Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryan422 View Post
    I wasn't going to respond to this dink since that's exactly what he wants but I'm feeling generous so I'll give him what he wants:

You obviously have a close affiliation to Vecchione, I get that, but are you like his 14 year old brother or something? Seriously. Still, I know 14 year olds that are more mature than you are. Kids commit and decommit frequently to change schools. GET OVER IT. Do you think people associated with Johnny Gaudreau go and post on the Northeastern thread the stats JG had after a good game. No. Because they have class and they 'act like they've been there before'. They don't need their opinion reinforced from a team he previously committed too to say they think he's a good player. You obviously have very low self esteem in yourself and/or in MV if you feel the need or desire to post stats about Vecchione on here in order to entice us or make us angry so that is essentially reassuring your opinion that MV is the greatest thing around with angry responses from us. Very classy. I don't mean to burst your bubble or hurt your self esteem but honestly I could care less about Vecchione. What's he have like 18 pts this year? Good but certainly nothing to stop the presses about. I mean if you're really gonna try and rub it in our faces he should be putting up bigger numbers than that. He's a good player and I wish him luck with hockey but I certainly don't lose any sleep over the fact he didn't come to UNH. There's more important things in life. Maybe you should move on too. You think you'd be humble about having your big bro (since you're a 14 yr old I'm assuming. Or at least have the maturity level of one) playing D1 hockey and having a good year. I think you're more bitter with UNH than UNH fans are for going to another school. We know how it is, obviously you don't. Time to move on with life little guy, don't you think?

And I can understand you being all ****y with the UNH hockey team but why you taking jabs at the school. UNH is a good school. It's in the top 100 in the nation for top universities and is one of only a handful of schools in the country that have a land, space, and sea grant. Great programs and in a great part of the country. Very childish for you to take jabs a the school (must not have been that bad either since Vecchione was going to go there if UNH wanted him a year prior??). But they didn't and they hurt his (and apparently your) feelings. Now you need to say to us, "Hey Hey, look how good this guy is. He's the best thing ever.", in order to boost your self-esteem & his public image (since you seem to think it was damaged b/c UNH wanted to wait another yr) with our angry responses. Can't his play on the ice do it enough for you? Classy, classy. Grow up. And I'm not giving you an angry response here either. I'm cool as a cucumber. I just think what you're doing is childish and obv. you have other issues going on, and I just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already know about your insecurities. But I'm sure you did. I'll give you some credit.

And what has Union done in term of hardware? Any national championships? Only schools that have won a NC can call UNH the 'univ. of no hardware'. Otherwise it's kinda that old saying about the pot and the kettle.....

Sorry Scott. I couldn't resist.
    TLDR and OP has very low IQ, thus the unh degree

end result, schoo sucks and hockey team under perfors every single year

FYI, I was a managing director of a Forbes 50 company. If a UNH kid had a 4.0 they wouldnt even interview him. Would not hire him. Thats a fact and that is what corporate America thjnks of your top 100 but in reality, not top 300 college. They are in thr same catagory as Merrimack etc. Zero alum support in job world and good luck getting a high end job. Say it 100 times and it still wont happen. Union has a huge pipeline directly to wall street. There alum support for internships and after graduation job placement is very strong

Hardware? ECAC championships, regular season titles, frozen fours, coach of the year, top 3 in country and they dont havr to pay the coach more than the govenor and give every kid a free ride. Smart parents and better players will pay to go there vs unh for free.

UNH. migh just as well go to u of s nh. they are a top rated school as well. just ask them!!

