Ohio State @ Bemidji State 2/14 - 2/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State @ Bemidji State 2/14 - 2/15

This series is important for both teams. The Beavers can pull ahead of Ohio State with a sweep. Should Bemidji get a win and a shootout win as they did in Columbus earlier this season, both teams would be tied with 26 points. If the two teams split, Ohio State will remain ahead of Bemidji by four points (currently, OSU has 25 points to Bemidji's 21). Any ground Bemidji can make up or any distance Ohio State can put between themselves and the Beavers will be key as Bemidji travels to St. Cloud State (potential sweep and six points) in the final weekend and Ohio State hosts North Dakota where the points will be a little harder to come by. Ohio State has been playing well for the last couple months but was not able to gain any points this past weekend in 3-0 and 3-2 losses to Wisconsin at home. Bemidji has always been a tough out for OSU on the road and this weekend's games will be no different. I noticed both Friday and Saturday's games are listed as 3:07 pm EST starts. I had a hunch on that and was able to confirm that Bemidji State's Men's Hockey Team is also at home this weekend. Beaver fans, really wish I could make the trip. We're kind of down here by ourselves in Columbus, and unfortunately, the road trips in the WCHA are not exactly drivable, other than maybe Wisconsin, which we went to back in November. Anyway, let us know how your team is doing and what we can expect. I know your team will play hard and make us earn it.

Re: Ohio State @ Bemidji State 2/14 - 2/15

Bemidji takes game one 4-1. Taylor Kuehl scored the Buckeyes lone goal. The teams will be back in action tomorrow 2 pm CST (3 pm EST).

Comment

Thrilled to see the Saturday score! Congratulations, Buckeyes. That's a good Bemidji team you beat today.

Comment

I was glad to see that we had a nice bounce-back win today, too, as that will keep us four points ahead of them in the standings. That is important as we have to play North Dakota next weekend whereas they get St. Cloud. We may need some help from St. Cloud as I don't see us sweeping North Dakota despite their missing Olympic players. Goals were scored by Sara Schmitt, Danielle Gagne (gwg) and Ally Tarr added an insurance goal in the third period.

Comment

For the short term objective of finishing in 5th Place: A split against North Dakota now gets the job done, regardless of what Bemidji does against St. Cloud.

Not to reopen the somewhat silly debate about whether a shootout win is a win, but in this case the exact number of points matters. So to clarify, by "split" I mean 3 points -- however garnered.

Comment

Haha, I hear you on that definition of "split." After checking the standings, I did realize that all we need to do to stay in 5th place is come up with three points next weekend. I cannot wait to get there this weekend! Gonna miss those seniors! I've been through so many of these and it never gets any easier. And Mrs 86 and I aren't even parents! It's not like we have a daughter on the team. We just love the kids. I hope they can get three points this weekend, then somehow get through the first round of the WCHA Tournament. It would be nice to see this group get to the WCHA Final Face-Off with all they have been through this season.

Comment

Working...
            X