DU @ SCSU Feb 7 and 8 Well, after the Super Bowl this'll seem painless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DU @ SCSU Feb 7 and 8 Well, after the Super Bowl this'll seem painless

Denver coming off a sweep of BYE and before that a split at home with UND.

SCSU coming off a split in Omaha where both teams agreed to pull the goalies for all 120 minutes and we skated 6 on 6.

Despite being just 2 points behind SCSU in 2nd place, if DU gets swept, they could find themselves in an autobid or nothing situation. SCSU is a sweep away from half of our fanbase jumping off the nearest bridge.

So which of those results am I rooting for...?
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: DU @ SCSU Feb 7 and 8 Well, after the Super Bowl this'll seem painless

No panic here, keep working, shake off this weekend and get a home sweep.
    I trust the staff and the players, they seem to be loose, so the fans should loosen up.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Anyone who says Faragher shouldn't start this weekend because of Saturday, should have to choke on the puck Walters shot on him that he stoned. There is nothing pretty about an 8-6 game, but as someone who saw the game in person, UNO should have reached double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by TomnadoHusky View Post
        Anyone who says Faragher shouldn't start this weekend because of Saturday, should have to choke on the puck Walters shot on him that he stoned. There is nothing pretty about an 8-6 game, but as someone who saw the game in person, UNO should have reached double digits.
        Goaltending is just one of MANY things that need to be looked at. There needs to be a lot more concentration going on in our own zone. Their defense has been horrendous. The Daly/Gravel pairing has been absolutely dogcrap the last three games. Should they be split up? Should Daly sit vs. Denver and play Rabey instead?
        St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
          Goaltending is just one of MANY things that need to be looked at. There needs to be a lot more concentration going on in our own zone. Their defense has been horrendous. The Daly/Gravel pairing has been absolutely dogcrap the last three games. Should they be split up? Should Daly sit vs. Denver and play Rabey instead?
          Honestly, I want to see Storm out there for both nights this weekend. Friday night when he was playing, with his ability to throw his weight around, the UNO players seemed to fear and respect his physical play more then they did Rabey or Daly. Plus his style seems to be in sync with Nevalainen's!

Comment

Honestly, I want to see Storm out there for both nights this weekend. Friday night when he was playing, with his ability to throw his weight around, the UNO players seemed to fear and respect his physical play more then they did Rabey or Daly. Plus his style seems to be in sync with Nevalainen's!
            Well yeah I like Storm. That's why I said they should sit Daly and play Rabey.
            Last edited by Dude Love; 02-03-2014, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
              Well yeah I like Storm. That's why I said they should sit Daly and play Rabey.
              Rabey played Saturday, they benched Storm for Rabey.

Comment

Only issue for Rabey is he is SLOW.
                Not sure what is up with Daly, seems like he is in his head and Gravel looks like he is trying to cover it and ends up forgetting his own game.
                Personally I'd stick Daly with Storm and Gravel with Nevalianen.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Only issue for Rabey is he is SLOW.
                  Then leave him at the center line.

Comment

Goaltending has been rough but the amount of times there has been a opposing player in the slot and no SCSU player near him is what worries me the most. Seems like the D at times has gone back to mite hockey with the chase the puck mentality. I am still optimistic they will get it straightened out though, they were too good at the beginning of the season not to.

Side note, I'm on the play Storm both games side of the discussion.

Comment

He shouldn't start this weekend because of last Friday, last Saturday, this Friday and this Saturday. The guy has played poorly pretty much since before Christmas.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

For fun...

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/
                        scsuhockey.com
                        CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          He shouldn't start this weekend because of last Friday, last Saturday, this Friday and this Saturday. The guy has played poorly pretty much since before Christmas.
                          Did you watch the UNO games or are you just going off what you heard? Serious question, not trying to start a fight (not that one won't break out in this thread nonetheless).
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                            Did you watch the UNO games or are you just going off what you heard? Serious question, not trying to start a fight (not that one won't break out in this thread nonetheless).
                            Going off of what I heard.
                            Originally posted by SJHovey
                            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                            Originally posted by Brenthoven
                            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                              Going off of what I heard.
                              Laughed at the thread title, perfect.

Who would you put between the pipes? Didn't see the game, but sounds like Lindgren didn't play well either. Not that you would start him, but does SCSU have a 3rd string goalie?

Big weekend for both teams!

Comment

Working...
                              X