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      I would pass on those as well for UNH. an avg hockey program and a below avg university.
      Per USCHO Union has a .454 record at the Division I level, on par with Merrimack (.447) who has 1 less NCAA appearance.
      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Hokie Ballocks was the managing director of a Fortune 50 Company!? Which one? Enron? What a pathetic example of Corporate ineptitude. He can't even string a readable sentence together
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          LOL, I've not been to Schenectady but have worked in Lynn for 30+ years so, yeah, i get what you're saying. In Lynn, they are just starting to realize that they actually are on the Atlantic Ocean have oceanfront property and maybe in some millennium soon, they will, you know, maybe develop it??
          Since I think I'm the only one on this whole forum who actually lives in Lynn, i have to weigh in. I've lived here all my life except for college and a couple of years after. The first thing people have to understand is Lynn is a city, it's not Durham, Newfields, or even Haverhill (of which Bradford is a part). We have over 90,000 people, and while it is has some pretty nice neighborhoods, including the one across from the ocean, it is always going to be what sociologists call a gateway community. We have thousands of first generation Americans now, no different than when my grandfather came from Italy more than 100 years ago, no different than the parents of kids I went to high school with in the 60's. Lynn, like any city, struggles with the ability to make life for its new residents as best as possible. The municipal budget is continually strained ( schools, cops, fire, etc) because of the burdens placed on the city, leaving little for amenities such as the parks, rec areas, and our fabulous golf course. I know enough about what goes on here to know that it is a constant juggling act, keeping 5 or 6 balls in the air at the same time. Not crying about it. It is what it is and, all and all, my adult experience here has been great - friendships, business, my daughter's Lynn Public School education, etc.

If I have bones to pick it is with the uninspiring political leadership that Lynn has endured as long as I can remember. We have a wonderful promenade at the ocean, but that is courtesy of the state which administers the area. The rest of the waterfront, along the harbor, is dotted with industrial uses, underutilized commercial areas (a vacant Building 19), the auto dealerships and, get this, probably the only waterfront dump in the United States. Vision of what Lynn could be has been lacking for decades and, based on what I see now, is unlikely to change. Of course, the other big problem is Sterlippo's employer, General Electric, which has been downsizing for years from its heyday in the late '60's and early '70's. At one time there were over 20,000 people working for GE in Lynn, now it is something like 3,500. And GE's actions over the past couple of decades indicate to me that they will be leaving Lynn someday just like they did, ironically, in Schenectady. They've torn down building after building that, obviously, were never going to be used again. They sold off one manufacturing plant (vacant for years) to Market Basket and I just read in the local paper the other day they are now marketing a piece of land on Lynnway, near the waterfront, in hopes that a hotel chain will buy it. This trend is obvious. I just hope GE doesn't leave behind the mess that they left in Schenectady.

Obligatory hockey reference. Lynn is the home of Larry Pleau, former Canadien (his name is on the Cup) and Hartford Whaler, former GM of the St. Louis Blues, father of one former Wildcat Steve Pleau, and father-in-law of another, Tom Nolan.
          Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 02-17-2014, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Which one of you folks used Hoky's cheerios for a litter box? Either that or he grabbed the scotch in place of the milk again...
            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Greg, that was excellent and all very familiar to me. A lot of my frustration is the issue with the T never getting past Revere on the North Shore, dealing a huge blow to the city and the fact that that 3 mile or so stretch along the harbor is still is what you described. I know the power lines have been issue. Having spent so much time here it is like my second hometown. I'm originally from Melrose but hold Lynn dear to my heart. I want it to be more, it has so much untapped potential , it's a shame......................... I don't work for GE but we are one of their suppliers. I really enjoyed your post
              Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-17-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Greg, that was excellent and all very familiar to me. A lot of my frustration is the issue with the T never getting past Revere on the North Shore, dealing a huge blow to the city and the fact that that 3 mile or so stretch along the harbor is still is what you described. I know the power lines have been issue. I don't work for GE but we are one of their suppliers. I really enjoyed your post
                that and 45,000 people who speak English(barely) as a third language will do it every time

next time you wonder what world you are leaving for your grandkids, watch this.

so much for vacationing in southern France going forward....

http://youtu.be/_kKkY5EpVpY

Lynn is just the start. Will be Wellesley in 40-50 years, when grandkids are looking at Babson, good luck there

Comment

the comical thing about hoky is that if vecchione went to rpi instead of union, he wouldn't be posting about him at all. union is one of hoky's binkies.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    the comical thing about hoky is that if vecchione went to rpi instead of union, he wouldn't be posting about him at all. union is one of hoky's binkies.
                    nope, just admire winners

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      thats what happens when you get a degree from an agricultural school.
                      You could say the same for the towns surounding Columbia and Yale. I would pass on those as well for UNH. an avg hockey program and a below avg university.

Tufts must suck as

CHC is a good poster but I dont believe central scouting rankings has anything to do with colleve success. MV was,is and always will be a better player than the Foegele.
                      He wont get drafted
                      Here is a guy with a hack job at the Suffolk County Jail giving advice on colleges. What bizarro world am I in?

