Colgate at Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colgate at Brown

Brown up 2-0 after a period of play on two fluky goals. Hathaway ripped a shot on a 2-on-1 and Finn saved it, but it flipped up and over his head and into the net. A minute or two later, Brown had a 3-on-2 and Finn couldn't control a rebound. Someone poked it into the open net.

Both teams looked sloppy early on, but Brown definitely grew into the game. 'Gate applied a lot of pressure going forward, which gave Brown a handful of odd-man rushes (I can recall five off the top of my head; there might have been more).

Re: Colgate at Brown

Colgate gets one back immediately at the start of the second on the power play but Brown answers right back. 3-1.

Comment

4-1 now. Brown might be blowing it open! Colgate's defense looks lost here. A timeout could do them good.

Comment

Now it's Colgate's turn. 4-2 on an acrobatic wraparound.

Final score predictions? My guess is 9-8.

Comment

Nick Lappin makes it 5-2. 'Gate's defense has been atrocious.

Comment

I remember being at Starr in 1999 when Colgate beat brown 7-6. Worst defensive game I ever saw, and those were some bad brown teams.

Comment

Originally posted by KFBS View Post
              I remember being at Starr in 1999 when Colgate beat brown 7-6. Worst defensive game I ever saw, and those were some bad brown teams.
              Having Scott Stirling in net probably didn't help.

Comment

Stirling was hurt. It was mix of Brian Eklund and Graham McNally. I have to say it was better than the 8-1 thrashing at Lynah the night before.

Comment

Originally posted by KFBS View Post
                  Stirling was hurt. It was mix of Brian Eklund and Graham McNally. I have to say it was better than the 8-1 thrashing at Lynah the night before.
                  What a horrific combo. And to think, Eklund was drafted by Tampa Bay.

Comment

5-2 final.

Comment

Great win. Hoping to be at Meehan for tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                      X