Laura Hurd 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Hurd 2014

Just give it to Plattsburgh senior goalie Sydney Aveson now?

Other possible finalists:

Tori Charron, Norwich
    Nina Waidacher, St. Scholastica

I just don't think it's even close this year...
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Laura Hurd 2014

Forget about winning a game against them...can anyone even score against Platty this year? What's going on??? This is crazy.

Comment

Have not paid a lot of attention to D3 this year, but after theres posts decided to check it out.

Ms Aveson has only given up 3 goals so far this year, but it is not just cause of a good team. Her Save percentage is an insane .988 in 14 games played. Wow. This includes shutout wins of perenial strong teams like Norwich (2x) and Manhattanville.

Code:
      ## Goaltending (Overall)             |  GP  Minutes  GA Saves Shots   Save%   GAA    Record     Win%   GS  SO  
      33 Sydney Aveson                 SR |  14   843:54   3   246    249    .988  0.21   13- 0- 1   .964   14  11

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        Have not paid a lot of attention to D3 this year, but after theres posts decided to check it out.

Ms Aveson has only given up 3 goals so far this year, but it is not just cause of a good team. Her Save percentage is an insane .988 in 14 games played. Wow. This includes shutout wins of perenial strong teams like Norwich (2x) and Manhattanville.

Code:
        ## Goaltending (Overall)             |  GP  Minutes  GA Saves Shots   Save%   GAA    Record     Win%   GS  SO  
        33 Sydney Aveson                 SR |  14   843:54   3   246    249    .988  0.21   13- 0- 1   .964   14  11
        This is not a player who should be judged by a stat line. There have been some goalies on great teams who catch a lot of dump-ins and one and done shots from long distance. In this case I think Aveson is the real deal. I've watched her play and she gets tested. I agree with Prez, the Hurd race should be one-horse this year.

Comment

If Sydney wins the next three games, she is a STONE COLD LOCK for the HURD.

The question now is: Is she the best goalie to ever strap on the pads for PSU?

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
            This is not a player who should be judged by a stat line.
            While I agree that you should have real live game views to determine any award, her stat line on the Save % is so far above the excellence norm, it alone suggests she is the real deal.

Comment

They will not give it to a European player. Besides, Aveson deserves it.

Comment

Working...
              X