Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota @ Wisconsin: 2/6 & 2/7

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post
    There are always going to be penalties that the refs miss. I thought that first penalty that lead to Wisconsin's goal was mighty weak.
    Idk, I just found it weird that they missed an obvious penalty (puck hit the skate of the guy going onto the bench when the other guy had already jumped the boards.). The first gopher penalty (and that was their only one, right?) could've gone either way. He did impede the badger player's path but I've seen that play go uncalled so many times I was legitimately surprised they called it.

Comment

As expected a hard fought, physical, defensive college hockey game tonight. Overall, the Gophers outshot (32-19) and outplayed the BADgers, but one D lapse in front gave McCabe all the time he needed to skate into position and bury a nice shot on Wilcox. Although the Gophers PK has stopped 38/41 PP attempts since Nov. (93%), the Wis. PPG was on Wilcox, as he let it slip through his pads. Although the Gophers played well along the walls, in transition and held the edge in Grade A scoring chances, I thought they did not set the screen in front well enough tonight to produce rebounds, missed PP opportunities (0/4), missed the net on several shots and on a couple occasions with a clear lane to the net, did not challenge Rumpel in close (i.e. Warning and Skjei).

Comment

• Both goalies played great.
        • Gophers control the majority of the play.
        • --Except when Zengerle and Kerdiles were on the ice...those two have some great Chemistry.
        • While the Gophers had more scoring chances, I thought Z&K had the best chances...they really should have buried at least two of those.
        • I am going to the game tomorrow (our only trip down). I really hope to see as good of a game as we had tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innova View Post
          • Both goalies played great.
          • Gophers control the majority of the play.
          • --Except when Zengerle and Kerdiles were on the ice...those two have some great Chemistry.
          • While the Gophers had more scoring chances, I thought Z&K had the best chances...they really should have buried at least two of those.
          • I am going to the game tomorrow (our only trip down). I really hope to see as good of a game as we had tonight!
          I would disagree that UW had more of the "best chances". Hard to get better than the breakaway Rau had. I'd say the Gophers had more they should have buried, but that's just me.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Gophers should have won, blame it on the forwards, who didn't convert on several golden opportunities. We tend to blame the D when things don't go our way, but this one's definitely on the forwards, who failed to convert on multiple golden "Grade A" chances. Defensively the Gophers played very well, I thought, except for the breakdown which led to the Badgers' winning goal. Overall: the Gophers deserved to win this one, but they didn't!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Gophers should have won, blame it on the forwards, who didn't convert on several golden opportunities. We tend to blame the D when things don't go our way, but this one's definitely on the forwards, who failed to convert on multiple golden "Grade A" chances. Defensively the Gophers played very well, I thought, except for the breakdown which led to the Badgers' winning goal. Overall: the Gophers deserved to win this one, but they didn't!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuvEJ-U1UDc

Comment

Rumpel played great and the BADgers boxed out in front of him, doing a great job clearing what rebounds he allowed. Gophers need to work harder at getting bodies to the net to jump on rebounds and screen Rumpel. Also, don't all stand and watch McCabe when he has the puck 15 feet out.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8mkrLPrQTc&t=95

Comment

You're right Innova, losing to crappy teams on the road is kind of a choke job, but being as it took the Gophers 11 conference games to finally lose one (on the road), I'll give the team a pass.

Let's see if those pylons you call players can crowd the net and block as many shots tonight

Comment

I didn't see the first supposed too many men, but the second one was not missed because it wasn't a penalty. OR at least I'm assuming it was the second one.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        That was one of the better games the Gophers have played this season. I'm not nearly as irritated when they lose after putting forth that kind of effort.
                        My sentiments exactly.

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        Good start, but if you really want to fit in with the rest of the goofs you're going to have to be a little more outraged in your presentation.
                        Yeah, you're right, except for you're really not because literally no Gopher fans here are at all "outraged". LOL! The worst I've seen is a couple s in the last few posts. Not exactly outrage.

It was a great game. Rumpel stole the game for sconnie. Credit to him. We'll get back after it tonight. Should be a fun one!
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                          You're right Innova, losing to crappy teams on the road is kind of a choke job, but being as it took the Gophers 11 conference games to finally lose one (on the road), I'll give the team a pass.

Let's see if those pylons you call players can crowd the net and block as many shots tonight
                          I was mostly referring to 1:35 of the highlight video that I posted

Comment

• Originally posted by Innova View Post
                            I was mostly referring to 1:35 of the highlight video that I posted
                            Ah, gotcha.

Comment

Completely agree SOH and Wes. I have been more upset after some of ours wins this season. We've played a few we probably could have lost because of poor play, but managed to win. I have no problems with the way the Gophers played last night. Hope to see more tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ShotFromThePoint View Post

The Ugly: Of the 15,000 some seats, 8,900 were filled. Good for you guys!
                                I watched Minnesota's game last Friday. I wouldn't exactly pound my chest about crowds showing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X