Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    Good luck at the high school tourney. Should be fun
    Got my alumni discounted ($10) ticket for the Friday game.
    Hopefully a couple of wins and then a garden party
    Sitting in 101 Fri with hubby and got one of those 10 buck seats for Sat. We will see about Sun (if nec) and YES will book Tix to the Garden...hopefully! Come on 'Cats!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Sitting in 101 Fri with hubby and got one of those 10 buck seats for Sat. We will see about Sun (if nec) and YES will book Tix to the Garden...hopefully! Come on 'Cats!
      Good stuff. I'm going to get the $10 saturday ticket too
      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
        hmmmm not sure I agree, their are loads of alumni in Boston area which dont go to the Whitt but will go to playoffs . I agree with this years attendance at unh.
        hope you make it so they come. Last Maine visit, there were so many of them it was silly

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          hope you make it so they come. Last Maine visit, there were so many of them it was silly
          I hope UNH and Maine both make it! The Garden would be rockin', just like the old days.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            I hope UNH and Maine both make it! The Garden would be rockin', just like the old days.
            Not only would it be fun to go as a fan...some would say making it to the Garden is pivotal for future UNH success...am I right? I do believe I read something to that effect once upon a time 'round here! At any rate...takes 2 wins to get there so let's bring it 'Cats!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

All y'all betting against Boston College - quit being so obtuse. This is a simple matter. The year is 2014; indicating an even year. On even years the Eagles win National Championships. 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014. Hope I'm wrong but confident, having seen them play multiple times this season, saying John Buccigross will announce "Your Boston College Eagles are the 2014 National Champions" on ESPN April 12th. Don't want to see it happen though. Go Wildcats!

Comment

Everyone has resorted to the "kiss of death" tactic

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  BC would likely have handled a long undefeated streak going into the playoffs just fine, but not having to deal with it didn't cost them much and gives them less to worry about. Worst case for the Eagles is MN wins out, meets BC in the tournament and MN has higher seed last change, etc. I've not seen BC play much this year, but if they run into a team that is 3 - 4 lines deep that can skate with them and be aggressive...
                  ... then they don't have anything to worry about, 'cuz all of those teams are either in the AHL or NHL.

We may be the only ones in agreement here the BC loss to ND last weekend may actually serve as a benefit for BC.

I simply can't wrap my head around the concept that a ND team that got swept by UNH in Durham is somehow going to end up taking 3 out of 4 games from BC at Conte Forum (including the meaningless-to-BC regular season finale).

Strange things do happen in postseason play, but ND taking out BC before the HE Semis would be right up there.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    ... then they don't have anything to worry about, 'cuz all of those teams are either in the AHL or NHL.
                    Hah! You are probably correct. Somehow Union did it to BC last year, perhaps this year St. Cloud? I'd include MN, but I think they were better last year and lost to Yale. My MN theory is that by NCAA tourney time their seniors and top juniors already have one foot out the door with pro dollar signs in their eyes and are not fully focused on the task at hand.

I simply can't wrap my head around the concept that a ND team that got swept by UNH in Durham is somehow going to end up taking 3 out of 4 games from BC at Conte Forum (including the meaningless-to-BC regular season finale).
                    The only way is if Summerhays (9.29%, 1.88 GAA, 3 GA in last 5 games) who has been standing on his head does so on the head of a pin. Twice.

Strange things do happen in postseason play, but ND taking out BC before the HE Semis would be right up there.
                    (((Maybe))) in a single game, but 2 of 3 is extremely unlikely.
                    Last edited by Darius; 03-09-2014, 05:12 PM.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Me too. Add to that ND and UVM and it would be even sweeter
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Which the 'cats have not done all year.

First time for everything; no time like the present!

BC would likely have handled a long undefeated streak going into the playoffs just fine, but not having to deal with it didn't cost them much and gives them less to worry about. Worst case for the Eagles is MN wins out, meets BC in the tournament and MN has higher seed last change, etc. I've not seen BC play much this year, but if they run into a team that is 3 - 4 lines deep that can skate with them and be aggressive...
                        No doubt the Eagles are one talented team. I mean...just look at their freshman class of this season and of course there's this guy everyone calls "Johnny Hockey". Great goal tending in Demko and heck, they are formidable! That being said...go get 'em ND! (A MN/BC title game would be something and with this being an even year and all!)
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-09-2014, 06:54 PM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

All this sudden love and faith for a Notre Dame team that is meeting the one seed reveals just how soft of a draw UNH got in this tournament
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                            All this sudden love and faith for a Notre Dame team that is meeting the one seed reveals just how soft of a draw UNH got in this tournament
                            Than again NU is saying the same thing about UNH.

Comment

Hah! You are probably correct. Somehow Union did it to BC last year
                              Somehow? Did you not watch BC last year? Worst BC team in 15 years. The only surprise was maybe Milner failing down the stretch. People forget just how insane he was in the 2012 title run (this also would be a good counterpoint for the knuckledragging mouthbreathers that claim BC goaltenders just sit there and let low-quality shots hit them in the chest because of all that talent in front of them, but they wouldn't understand because they didn't watch the actual games anyway).

This thread does make me feel good about BC's chances after seeing e.cat go off on another one of his anti-BC rants that seems to be good luck.

Anyway, you guys have an interesting series coming up as well. Not sure what to think on this one.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                                Welp, we kinda like to say "it's better to be lucky than good" around here! Don't know if I'd call NU a 'soft draw'. Who ever comes to play this weekend wins it, pretty simple in my mind but I guess it remains to be seen!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X