Ferris Bulldogs vs the Bemidji Beavers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris Bulldogs vs the Bemidji Beavers

It's a week away, but it looks like the matchup between Ferris and Bemidji will be big for both teams. Ferris needs a sweep with MSU charging hard and the Red Lake Beavers need to keep the season alive. The bus ride to the arctic circle and back will be tough on Ferris, but they need the points. I wish that Ferris had the money in the old travel budget to fly more often. It has to be hard on the players and coaches.

Re: Ferris Bulldogs vs the Bemidji Beavers

Originally posted by golfhawkins View Post
    It's a week away, but it looks like the matchup between Ferris and Bemidji will be big for both teams. Ferris needs a sweep with MSU charging hard and the Red Lake Beavers need to keep the season alive. The bus ride to the arctic circle and back will be tough on Ferris, but they need the points. I wish that Ferris had the money in the old travel budget to fly more often. It has to be hard on the players and coaches.
    Those big lakes kind of get in the way, don't they.

I had plans to go to this series this weekend, but that kind of blew up, so I guess I will be watching them on Lakeland TV. Oh well, my couch is pretty comfy and the Crown is cheaper than it is in the arena!
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

I would think Ferris will start the bus ride today for the 14-16 hour trip one way. That will give them time to practice and get their legs back after a long bus ride. If they waited a couple more weeks Lake Michigan will be frozen over and they could have cut several hours off the trip. GO FERRIS! I predict a 4 point weekend for FERRIS!

Comment

I am curious if the BSU Men's Basketball game will outdraw the hockey game on Friday Night (actual butts in the seats, not announced numbers). BSU is playing Mankato in Basketball, who they trail by one game for the overall conference lead (along with Winona State).
        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Ferris has drawn very well this year. Games have been sold out or almost sold out. It makes for crowded seating, but a loud arena. Ferris has a small, old barn that has a low ceiling. So the place can get very loud even with only 2500 fans. My ears often are ringing when the game is done.

I don’t think Ferris is going to be a “name” draw this weekend. However, both teams are looking at this series as very important, and they should be great games. I will be watching on America One, so I will have to look and see if they draw a good crowd.

I for one, will be going to Grand Rapids for the WCHA final 4 games. If Ferris makes the final 4 they should draw well. Last time they made it to the CCHA championship game, Ferris drew very well in Detroit.

I have had season tickets since 1975 at Ferris and have see a lot of up and down seasons. However, the ball seems to be rolling as of late and I’m cheering for all I’m worth. I was sad to see the old CCHA fall apart, but I’m loving the nWCHA and some of the new teams. Ferris will have a good shot at winning the league more years than not. That was not something that could be said in the old CCHA with some of the other teams in the league.

With that said, I don't think that the league shifts are over. Travel and other issues will cause further re-alignment. If you are sitting in k-zoo, or oxford ohio and sitting at home for the national tournament, thats not going to set very well.

Comment

I have been to Ferris' barn to watch the Beavers play a non-conference series several years ago. Reminded me of the John Glas on BSU's campus before the Beavers moved over to the Sanford Center. Low ceilings, tight seating all make for a rocking atmosphere when the place is full. Heck, even a half full barn can generate some noise. BSU has really lost some of the home ice advantage they used to have with their move to the Sanford Center.

When watching the broadcast tonight and Saturday, you will probably notice a lot of empty seats in the lower level (Rows 1-7). Most season ticket holders and Beaver Hockey die hard fans try to get their seats in the upper level (Rows 9-16) as the sight lines tend to be a little better and the seats a little more comfortable. Rows 1-7 are pull out seats that can be pushed back for trade shows. I actually sat is some of those for a concert the other night and they felt very uncomfortable, almost like they were leaning forward. They seemed smaller than the upper level seats as well.

11 hours to puck drop!!!! GO BEAVERS!
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Working...
            X