#8 Wisconsin @ Ohio State, Feb 14 & 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #8 Wisconsin @ Ohio State, Feb 14 & 15

Wisconsin comes in off of a big sweep of Minnesota and Ohio State just had two come from behind shoot-out (wins) against Michigan State. These two teams split when they played at the Kohl Center (3-5, 3-1).

Re: #8 Wisconsin @ Ohio State, Feb 14 & 15

Thanks Innova, I'll take it from here.

Bucky pummels Teste or whatever the heck that walking nutsack's name is.

Badgers sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Thanks Innova, I'll take it from here.

Bucky pummels Teste or whatever the heck that walking nutsack's name is.

Badgers sweep.

Ok, so this thread is done. Who do we play next week?

Actually, now that I think of it Innova, you should have just named this Wisconsin vs. State. We could have used it the rest of the regular season.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Ok, so this thread is done. Who do we play next week?

Actually, now that I think of it Innova, you should have just named this Wisconsin vs. State. We could have used it the rest of the regular season.

Nah, they actually have a number of fans (on here). I just wanted to make sure we got off on the right foot.

One of my best posts in a long time, if you ask me.

Comment

Badger sweep, Wolverines help us out a bit and we're back in the B1G title race!
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Nah, they actually have a number of fans (on here). I just wanted to make sure we got off on the right foot.

I agree. My point was you covered it. I don't think anything can, or needs to be added to this thread.

On the other thing, I'm not a goofer. I'm aware there are actual hockey people beyond our border. Plus I count way better than I spell.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Badger sweep, Wolverines help us out a bit and we're back in the B1G title race!
              Well, we'll see. The one thing we do actually have going for us is that we don't play MN, MI, or especially WI the rest of the way.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Yeah, I almost didn't start the thread, but then I saw their team thread on the front page, so hopefully we will get some of them in here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  Well, we'll see. The one thing we do actually have going for us is that we don't play MN, MI, or especially WI the rest of the way.
                  Yeah, but in a weird existential way... don't we play WI every week?
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The way I see it we sweep the Badgers and Minnesota helps US out by sweeping Michigan to put the Buckeyes in second place.
                    Like I mentioned in the other thread we have the #1 scorer, #1 power play and #1 power play kill in the B1G and home ice.
                    I'm really excited for this matchup in our barn and it should be a quality series no matter who wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      The way I see it we sweep the Badgers and Minnesota helps US out by sweeping Michigan to put the Buckeyes in second place.
                      Like I mentioned in the other thread we have the #1 scorer, #1 power play and #1 power play kill in the B1G and home ice.
                      I'm really excited for this matchup in our barn and it should be a quality series no matter who wins!
                      I just checked, and OSU has the 3rd best PK...84.1%, behind #1 MN at 89.3% and WI at 87.3% (that is for conference play). If you expand that to all games, then you are the 4th best in the league.

But yes, your PP has been amazing this season (a conversion rate of over 30% is getting the job done and then some) especially when compared to UW (under 10% makes me want to cry).

Regardless, should be a great series. OSU has 2 of the top conference scorers, while UW has the top overall team offense. Looking back to the last match-up, Dzingel and Fritz combined for 3 total points. I think if UW can keep them from lighting up the score sheets that we have a decent shot and getting some points out of the weekend.
                      [/MadLibs for Hockey]

Comment

One of the things that I think will help us is that we have NHL regulation size ice so when you have teams like Wisconsin and Minnesota come here who are used to big ice they are the ones who have to adapt, not us.

Comment

Yeah... we're not at our best on a small surface.

All kidding aside, should be a good series. Glad to see that there's another team to compete for (at least) positioning.

Comment

Yeah... we're not at our best on a small surface.

All kidding aside, should be a good series. Glad to see that there's another team to compete for (at least) positioning.
                            I've got to say I had mixed feelings about your series against Minnesota last weekend. With the Gophers at #1 it's good to see them knocked down a bit and it was real quality wins for you at home but it hurt to see you guys get all those points. LOL!
                            There are ties between our two programs though. I remember Mike Eaves and his brother back in the day and skated with them when their father Cecil was coaching here. And with our current coach a former captain for your team what more can I say except Steve Rohlik really knows his hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              I've got to say I had mixed feelings about your series against Minnesota last weekend. With the Gophers at #1 it's good to see them knocked down a bit and it was real quality wins for you at home but it hurt to see you guys get all those points. LOL!
                              There are ties between our two programs though. I remember Mike Eaves and his brother back in the day and skated with them when their father Cecil was coaching here. And with our current coach a former captain for your team what more can I say except Steve Rohlik really knows his hockey.
                              When I think OSU-Wisconsin ties, I think Mark Osiecki and Steve Rohlik...and Jack Dougherty.

Comment

Working...
                              X