Comment

Hey Greg, my apologies for the Lynn comparison to Schenectady. I grew up not too far away from Lynn myself, so I knew of the GE similarities between those two communities. Also spent many great days of my youth traipsing through the Lynn Woods with my dad, younger brother and our friends, and we have enjoyed many rounds at the Happy Valley/Gannon golf course too. My youngest daughter also ran in a 15K race out in that part of the city (over into Peabody) weekend before last. IIRC the "Building 19" location used to be a bowling alley, too. So the history of questionable zoning decisions goes WAY back, to be sure. And I always wondered why they didn't extend the T to at least Central Square a long time ago. Huge missed opportunity, both for Lynn and the North Shore in general.

Anyway, Lynn has some wonderful things going for it, and many of the same challenges other similar-sized cities have as well. I'm sure you can say some of the same things about Schenectady.

But I will say Schenectady makes Manchester look like the French (Canadian?) Riviera by comparison ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Union is like Bates. Nice campus surrounded by urban decay, rampant crime and drug issues, etc.

Highly ironic comments from hoky about people speaking English as a 3rd language in Lynn ...
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Forget the home for the disgruntled. Hokie Ballocks needs to be in a straight jacket hangin' from his ballocks somewhere in upstate New York. Elmira would do. Nice place if you like urban blight
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Greg, that was excellent and all very familiar to me. A lot of my frustration is the issue with the T never getting past Revere on the North Shore, dealing a huge blow to the city and the fact that that 3 mile or so stretch along the harbor is still is what you described. I know the power lines have been issue. Having spent so much time here it is like my second hometown. I'm originally from Melrose but hold Lynn dear to my heart. I want it to be more, it has so much untapped potential , it's a shame......................... I don't work for GE but we are one of their suppliers. I really enjoyed your post
                              My apologies about linking you to the GE. Suffice it to say that I don't think that they are the best corporate citizen that they could be. Sure, they give some money, they send volunteers into the schools. But I would much rather see them do the responsible thing and clean up the acres of land that they own and are unusuable because of pollution levels. Land is at a premium in this city, we need some developed, specifically for the schools which are bursting at the seams. Because the GE is unwilling to donate clean land that they will no longer use (a subject that I don't even think has been broached by city leaders), Lynn is forced to take perfectly good homes by eminent domain in order to build new schools.

Let me tell you about the T and Lynn. In 1975, a year after my new bride and I were married, we moved to Lynn. I was working in the family business, my wife was working in Boston. Every day I would drop her off at Wonderland in Revere for her commute. One day she was interviewed as she was about to get on a train (her picture was on the front page of the Lynn Item), asked her thoughts on the Blue Line coming to Lynn. This was a hot topic back then, there were several political power brokers on the side of bringing the T to Lynn, but eventually it was shot down. Our mayor at the time was not in favor because, he alleged, it would bring undesirables to the city. The irony of that thought process is too juicy to contemplate. Suffice it to say that here we are, almost 40 years later, and the talk continues. See what I mean about lack of leadership?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Hey Greg, my apologies for the Lynn comparison to Schenectady. I grew up not too far away from Lynn myself, so I knew of the GE similarities between those two communities. Also spent many great days of my youth traipsing through the Lynn Woods with my dad, younger brother and our friends, and we have enjoyed many rounds at the Happy Valley/Gannon golf course too. My youngest daughter also ran in a 15K race out in that part of the city (over into Peabody) weekend before last. IIRC the "Building 19" location used to be a bowling alley, too. So the history of questionable zoning decisions goes WAY back, to be sure. And I always wondered why they didn't extend the T to at least Central Square a long time ago. Huge missed opportunity, both for Lynn and the North Shore in general.
                                Chuck, didn't know you were a golfer. Gannon is a great place, challenging enough, great view of the Boston skyline and, except for a couple of holes, probably the quitest place in Lynn (except for the woods). Lynn Woods is a great resource, it gets a lot of activity in all seasons, highlighted by the the Lynn Woods races in the summer. I know of the race your daughter ran (The Stew Chase) which is always a prep race for the marathon. I was never dedicated enough to run that one but it is always a well attended race. Lynn has a very active running community, an example of the good people who populate Lynn across al ethnicities, just not a lot of leadership unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X