Michigan @ Minnesota, Feb 14 & 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan @ Minnesota, Feb 14 & 15

3 times here. The funniest: for posting a picture (stealing bandwith rule). However, the pic posted was from another thread on USCHO, so technically they were hosting the picture.

MN sweeps.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      Speaking of uniting...

Mustelidae unite! Go blue.
      *Otter walks in*

Otter: Eat it, rodents

*Flips middle flipper, is adorable*
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Seriously, though, in this series my desired outcomes are (in preferential order):

1- Michigan sweep
        2- Zombie outbreak. (Although with a Mariucci crowd, how could you tell?)
        3- Garth Snow signing the entire Gopher team to entry level contracts
        4- Meteor
        5- Minnesota getting any points
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          3 times here. The funniest: for posting a picture (stealing bandwith rule). However, the pic posted was from another thread on USCHO, so technically they were hosting the picture.

MN sweeps.
          You must have gotten your post from Dirty. (rolls eyes.)
          Last edited by streaker; 02-11-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

MN sweeps.
            I got a suspension just once for getting into it with uaafanblog and using "Inappropriate Language". Not sure how that works since pretty much every bad word is ***-ed out, but apparently I found one that wasn't. Though I can't remember what I said since the suspension was in 2012.....getting old sucks lol!!!
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              You must have fotten your post from Dirty. (rolls eyes.)
              Aaaaaaaaand Dirty appears in 5...4...3...2...
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Jeezuz, page 2 would never happen even against BSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Jeezuz, page 2 would never happen even against BSU.
                  They take it personally, I suppose.

I understand if we lose, I still have a job, and if we win, I still can't play hockey that well.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Seriously, though, in this series my desired outcomes are (in preferential order):

1- Michigan sweep
                    2- Zombie outbreak. (Although with a Mariucci crowd, how could you tell?)
                    3- Garth Snow signing the entire Gopher team to entry level contracts
                    4- Meteor
                    5- Minnesota getting any points
                    I would have thought a dollar off coupon for paint thinner at menard's would be number one, or would seeing that dead deer in the ditch be too much to pass up?
                    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      I got a suspension just once for getting into it with uaafanblog and using "Inappropriate Language". Not sure how that works since pretty much every bad word is ***-ed out, but apparently I found one that wasn't. Though I can't remember what I said since the suspension was in 2012.....getting old sucks lol!!!
                      The first I got was with Dirty, hijacking/threadbombing the Jared Whoever Played For UAA thread. I don't remember why I got the second one. Probably language, pre-asterisk era. Have gotten a few warnings for calling dolts idjits, etc.

Anyway, MN sweeps, because MI pretends to be the "real" UM.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The first I got was with Dirty, hijacking/threadbombing the Jared Whoever Played For UAA thread. I don't remember why I got the second one. Probably language, pre-asterisk era. Have gotten a few warnings for calling dolts idjits, etc.

Anyway, MN sweeps, because MI pretends to be the "real" UM.
                        Nah, Minn sweeps because they think it is curling. Or because they have skating cheerleaders. Or because they have a skating rodent, like Bucky. Or they have good recruiting classes from M-I-n-n-e-s-o-o-o-t-a.

In the end, it has nothing to do with hockey.

Comment

Here's why I'll never forgive Alvarez for B1G Hockey: Oh, the BTN is nice and all that, but I knew going in that the situation would eventually arise where I'd be in the unthinkable position of wanting one of the two um's to win a game. While not quite there yet, the possibility this season is growing stronger. All Alvarez has left me with is the impossible compromise of 4 ties and shootout splits.

Barry is a cruel, cruel, bastard.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            Nah, Minn sweeps because they think it is curling. Or because they have skating cheerleaders. Or because they have a skating rodent, like Bucky. Or they have good recruiting classes from M-I-n-n-e-s-o-o-o-t-a.

In the end, it has nothing to do with hockey.
                            Psst. Badgers aren't rodents.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDwW...yer_detailpage

Good times

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                So to get a game thread started for each weekend of the rest of the season....

Going to be an interesting weekend to see who shows up. Minnesota has dominated the season, up until they got to Madison last weekend. Whereas Michigan has been up and down, which they did both of in Happy Valley last weekend.

I've not had a chance to read the press on Michigan, and if bad things had happened to the team on top of getting beat up by Penn State. So it's hard to say that Nagelvoort will start- that kind of bad game makes people double take. And it's hard to say who is going to score- sometimes all the expected players score, sometimes all the expected players don't. The old story of shaky D has been coming and going, too.

Anyway, since the BC weekend, I had been looking forward to watching this series- just because the style of the two teams should make for really fun hockey to watch. Lots of passing, flowing plays, pressure, cycling, and goaltending. I hope it's as fun as I wanted.

So discuss.
                                A thread dedicated to this series is much better. Two good teams with two large fan-bases. How many Penn State fans did we see before the traveshamockery on Saturday night? I'm personally hoping for at least a split, but Michigan taking 6 points would be preferred (I highly doubt it though).
                                Originally posted by alfablue
                                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Working...
                                X