Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Here's all you need to know in a nutshell:

TVR will be back for another year.

UNH will have a garden party this year.

ND in 3.

SOG rules!!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post

ND in 3.

SOG rules!!
      Yay! I'm gonna hold you to the first two things e.cat...the last one...hmmm Still, I like the way you think!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Yay! I'm gonna hold you to the first two things e.cat...the last one...hmmm Still, I like the way you think!
        Well, you know what they say about great minds
        Last edited by e.cat; 03-11-2014, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
          Well, you know what they say about greatinds
          They like to dream?
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            They like to dream?
            Friggin phone typos!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post

ND in 3.

SOG rules!!
              Lol, of course! Good luck in the SOG's:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                Lol, of course! Good luck in the SOG's:-)
                SOG is all that matters Everything else is just useless drama!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  SOG is all that matters Everything else is just useless drama!
                  We also have SOS to fall back on if the going gets too tough this post-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    We also have SOS to fall back on if the going gets too tough this post-season.
                    No worries Snively65. I did not forget the all important SOS We would be remiss if Chuck's SOL got left off too. Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      No way he's ready to make the jump to the NHL straight out of the box. The injury won't help, but I guess it all likely depends on just how itchy he is to turn pro. Knodel is too old NOT to take a shot. Agosta has to know he has no shot (NHL, that is), so he's the most likely of the three to be back, IF he still wants to be in school. TvR actually has a legitimate choice in the matter, and a tough decision to make. Before the injury, I'd have been 95% certain he'd be gone. Now I'm only 60% certain he's gone next season. We'll see.
                      Speaking of TvR: (posted this in the recruit thread as well)

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...a-free-agents/
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        No way he's ready to make the jump to the NHL straight out of the box. The injury won't help, but I guess it all likely depends on just how itchy he is to turn pro... Knodel is too old NOT to take a shot. Agosta has to know he has no shot (NHL, that is), so he's the most likely of the three to be back, IF he still wants to be in school. TvR actually has a legitimate choice in the matter, and a tough decision to make. Before the injury, I'd have been 95% certain he'd be gone. Now I'm only 60% certain he's gone next season. We'll see.
                        and $cratch offered to him.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          So if he doesn't have the skill/etc. what makes you think he'd be moving on...to what? AHL? Excuse my lack of knowledge here on all possible avenues of hockey.. Hoping he stays, of course; but he will do what's best for him..and his future I would think. Sigh.
                          Or any team in any league in any country offering a contract/signing bonus. Offers made to D 1 hockey players far exceed offers they receive from the field they majored in. The hockey offers probably exceed offers made to any of their classmates in their fields. In looking at a potential offer TVR might wonder what would happen if he plays his senior year and suffers a career ending injury.
                          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Or any team in any league in any country offering a contract/signing bonus. Offers made to D 1 hockey players far exceed offers they receive from the field they majored in. The hockey offers probably exceed offers made to any of their classmates in their fields. In looking at a potential offer TVR might wonder what would happen if he plays his senior year and suffers a career ending injury.
                            I agree. Before his injury, TVR was on his way to being one of the top three scoring D-men this year. But, unlike his older brother, he is not yet drafted, so will see what he gets for offers. Other than risk of injury, he could improve his pro credentials with a fourth year with the Cats.

Just curious, have any past Cats who left early completed their UNH degrees?

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              Well you certainly couldn't blame him; you can already see kids who are checking out of college now that their seasons are over and heading to bigger and better things! Just being a selfish fan I guess but I wish him the best in his pro endeavors, what ever they may be!
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Went onto campus today to pick up my tickets since I didn't want to waste the ink to print them all out on my own. Caught a glimpse of the student tickets available for this weekend and Spring Break is definitely going to have an impact there. This caused me to take a look at ticketmaster and see how the Whit looked for availability and it's a joke. I know these quarterfinal series usually are as far as attendance goes, but that was always when UNH was dominant and whoever they were playing had no shot. Its discouraging that with their season on the line and facing a team that should be competitive no one seems to care. I'm just glad to see that the regulars around my seats seem to have purchased theirs already so for our little section the season lives on as it has since October.

Comment

Working...
                                X