tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

Since these two teams last met (a SCSU sweep) UMD is 7-2-3 and SCSU is 4-5-1. UMD has been playing good defense and are getting good goaltending while SCSU has been struggling with goaltending and defense.

I'm looking forward to Buffaloes and some Val's as usual. Should be some fun hockey and I'd be very happy with a split
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Re: tUMD @ SCSU - Battle for First

Heh, coincidentally, I happen to be wearing my tUMD tPB Boston F4 shirt today. Although this thread isn't the same without NSSHG and beersong.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Love it. A SCSU/UMD thread and MN posters are two of the first three.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Love how the red angry face turned into a bright smiley face.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

D and goaltending were much improved against Denver.
          Hope Benik will be back.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            Love how the red angry face turned into a bright smiley face.
            I like to mix it up with the faces. Plus I knew at least one SCSU fan would comment.

Would the UMTC fans GET OUT OF THREAD!!!!1
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              and I'd be very happy with a split
              Biddy, that is a very Dahlicious comment. Good thing is games will be on SCSU sports channel in Duluth which means I don't have to go to St. Cloud. Bad thing is listening to Jim Rich scream the play by play LaPanta style. Duluth had to suffer with Rich in the 80s, now he's the Granite City's treasure.....
              tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by section16rowA View Post
                Biddy, that is a very Dahlicious comment. Good thing is games will be on SCSU sports channel in Duluth which means I don't have to go to St. Cloud. Bad thing is listening to Jim Rich scream the play by play LaPanta style. Duluth had to suffer with Rich in the 80s, now he's the Granite City's treasure.....
                What's wrong with Jim Rich? I'd rather have him than Tom Hansen or Dan Teraar.
                tUMD Hockey

Comment

Is it still 80's weekend in St. Cloud? I can't afford a new polaris jacket.
                  UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Comment

Originally posted by DropPass View Post
                    Is it still 80's weekend in St. Cloud? I can't afford a new polaris jacket.
                    Careful. Duluth is just a trip across the bridge from being a bunch of dirty Yoopers.

And Terhaar is like Doc Emrick compared to Jim Rich. New Jim Rich drinking game: take a shot every time he says "Daniel Tedesco" wrong.
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                      Careful. Duluth is just a trip across the bridge from being a bunch of dirty Yoopers.

And Terhaar is like Doc Emrick compared to Jim Rich. New Jim Rich drinking game: take a shot every time he says "Daniel Tedesco" wrong.
                      Although come to think of it...I've never actually listened to a game called by Jim Rich. Judging by what I've seen in his local tv work...I like him.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

What's wrong with Dan Terhaar?

And for intentionally leaving off the , the college hockey gods will punish you. You better sacrifice something like your scarf... or RwD...
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          What's wrong with Dan Terhaar?

And for intentionally leaving off the , the college hockey gods will punish you. You better sacrifice something like your scarf... or RwD...
                          Jim Rich is awful and I would much rather they have a college student do it like when I was in school. As for Terhar he is better than lyon's, but they should have hired Fisch for that job.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                            Jim Rich is awful and I would much rather they have a college student do it like when I was in school. As for Terhar he is better than lyon's, but they should have hired Fisch for that job.
                            That is crazy talk. Most of the students stink. This year more than most. There is a reason they went with professionals. Aside from Zack Fisch, name one student that did a good job.

I think Jim Rich does a pretty good job, and Mark Parrish is a great addition. Even though he is a little goofy, he is much better than the snoozefest of Tom Saterdalen and I think his success at SCSU and in the NHL gives a bit of cachet to the broadcast.

Terhaar is the best play-by-play man I have heard at SCSU. Rob Hudson was a little more homerish and had more fun, but Terhaar is more professional. He was great doing the TV games before he left for the Wild.

A lot of this is probably "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. Look at Minnesota. I remember everyone wanting Mazzocco gone, myself included. Then they replaced him with LaPanta, and it was like "bring back Frank Mazzocco!"
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              Personally I think Dan Terhaar and Jim Rich have been positive additions. Rich and Parrish has a bit of chemistry. Also the SCSU Sports network is great. Hopefully they will reach Dish Network and DirectTV soon. I do appreciate they remain giving students opportunities with the broadcast.

Comment

Working...
                              X