_____ CC vs UMD--Fill in the Blank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _____ CC vs UMD--Fill in the Blank

UMD comes off a sweep of WMU, while CC sat at home a rolled a big one.

UMD needs points and pairwise love. CC needs more pot to go with their cool sunglasses.
    UMD: tHobey Baker University.

Re: _____ CC vs UMD--Fill in the Blank

CC needs more:

-Defense
    -Scoring
    -Goaltending
    -Power Play Production
    -Penalty Kill
    -Talent
    -Coaching
    -Recruiting
    -Wins
    -Ties
    -Championships

Probably a couple things here or there that I forgot, too. But other than that, they're in great shape.
    University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
    Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

What happened to the team that almost won the Final Five? They haven't won a game away from World Arena since then (One of their few wins is against UMD). If UMD doesn anything less than sweep Ill be disapointing. UMD finds a way to not take care of weaker competition but with the way this team has been playing lets hope its not this season.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        What happened to the team that almost won the Final Five?
        They lost all their good players except Krushenylski.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          They lost all their good players except Krushenylski.
          And Wild draft pick Gustav Olofsson!
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

The answer to my question lies here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imcVu...ature=youtu.be
            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Some random ramblings.

I figure, based on little thought and no math, that UMD can loose 3 or 4 games and still make the NCAA's. Not a lot of room for error. There is a good chance that there will be two are three auto bids (WCHA, NCHC and the usual).

If the NCAA's don't happen it wont be too big of a disappointment, I never expected it going into the season. This team is good enough and would like to see it happen for them.

Also, what is up with the NCHC asking $130 bucks for tickets to the Target Center? That is just nuts. Maybe if they were at the X.

Comment

I'm with Biddco here, sweep is a must. Team is off to a great start in the 2nd half and there is no reason it shouldn't continue at home against a team that is having a down year (to say the least). However, Bulldog teams of old have me thinking the team will come out flat one of the nights and end up with a split. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

DropPass: How is $130 for 4 games unreasonable? That's $32.50/ticket for post-season games. A little on the high side but I wouldn't call it unreasonable simply due to the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by burbstyle View Post
                  I'm with Biddco here, sweep is a must. Team is off to a great start in the 2nd half and there is no reason it shouldn't continue at home against a team that is having a down year (to say the least). However, Bulldog teams of old have me thinking the team will come out flat one of the nights and end up with a split. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

DropPass: How is $130 for 4 games unreasonable? That's $32.50/ticket for post-season games. A little on the high side but I wouldn't call it unreasonable simply due to the venue.
                  $130 is steep. Final 5 is $95 and that seems reasonable. Big Ten is $130, in the Excel, with the likely scenario that Wisconsin and the Gophers are in it. At $130, with North Dakota the only likely large fan base - it is a stretch. They need to capture the casual hockey fan who isn't necessarily following their team and at $130 they are missing them.

Comment

Originally posted by burbstyle View Post

Maybe unreasonable isn't the word, but it seems steep for what it is.

The NCHC is asking for almost money as much as the old final five was. The final five had the X, usually good teams and rivals, and all the non-hockey stuff. It has been about 15 years since I have been to the Target Center for hockey, or any reason at that. Maybe they have renovated, and maybe the sight lines aren't as bad as I remember, but it was not a good hockey environment.

The prices probably makes sense from the NCHC's point of view. The hockey junkies will go no matter what, the groupies will show up if their team makes it, and the poor people will listen on the radio.

Maybe I am wrong and it will be a blast.

Comment

What happened to the team that almost won the Final Five?
                      Even the Guy who wanted to FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!! gave up.

Or mellowed out.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Even the Guy who wanted to FIRE SCOTTY OWENS!!! gave up.

Or mellowed out.
                        I think he'd be thrilled with last nights outcome. Or enraged? Where is that DU...I mean CC Fan?

Disappointing game where hte puck luck didn't go UMD's way. Thorimbert played really well and kept CC in the game. Glad we won the shootout and got the points but we better win tomorrow...our PWR cannot take a loss. That would be killer.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

Attended this game and tUMD dominated the 5 on 5 play as indicated by the 52 SOG. Tonitnato had several great chances to score but could not finish. Defensively, the team was great only allowing 22 SOG, but the offense, especially the PP, has to get going. Not sure why this team plays so great on the road and just average at home. Another personal request would be to score some goals at the end where my seats are....
                          tUMD season ticket holder since 1983-84.

Comment

Originally posted by tUMDAlum View Post
                            $130 is steep. Final 5 is $95 and that seems reasonable. Big Ten is $130, in the Excel, with the likely scenario that Wisconsin and the Gophers are in it. At $130, with North Dakota the only likely large fan base - it is a stretch. They need to capture the casual hockey fan who isn't necessarily following their team and at $130 they are missing them.
                            That does seem a bit steep considering half the conference is notorious for not traveling well.
                            How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

I think he'd be thrilled with last nights outcome. Or enraged? Where is that DU...I mean CC Fan?
                              Don't worry. We are here...lurking...watching...waiting...
                              Originally posted by vizoroo
                              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                              Originally posted by duper
                              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                              Originally posted by dggoddard
                              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X