Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    How about 2008 when we were a #1 seed in Colorado Springs, with four all-americans, including Regan who played his worst game of the year. I thought that team had a legit chance to win it all.
    Man, I have read about the past years of success and disappointments...being a UNH hockey fan is somewhat like being a long suffering Red Sox fan! But that doesn't deter me from enjoying the games and here's hoping we continue to have success on as many levels as possible...including this weekend! Obviously many of you keep coming back; has to be a reason for that right? Let's Go 'Cats!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Man, I have read about the past years of success and disappointments...being a UNH hockey fan is somewhat like being a long suffering Red Sox fan! But that doesn't deter me from enjoying the games and here's hoping we continue to have success on as many levels as possible...including this weekend! Obviously many of you keep coming back; has to be a reason for that right? Let's Go 'Cats!!
      We're masochists
      "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
      Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
      NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
      EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
      AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
      1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        We're masochists
        Ha! Well I was "hooked" after going to the Maine game last year at the Whitt' (which they lost 4 to 3). There was just something about the atmosphere there and the athleticism of the sport, etc...and haven't looked back. My sister (twin) went to the U in the 70's while I went to PSC (now U ) but I never went to a game at "lively Snively" ... sure did hear a lot about it...! Feel compelled to follow that path no matter where it leads you know? Oops I think the 'pink hat' just came on
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
          How about 2008 when we were a #1 seed in Colorado Springs, with four all-americans, including Regan who played his worst game of the year. I thought that team had a legit chance to win it all.
          Arrgghh! I was so sure that we were going to FF in 2008 that I bought tickets for my brother in Lakewood and me at the Pepsi Center. My brother attended that debacle at the Springs while I suffered watching on TV back here. It seemed like Jerry Pollastrone and JVR were the only Cats not sleep walking during the first two periods, yet we were still only behind 4-3 going into the third. The Irish are our daddy, to quote a famous Red Sox pitcher.

Comment

Here's a story about former UNH star forward John Henrion as he makes his debut in Finland: (he scored in his first game btw)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOR5q...ure=youtu.be&a

Was sorry I didn't get the chance to see many of his games as a WildCat...oh well. Good luck John and to all former 'Cats playing around the world!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Looks like UNH is offering some discounted tickets for each of the two games against Notre Dame game this weekend.

Excerpt from UNH/ticketmaster
              "The arctic-like conditions have caused Notre Dame to travel light this weekend and they have returned nearly all of their consignment tickets. We are offering our fans an opportunity to purchase these tickets for a discounted price of $12!...Tickets for this promotion are available in section 111 by using the promotional code 'NDT'. These seats are reserved, non-chairbacks, and are located directly across the arena from the UNH student sections."

Here is the link:
              https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/unh/EN/promotion/home

Too bad I'm not in NH anymore to take advantage of this!

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                Looks like UNH is offering some discounted tickets for each of the two games against Notre Dame game this weekend.

Excerpt from UNH/ticketmaster
                "The arctic-like conditions have caused Notre Dame to travel light this weekend and they have returned nearly all of their consignment tickets. We are offering our fans an opportunity to purchase these tickets for a discounted price of $12!...Tickets for this promotion are available in section 111 by using the promotional code 'NDT'. These seats are reserved, non-chairbacks, and are located directly across the arena from the UNH student sections."

Here is the link:
                https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/unh/EN/promotion/home

Too bad I'm not in NH anymore to take advantage of this!
                Hmmmm, shouldn't your nic then be updated to Not In New Hampshire 'Cats Fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
                  Hmmmm, shouldn't your nic then be updated to Not In New Hampshire 'Cats Fan?
                  haha...I guess that's one way to look at it

Comment

Allen Lessels on College Hockey: For UNH, time is now:
                    "UNH coach Dick Umile said he is likely to break up what has been his top line for most of two months and move senior Nick Sorkin from left wing to center."

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TS22/140139807

Wildcats prep for big series with Notre Dame:
                    "Justin Agosta looked a little weary on Wednesday — with good reason. The senior defenseman played more than 30 minutes in each of the last two games against Maine. He logged 35 shifts in Friday’s 3-2 win and 37 in Saturday’s 4-2 loss."

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...5/-1/FOSSPORTS
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

UNH’s Fish Toss: Behind The Scenes Of A Hockey East Tradition

Comment

Very gutsy win by the 'Cats tonite! Total team effort; Pesce, Goumas played out of their minds ; way to dig in and score after that shortie. Another big game from DeSmith! Let's Go 'Cats for round 2 tomorrow...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Anybody have a clue why Maller got benched?

Thought Quast looked solid during his limited shifts. Lotta minutes for the other four D.

Short turnaround won't be easy on the D, but should be worse for ND in general. Let's get another couple points tomorrow!
                          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Thought that those line changes were a mess in the first, but began to jell a bit better in the second and third. Another great SOG loss for the Cats, which is a good thing, according to Chuck. And, the Cats have climbed back to third in SOS. So, the win on Friday night makes up for 2008 debacle in the Springs; need win on Saturday night to make up for 2011 post-season.

Comment

"DeSmith & Pesce Keep Fighting Irish at Bay, UNH Wins 4-2"
                              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Thought that those line changes were a mess in the first, but began to jell a bit better in the second and third. Another great SOG loss for the Cats, which is a good thing, according to Chuck. And, the Cats have climbed back to third in SOS.
                                I wonder if the UNH D and DeSmith had anything to do with that SOG loss?
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X