Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by thegeese View Post
    Welcome to the board and our thread, the geese, and thanks for posting the link, which brings up the question again whether Eric Knodel might want to play another year at UNH, given he did not play his freshman year. How much do the Leafs need him next year?

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Big K is da man. Keep up the good work Eric
      So agree e.cat! Eric brings a solid game every night and has been a big reason they've kept it together these past few weeks in the D...not to mention Brett P and the goal tending of Casey DeSmith. Great leadership as Captain; what a hole he will leave next season...Here's to a strong finish!

ps thanks for posting the link!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        So agree e.cat! Eric brings a solid game every night and has been a big reason they've kept it together these past few weeks in the D...not to mention Brett P and the goal tending of Casey DeSmith. Great leadership as Captain; what a hole he will leave next season...Here's to a strong finish!
        ps thanks for posting the link!
        Ya. Can't say enough about Pesce and DeSmith. They both have stepped up big time.

Thanks also to the geese for the link
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Welcome to the board and our thread, the geese, and thanks for posting the link, which brings up the question again whether Eric Knodel might want to play another year at UNH, given he did not play his freshman year. How much do the Leafs need him next year?
          Here is the deal ......

Knobel and Agosta use their option and stay at UNH one more year, TVR and Pesce stay to improve their physical strength, nine incoming freshman, and a number of quality returning forwards lead UNH to the NC. How many times does a person get a chance to "make" history? I suspect that looking back on all our lifetimes we don't know anyone who has ....... or even had the opportunity presented to them as a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
            Here is the deal ......

Knobel and Agosta use their option and stay at UNH one more year, TVR and Pesce stay to improve their physical strength, nine incoming freshman, and a number of quality returning forwards lead UNH to the NC. How many times does a person get a chance to "make" history? I suspect that looking back on all our lifetimes we don't know anyone who has ....... or even had the opportunity presented to them as a possibility.
            I like it.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Here is the deal ......

Would be an awesome defensive core in front of DeSmith, probably more experienced than any other in Div 1 next year?

Comment

I would love to see that scenario play out. Probably unrealistic, but as discussed not that long ago (maybe on the previous thread?), this didn't seem to be even a remote possibility until recently. I can't see Pesce leaving, and with the injury to TvR it *could* bring him back as well. I doubt Knodel is "needed" at the NHL level anytime soon, but they want to get him into their organization, depending on his age perhaps? Playing the law of averages with a dash of educated guesswork ... I'd be happy to see two guys back, and anything more than that would be a very happy bonus.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Just playing devil's advocate. If you are Knodel, are there really a lot of reasons to add a 5th year? He turns 24 this spring. The clock is ticking. I'm sure he wants to play pro hockey someday. He is drafted. If he hangs around another year he is 25 by the time he earns a paycheck. Not saying that's even what he's thinking, just offering another perspective.
                  UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    I would love to see that scenario play out. Probably unrealistic, but as discussed not that long ago (maybe on the previous thread?), this didn't seem to be even a remote possibility until recently. I can't see Pesce leaving, and with the injury to TvR it *could* bring him back as well. I doubt Knodel is "needed" at the NHL level anytime soon, but they want to get him into their organization, depending on his age perhaps? Playing the law of averages with a dash of educated guesswork ... I'd be happy to see two guys back, and anything more than that would be a very happy bonus.
                    Chuck you speak of TvR like he "could" leave..has he been drafted? I always see him listed as a "free agent". Just looking for the skinny on it. And per Eric K staying, I'd be psyched but imagine he is looking to get his pro career moving in someway if not NHL, AHL?
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Chuck you speak of TvR like he "could" leave..has he been drafted? I always see him listed as a "free agent". Just looking for the skinny on it.
                      In the summer of 2012, TvR was invited to two NHL Development Camps - Ottawa and Philadelphia:

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...-camps_10.html

He made a favorable impression at both. Last summer, he could have returned to another NHL development camp but chose not to.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        Just playing devil's advocate. If you are Knodel, are there really a lot of reasons to add a 5th year? He turns 24 this spring. The clock is ticking. I'm sure he wants to play pro hockey someday. He is drafted. If he hangs around another year he is 25 by the time he earns a paycheck. Not saying that's even what he's thinking, just offering another perspective.
                        Didn't realize he was that old ... but not surprised either. Hard to see him returning for another year, given that info. There's no reason he wouldn't be drawing an AHL paycheck next year - or maybe even by the end of this season?
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Didn't realize he was that old ... but not surprised either. Hard to see him returning for another year, given that info. There's no reason he wouldn't be drawing an AHL paycheck next year - or maybe even by the end of this season?
                          Also all the seniors are on pace to graduate this year, so a 5th year would be in grad school if that is what he wanted.

Actually the team GPA was 3.2...
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Also all the seniors are on pace to graduate this year, so a 5th year would be in grad school if that is what he wanted.

Actually the team GPA was 3.2...
                            They are scholar athletes. EK could pick up a MBA at the Peter Paul School of Business next year; how hard could it be?

Comment

Here is the deal ......

From your mouth to (insert your deity)'s ear....
                              Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                They are scholar athletes. EK could pick up a MBA at the Peter Paul School of Business next year; how hard could it be?
                                Wait - how hard could the decision be? Or the MBA???
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X