Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
    I agree. If there's anything that's we've seen, its that players develop better in the USHL than at UNH! He probably should be in the USHL this year, too. Just imagine how good he'd be as a 21 year old freshman next year! Same thing with Laleggia, who UNH deferred, and he was College Hockey's freshman of the year in 2012. He too should send UNH a thank you for allowing him to develop away from UNH. All those ingrates thinking they could play college hockey, when clearly they demonstrated a lack of ability. At least UNH is having the last laugh.

I only wish UNH was emboldened by how right they were with MV, and told Foegele that he needed 2 more years of junior, rather than taking him as a 18 year old next year. When the model is working, why change now?
    ouch
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Does anyone know if NESN is still airing the game tomorrow? As of right now, I see a replay of the Syracuse vs. Boston College women's basketball game during part of that projected time slot (4:00-6:30pm ET) on NESN.

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
        Does anyone know if NESN is still airing the game tomorrow? As of right now, I see a replay of the Syracuse vs. Boston College women's basketball game during part of that projected time slot (4:00-6:30pm ET) on NESN.
        From what I read on U of H website it just looks like Terrier vid is covering it? On a side note looks like the UNH website has changed it's look...still not thrilled with that logo but guess that's a moot point. My daughter is praying it's not going to be on her diploma this Spring!

Terrier Vid link:

http://www.goterriers.com/allaccess/?media=435948
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-16-2014, 06:02 PM.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

What's it matter what logo is on it? According to Hockeydud the place is nothing but a cow pature. Besides- his son Mike is now a freshman that is doing well @ Union! How is that ride all the way up to Canton and Malone anyway?

Comment

Mike Vecchione is an affable, well-spoken young man who deserves congratulations for an outstanding freshman season. In fairness to all concerned, if he had been projected as a 3rd-6th round NHL pick as a senior in high school, like Warren Foegele is, I would hope the UNH coaches would have had the wisdom to accelerate his enrollment.
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
              Mike Vecchione is an affable, well-spoken young man who deserves congratulations for an outstanding freshman season. In fairness to all concerned, if he had been projected as a 3rd-6th round NHL pick as a senior in high school, like Warren Foegele is, I would hope the UNH coaches would have had the wisdom to accelerate his enrollment.

that sucks because MV is a far superior player. any team that accelerates a player off of central scouting, one of the most meaningless lists ever, will have a tough time winning championships. wait, maybe we are onto something here

Comment

• Originally posted by thegeese View Post
                What's it matter what logo is on it? According to Hockeydud the place is nothing but a cow pature. Besides- his son Mike is now a freshman that is doing well @ Union! How is that ride all the way up to Canton and Malone anyway?
                if i lived in durham i would ride a donkey pulled cart to union to get a degree there vs unh

Comment

Please don't feed the trolls.
                  UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    if i lived in durham i would ride a donkey pulled cart to union to get a degree there vs unh
                    Must your life be so pathetic? C-H-C offers a well written response and you come back with childish garbage. Seriously, either grow up a bit or please spend your time "critiquing" other college hockey programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      Not that I live in Durham or anything (although I'm not too far away) ... but we've long ago moved on to motorized transportation, so you can keep your donkeys and carts in Schenectady.

Talk about a place that's seen better days. I've been to Schenectady NY, and with all due respect to the wonderful Schenectadians who probably frequent this board, I thought I'd somehow ended up in Lynn MA ... but then I realized once getting past the largely-idle GE plants in both cities, Lynn at least has the Atlantic Ocean. Schenectady has the Mohawk River and the remains of the Erie Canal. And oh yeah, every once in awhile they have issues with radioactive waste finding its way into their waterways. Big woop, right - no biggie?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/ny...nuke.html?_r=0

I'm not sure how this happens, but the Wiki page link that shows when you Google "Schenectady NY" has a photo in the right column, which shows a residential neighborhood that's literally under several feet of water. I'm sure the local realltors had a hard enough job on their hands trying to move properties, without having to deal with that added burden ...

https://www.google.com/#q=schenectady+ny&safe=active

If I lived in Durham, and someone told me I had to move to Schenectady, I'd run - quickly and quietly. Probably to a place with better prospects. Like Detroit. Or Beirut. JMHO.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

thats what happens when you get a degree from an agricultural school.
                        You could say the same for the towns surounding Columbia and Yale. I would pass on those as well for UNH. an avg hockey program and a below avg university.

