Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Reading has become the adult home to a number of former Wildcats including Tyson Teplitsky, Brian Putnam, and Brett Hemingway. I know I am missing others but if they all have sons, they stick around Reading, and they don't get lured away to the Catholics or the preps, Mark Doherty might have a wagon in 10-15 years. Lot of speculation there but always going to pull for the publics over the privates, including the Catholics. Massachusetts should mimic the Minnesota format where all private schools play in the private school tournament, not the public one.
    And, RHS alum Steve Saviano still playing in Sweden, although Sean Collins appears to be retired from pro hockey after 2008-2009 season with Tulsa Oilers in CHL?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Thanks for all of these ideas for the 'pre game' tomorrow! Quick q anyone have a quick route from Nashua NH to MC? That's where I'm going to be coming from...suppose I could map q it..
      Anyhoo looking very forward to the game tomorrow night Section 12 for this fan! Here we go 'Cats!!
      Y'all probably read this but guess Kevin G is very close to a big career milestone (from the UNH website):

Closing in on 100 Assists: Kevin Goumas has recorded 96 assists in his career, putting him just four shy of 100 for his career. He would become just the 16th Wildcat in program history to achieve the feat. Darren Haydar was the last skater to hit the mark in 2001-02.

Wonder if this will be the weekend he'll do it? Good luck Kevin!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
        Does Bertucci's have a bar? If not I'm headed to the 99!
        For pregaming in the area.. either 99, or Jimmy's Culpepper's on 114. Park Street in Andover Center is a bit rowdy usually. Haven't been to the burton's before the game yet but I do know they have a bar. I don't think that Bertucci's has a bar to speak of. I used to like Dillon's in Andover Center, but sadly it seems to have gone out of business since last season. There are more options up 125 if you have the time to spare.

The new bar in the Sakowich Center (student center) is great for a post-game drink, with very resonable prices, but I'm not sure if it's open to non-alumni.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
          For pregaming in the area.. either 99, or Jimmy's Culpepper's on 114. Park Street in Andover Center is a bit rowdy usually. Haven't been to the burton's before the game yet but I do know they have a bar. I don't think that Bertucci's has a bar to speak of. I used to like Dillon's in Andover Center, but sadly it seems to have gone out of business since last season. There are more options up 125 if you have the time to spare.

The new bar in the Sakowich Center (student center) is great for a post-game drink, with very resonable prices, but I'm not sure if it's open to non-alumni.

Hey thanks for that info Yuppie Scum. I think I'll head over to the 99. I didn't think Bertucci's had much of a bar. Went to that Bertucci's about six years ago but I "misremembered" if they had a bar.

Anyway, thanks again
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Hey thanks for that info Yuppie Scum. I think I'll head over to the 99. I didn't think Bertucci's had much of a bar. Went to that Bertucci's about six years ago but I "misremembered" if they had a bar.

Anyway, thanks again
            So I am in Nashua for the weekend and drove down to check out Greg's excellent directions ! Didn't see the 99? Well have fun everybody and Let's Go 'Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post

Thanks Yuppie is the 99 before the intersection where Bertuccis is or after? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Thanks Yuppie is the 99 before the intersection where Bertuccis is or after? Thanks!
                You won't pass the 99 on 114.
                I think to get to the 99 make a left turn just after the CVS onto 133. Then take another left onto 125 (if its allowed). It's just a bit out 125/133.

Comment

Northeastern's chances of finishing in top 4 have improved thanks to BU suspensions:
                  http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...ayers.html?m=1
                  Last edited by C-H-C; 02-28-2014, 04:41 PM.
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    Northeastern's chances of finishing in top 4 have improved thanks to BU suspensions:
                    http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2...ayers.html?m=1
                    NU was going to get it done anyway, but this can't hurt their chances.

Pretty funny bit in the link on how "The BC Hockey Blog was the first to report the news". I bet!!
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      NU was going to get it done anyway, but this can't hurt their chances.

Pretty funny bit in the link on how "The BC Hockey Blog was the first to report the news". I bet!!
                      You still saying its UNH at NU in the first round Chuck?
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Downing on the ice in the pre game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          You still saying its UNH at NU in the first round Chuck?
                          Not sure how it will turn out this weekend, but I did just see Jason King interview Coach on WMUR, Commenting to Coach about how this weekend was important for "home-field" advantage.

Ooof.
                          Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                            Not sure how it will turn out this weekend, but I did just see Jason King interview Coach on WMUR, Commenting to Coach about how this weekend was important for "home-field" advantage.

Ooof.
                            Personally I think ME-UNH is a lock for next weekend, this weekend merely decides where they play
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Downing on the ice in the pre game!
                              Yes, according to Umile's interview with WMUR's Jason King, Downing will be centering the 4th line tonight.
                              UNH

Comment

BU up 2-0 already!!
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X