this year by them. They really stepped up the tv ads, pregame activity and getting the players to hop out of their helmets. And improving the gameday atmosphere will help when we have recruits in town which is always a plus... along with strong postseason performaces

Also, that Rumpz quote in there... doesn't help subside my raging man crush for him.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post

Originally posted by The-C2 View Post
                                Thanks for this! I have been pretty dang happy with how hockey was handled this year by them. They really stepped up the tv ads, pregame activity and getting the players to hop out of their helmets. And improving the gameday atmosphere will help when we have recruits in town which is always a plus... along with strong postseason performaces

Also, that Rumpz quote in there... doesn't help subside my raging man crush for him.
                                They still need to do a better job of publicizing hockey earlier in the season, say before January. They seem to concede that football and bball will dominate and don't even throw hockey a bone until the second half.
                                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                                sigpic
                                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Working...
                                X