X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan @ Minnesota, Feb 14 & 15

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Real mature guys, now I'm red...
    You were red when you made your first post in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      You were red when you made your first post in this thread.
      Looking at your number of posts you must know how this works so I won't rip on you for that. Rather I'll just point out how juvenile goopher fans are. That makes me want to root for the badgers but to be honest they're not much better. I think that it's a wcha thing...
      Originally posted by alfablue
      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
        Per the Michigan Hockey twitter, the Renfrew-mariucci trophy is up for grabs. Unclear if the season series winner gets it or if it is a weekend series where you can take it home.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgODaR9CcAA8j80.jpg
        The Brown Jug is cooler. Passing a trophy like that...eh. And now that we have to wait until all 4 games are played- maybe we end this late 90's fabricated "tradition?"

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          The Brown Jug is cooler. Passing a trophy like that...eh. And now that we have to wait until all 4 games are played- maybe we end this late 90's fabricated "tradition?"
          Yea, and it pays taxes in Ann Arbor it is there so much...
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Speaking of the Little Brown Jug, there actually are TWO of them in two different sports.

Michigan and minnesota compete for the Little Brown Jug in Men's Tennis, as well-
            http://mvictors.com/WordPress/images...nnis_thumb.gif
            ---
            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
            19 Conference Championships
            10 Conference Tournament Championships
            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Looking at your number of posts you must know how this works so I won't rip on you for that. Rather I'll just point out how juvenile goopher fans are. That makes me want to root for the badgers but to be honest they're not much better. I think that it's a wcha thing...

Agreed. They're the worst.

Comment

Fans of every team act juvenile in some way. So you pretty much can't root for anyone in hockey.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                  Fans of every team act juvenile in some way. So you pretty much can't root for anyone in hockey.
                  I'm tellin' board you said that!!
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    I'm tellin' board you said that!!
                    That would be doing me a favor. I might get a break from reading your posts. So you might want to rethink your strategy.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                      Hasn't gone well for Michigan in St. Paul has it?
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                        Hasn't gone well for Michigan in St. Paul has it?

Other than the win over #1 North Dakota in the 2011 Frozen Four, not really.

That will change this year, howeva.

I feel bad for the poor saps who have to make the trip from the other B1G locations next year for the B1G Tournament to the dump aka Joe Louis Arena.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

Other than the win over #1 North Dakota in the 2011 Frozen Four, not really.
                          Good times! Only time I've laughed when a empty netter was scored.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Good times! Only time I've laughed when a empty netter was scored.
                            I laughed when tDogs scored an "empty netter" at the Final Five one time against UND. It was the night after the tDogs beat the Gophers in the play-in game, though, so I didn't laugh tooooooo hard.
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I'd have to check, but isn't that "mid 80s" not "late 90s" ? Pretty sure they started the two trophies within a few years of Mi/MSU bailing from the WCHA to start CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                                I'd have to check, but isn't that "mid 80s" not "late 90s" ? Pretty sure they started the two trophies within a few years of Mi/MSU bailing from the WCHA to start CCHA.

I thought it was made up for the CHS that started in the late 90's. Since we barely played between 1990 when I started and when the CHS started, I really don't recall the trophy being used between those times.

Still, the Little Brown Jug is cooler. Even the new one that the tennis players compete for. Way cooler.

(oh, and the CCHA was formed almost a decade prior to UM and MSU moving over there, but that's not really important)

Comment

Working...
                                X