Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver at St. Cloud State Saturday 2/8/14

Last night Denver won the shootout to get 2 points to St. Cloud's 1 point
    (unfortunately the fka Sioux won to tie the Huskies for first place--1 point ahead of the Pioneers )

Tonight's game begins at 5, 6, 7, or 8:07pm depending on your time zone.
    Jay Stickney on PioneerVision and on the radio at 102.3 and 105.5 FM in the Denver area.

Video available through St. Cloud State.

We Want More!
    ]

DU GOAL

GO DU !!!

Re: Denver at St. Cloud State Saturday 2/8/14

Denver plays seven of eight games on the road. There's a possible 21 points to be earned in that stretch. Having won the shootout last night the Pioneers picked up two points in the first game of the toughest part of their schedule. Denver has six more road games in this stretch [1@St.C., 2@Neb-O, 1@CC, 2@WMU]. If the Pioneers can split these six games that would give them a total of 11 points for the seven road games, slightly more than half the available 21 points. Frankly, earning ten or eleven points in this stretch would be a solid achievement and likely be enough to earn the team home ice for the first round of the NCHC tournament.

Mrs. Shot and I are otherwise engaged for this evening. I trust Old Pio and his nebulous posse of psychopathic miscreants will carry on in their customary Saturday night fashion.
    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Final score:
      Denver 14
      Air Force 8

Denver won its season opener in men's lacrosse this afernoon in a game played at the academy.
      sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

We need a win tonight (like there are nights where we don't need a win).

Old Pio Annecdote Alert: Herb Brooks once told me that back in the day, before every series with DU, he and Murray went out for dinner. And Murray never wanted to talk hockey. Instead, asking Herb about his investments and business endeavors.

Herbie rightly gets credit for helping to expand college hockey in Minnesota. But leave us not forget Murray helped recruit tUMD's first class.
        Last edited by Old Pio; 02-08-2014, 07:00 PM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Game on

Comment

There's no reason why DU shouldn't win this game. Sam "Hobey" Brittain should shine tonight
            I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Penalties both ways. Loney for DU 4X4 Godzilla for SCSU. They've got their freshman in goal tonight.

Comment

Tellme that's not the quickest penalty in DU history. Come on Looney
                I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

We need the over/under on mentions of the "huge Olympic size ice sheet."

Comment

Back to 5X5

Comment

Lets go Mr.Aspen... Double D...... you need to sink a couple tonight. Show them Minny So Teans how it's done

Comment

Hooking on Larraza. PP for SCSU

Comment

Evidently the renovations of the Brooks center didn't include fixing the clock.

Comment

DU kills it. 5X5. Clocks are frozen. Time being kept on ice. Jay sputtering with ineptitude.

Comment

Clocks apparently working. 12:00 to go. 0-0

Comment

Working...
                              X