Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    My gut feeling (actually more like a REALLY bad ulcer) is last weekend's loss to ND may be BC's last loss this season.

As one of "Bandwagon Nation's" most notorious detractors over the years on these boards, I can't even begin to describe how much it pains me to write that ... and for that reason, I'm hoping you guys are onto something.
    Well, at least one of you hasn't forgotten what trophy season means at the Heights.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      Chuck, it's all good, but I truly believe ND has a shot at upsetting BC. Not wishful thinking, just a gut feeling. We'll see!
      Can only imagine the money lost betting against Jerry York in the post season
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Hey, Chuck. If you read my reply very carefully, you should note that I was not ripping ABBA and the angelic Agnetha, but just the song SOS
        But you should have been!
        Those fair lady's couldn't hold a candle to the Wilson sisters (Heart), Stevie Nicks or Grace Slick. And I'm not even going to bring up the ABBA music.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          Interesting isn't it, how intertwined the concepts of "Boston College" and "gambling" continue to be.

It's like they're almost synonymous ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
            Those fair lady's couldn't hold a candle to the Wilson sisters (Heart), Stevie Nicks or Grace Slick.
            no kidding

Interesting isn't it, how intertwined the concepts of "Boston College" and "gambling" continue to be.

It's like they're almost synonymous ...
            BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! anyway, good luck vs NU. Two teams i root for when not playing birds. Would be nice have UNH back at the Garden next week

Comment

• Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
              "Trophy Season." I get a kick out of that statement. He's a creative man no doubt. It will be interestimg to see if the magic continues!
              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                "Trophy Season." I get a kick out of that statement. He's a creative man no doubt. It will be interestimg to see if the magic continues!
                Ya! Me too...we wanna trophy too! (we really do... ) Could Friday just get here already??? Of course I am enjoying watching our lil high school team in the NHIAA tournament...we play in the Concord Everett arena this Wednesday so at least it's something! What a week/ weekend it's gonna be...come on 'Dogs (our team) and 'Cats !!
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                  Sorry. To make it easier for UHN fans to understand, it could be considered Banner Season.
                  You know... the NCAA participation banner, Hockey East Tournament participation banner, and the all time UHN favorite, Hockey East Regular Season Champions banner.

Any team can hang a banner.
                  Only one team wins the trophy.
                  I can see why you find 'Trophy Season' laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    no kidding

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! anyway, good luck vs NU. Two teams i root for when not playing birds. Would be nice have UNH back at the Garden next week
                    yes because will increase attendance by 5000

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                      ...I can see some daylight at end of the tunnel, (big if )if UNH can take care of business...
                      Which the 'cats have not done all year.

My gut feeling (actually more like a REALLY bad ulcer) is last weekend's loss to ND may be BC's last loss this season.
                      BC would likely have handled a long undefeated streak going into the playoffs just fine, but not having to deal with it didn't cost them much and gives them less to worry about. Worst case for the Eagles is MN wins out, meets BC in the tournament and MN has higher seed last change, etc. I've not seen BC play much this year, but if they run into a team that is 3 - 4 lines deep that can skate with them and be aggressive...
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                        yes because will increase attendance by 5000
                        that's Maine not UNH but yes, the gate will get a much needed bump. Y'all couldn't fill ur place more than once or twice all year though

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          that's Maine not UNH but yes, the gate will get a much needed bump. Y'all couldn't fill ur place more than once or twice all year though
                          hmmmm not sure I agree, their are loads of alumni in Boston area which dont go to the Whitt but will go to playoffs . I agree with this years attendance at unh.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Ya! Me too...we wanna trophy too! (we really do... ) Could Friday just get here already??? Of course I am enjoying watching our lil high school team in the NHIAA tournament...we play in the Concord Everett arena this Wednesday so at least it's something! What a week/ weekend it's gonna be...come on 'Dogs (our team) and 'Cats !!
                            Good luck at the high school tourney. Should be fun
                            Got my alumni discounted ($10) ticket for the Friday game.
                            Hopefully a couple of wins and then a garden party

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              They give out second place trophies
                              UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                                Sorry. To make it easier for UHN fans to understand, it could be considered Banner Season.
                                You know... the NCAA participation banner, Hockey East Tournament participation banner, and the all time UHN favorite, Hockey East Regular Season Champions banner.

Don't get too cocky FHole. Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Working...
                                X