Tufts must suck as

CHC is a good poster but I dont believe central scouting rankings has anything to do with colleve success. MV was,is and always will be a better player than the Foegele.
                        He wont get drafted

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          thats what happens when you get a degree from an agricultural school.
                          You could say the same for the towns surounding Columbia and Yale. I would pass on those as well for UNH. an avg hockey program and a below avg university.

Tufts must suck as

CHC is a good poster but I dont believe central scouting rankings has anything to do with colleve success. MV was,is and always will be a better player than the Foegele.
                          He wont get drafted
                          I wasn't going to respond to this dink since that's exactly what he wants but I'm feeling generous so I'll give him what he wants:

You obviously have a close affiliation to Vecchione, I get that, but are you like his 14 year old brother or something? Seriously. Still, I know 14 year olds that are more mature than you are. Kids commit and decommit frequently to change schools. GET OVER IT. Do you think people associated with Johnny Gaudreau go and post on the Northeastern thread the stats JG had after a good game. No. Because they have class and they 'act like they've been there before'. They don't need their opinion reinforced from a team he previously committed too to say they think he's a good player. You obviously have very low self esteem in yourself and/or in MV if you feel the need or desire to post stats about Vecchione on here in order to entice us or make us angry so that is essentially reassuring your opinion that MV is the greatest thing around with angry responses from us. Very classy. I don't mean to burst your bubble or hurt your self esteem but honestly I could care less about Vecchione. What's he have like 18 pts this year? Good but certainly nothing to stop the presses about. I mean if you're really gonna try and rub it in our faces he should be putting up bigger numbers than that. He's a good player and I wish him luck with hockey but I certainly don't lose any sleep over the fact he didn't come to UNH. There's more important things in life. Maybe you should move on too. You think you'd be humble about having your big bro (since you're a 14 yr old I'm assuming. Or at least have the maturity level of one) playing D1 hockey and having a good year. I think you're more bitter with UNH than UNH fans are for going to another school. We know how it is, obviously you don't. Time to move on with life little guy, don't you think?

And I can understand you being all ****y with the UNH hockey team but why you taking jabs at the school. UNH is a good school. It's in the top 100 in the nation for top universities and is one of only a handful of schools in the country that have a land, space, and sea grant. Great programs and in a great part of the country. Very childish for you to take jabs a the school (must not have been that bad either since Vecchione was going to go there if UNH wanted him a year prior??). But they didn't and they hurt his (and apparently your) feelings. Now you need to say to us, "Hey Hey, look how good this guy is. He's the best thing ever.", in order to boost your self-esteem & his public image (since you seem to think it was damaged b/c UNH wanted to wait another yr) with our angry responses. Can't his play on the ice do it enough for you? Classy, classy. Grow up. And I'm not giving you an angry response here either. I'm cool as a cucumber. I just think what you're doing is childish and obv. you have other issues going on, and I just thought I'd let you know in case you didn't already know about your insecurities. But I'm sure you did. I'll give you some credit.

And what has Union done in term of hardware? Any national championships? Only schools that have won a NC can call UNH the 'univ. of no hardware'. Otherwise it's kinda that old saying about the pot and the kettle.....

Sorry Scott. I couldn't resist.
                          Last edited by Ryan422; 02-16-2014, 11:14 PM.

Comment

One definition of the word "hoki" is that someone has said something questionable. It also looks like the word "hokey" can mean something that is contrived or artificial. It is amazing how a single letter can influence the relevance of words.

Of course, there is a low cost floor sweeper that is called a "hoky" -- but that certainly could not have any relevancy for this thread .........

Comment

I would go with hokie ballocks! This guy is why we need more homes for the disgruntled in this country
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat13 View Post
                                Must your life be so pathetic? C-H-C offers a well written response and you come back with childish garbage. Seriously, either grow up a bit or please spend your time "critiquing" other college hockey programs.
                                he critiqued the BC program/team yesterday AM, your time slot was last night

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Talk about a place that's seen better days. I've been to Schenectady NY, and with all due respect I thought I'd somehow ended up in Lynn MA ... but then I realized once getting past the largely-idle GE plants in both cities, Lynn at least has the Atlantic Ocean.
                                LOL, I've not been to Schenectady but have worked in Lynn for 30+ years so, yeah, i get what you're saying. In Lynn, they are just starting to realize that they actually are on the Atlantic Ocean have oceanfront property and maybe in some millennium soon, they will, you know, maybe develop it??
                                Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-17-2014, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X