Michigan @ Minnesota, Feb 14 & 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan @ Minnesota, Feb 14 & 15

So to get a game thread started for each weekend of the rest of the season....

Going to be an interesting weekend to see who shows up. Minnesota has dominated the season, up until they got to Madison last weekend. Whereas Michigan has been up and down, which they did both of in Happy Valley last weekend.

I've not had a chance to read the press on Michigan, and if bad things had happened to the team on top of getting beat up by Penn State. So it's hard to say that Nagelvoort will start- that kind of bad game makes people double take. And it's hard to say who is going to score- sometimes all the expected players score, sometimes all the expected players don't. The old story of shaky D has been coming and going, too.

Anyway, since the BC weekend, I had been looking forward to watching this series- just because the style of the two teams should make for really fun hockey to watch. Lots of passing, flowing plays, pressure, cycling, and goaltending. I hope it's as fun as I wanted.

So discuss.

Re: Michigan @ Minnesota, Feb 14 & 15

Looking forward to this series, I like the style Michigan plays, it usually makes for entertaining games. With the larger ice sheet we could see some racehorse hockey this weekend.

You forgot the smiley on our game thread.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Meeting in a conference matchup. It's been a long time coming.
      ---
      National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
      Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
      19 Conference Championships
      10 Conference Tournament Championships
      2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Looking forward to this and I need the green arrow. Not much to add.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

The ugly helmets invade Mariucci, the Gophers better watch their knees.

Comment

Yeah. Two the few teams that don't try to put a clamp on everything..
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              So to get a game thread started for each weekend of the rest of the season....

Anyway, since the BC weekend, I had been looking forward to watching this series- just because the style of the two teams should make for really fun hockey to watch. Lots of passing, flowing plays, pressure, cycling, and goaltending. I hope it's as fun as I wanted.

So discuss.
              You forgot diving. Greg Louganis wears no 7 for the gophs.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Holy cow- animosity runs deep- you sweep them and still have to shove a barb in their side.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Holy cow- animosity runs deep- you sweep them and still have to shove a barb in their side.

You CCHA people are really odd to us...

Kinda like friendly midwesterners.

We all come from the mean streets and back alleys of the old conference and it'll take some time to see if we get you all to sink to our level or if we achieve enlightenment and follow your path of righteousness and sportsmanship.

Oh yeah, and he's not one of us unless by "us" you mean people who aren't Gopher fans.

Comment

Definitely looking forward to the weekend. Will be very interesting to see how both teams respond to disappointing weekends.

Comment

I forgot all about that hostile and abusive team from the NCHC, strange with that great TV contract and all...

Comment

I heard the Michigan forwards know that the ice rink exists beyond the offensive dots. That will be refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                          I heard the Michigan forwards know that the ice rink exists beyond the offensive dots. That will be refreshing.
                          I think they only start one goaltender too.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Meanwhile, here's hoping for...

Comment

Did you know Robbie Earl beat Greg Louganis head to head on 7 different occasions. All 10's, too.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                              X