Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    Dont understand, how can unh lay such a golden egg, against an inferior Vermont team and get blown out of the rink...now looking from outside in, especially with other teams, northeastern and Lowell stumbling.
    Unfortunately, we are looking at the new norm. UNH used to be unbeatable at home regardless of who they played. Now they are a .500 team at home. Sad....

Comment

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
      Unfortunately, we are looking at the new norm. UNH used to be unbeatable at home regardless of who they played. Now they are a .500 team at home. Sad....
      there home record has got to be the worst in college hockey.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2013-14 Season Thread (Part 2)

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
        there home record has got to be the worst in college hockey.
        I'm just disappointed that a great opportunity tonight seemed to be squandered...sure teams are going to have 'that night' but felt the effort was not there..and they know it. sigh.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Dont understand, how can unh lay such a golden egg, against an inferior Vermont team and get blown out of the rink...now looking from outside in, especially with other teams, northeastern and Lowell stumbling.
          Major opportunity lost tonight. UVM made UNH look drastically "inferior" all night long really, with only a few stretches where UNH looked like they even belonged on the same ice with the Catamounts. Very disappointed with the lack of intensity and physical play virtually from the outset. Plus with the Downing re-injury ... afraid there are no "silver linings" in Durham tonight. Tomorrow night becomes a must win not only for UVM, but also for UNH now ... and unless UNH ramps up the intensity from tonight's landslide, UVM simply looks like the better team.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Chuck I felt from the get - go we were looking past this Vermont team whom I felt played aggressively, skillfully tonight. It's awesome to talk sweep on Friday in the papers but you've gotta show up. Just too important to every team now not to. Bummed!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              Major opportunity lost tonight. UVM made UNH look drastically "inferior" all night long really, with only a few stretches where UNH looked like they even belonged on the same ice with the Catamounts. Very disappointed with the lack of intensity and physical play virtually from the outset. Plus with the Downing re-injury ... afraid there are no "silver linings" in Durham tonight. Tomorrow night becomes a must win not only for UVM, but also for UNH now ... and unless UNH ramps up the intensity from tonight's landslide, UVM simply looks like the better team.
              My argument is this intensity seems to frequent, not sure coach does enough to motivate his troops.This seems to be a common theme.After all, all athletes even professionals need to be energized..Im ****ed at their effort.

Comment

"Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be."

John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post

John Wooden
                  Ouch! But true.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post

John Wooden
                    More mystical curmudgeonness. And truth be told, we've all seen this movie before. Frankly, way too often.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Had hopes after last weekend's sweep of ND....but after tonight's game, I'm sticking by the prediction I made a month and a half ago: 6th place finish in HE, one and done in the HE playoffs.

If you can't take care of business at home, then there is something wrong.
                      Last edited by Scott; 02-07-2014, 09:54 PM.
                      UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        Had hopes after last weekend's sweep ND....but after tonight's game, I'm sticking by the prediction I made a month and a half ago: 6th place finish in HE, one and done in the HE playoffs.

If you can't take care of business at home, then there is something wrong.
                        ditto, change is indeed needed

Comment

Were you watching the right game? UVM is easily the superior team this season (with much more depth and elite talent up front (Christ McCarthy). UNH looked like they didn't even belong on the same ice as Vermont tonight. UNH has made a number of uncharacteristic turn overs in their defensive zone this season, and their passing has been far from crisp. They're just having a down year. Calling UVM the inferior team (this season at least) is ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
                            ditto, change is indeed needed
                            College hockey news pretty much sums up the night; Umile owning the loss "a lack of preparedness"...Again Knodel with the straight up analysis.

http://blog.collegehockeynews.com/20...-5-2-road-win/
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-08-2014, 06:00 AM.
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              I agree, UVM looked like a much better team than UNH on Friday night, crashing the UNH net the entire game, playing the kind of game that I would like to see UNH teams play, but never do. UVM was a better defensive team than UNH coming into the game, which really showed. Other than the tic-tac-toe score 6 minutes in by the renewed first line, UVM thwarted UNH in the neutral zone all night long, and when UNH did manage to slip through, the UVM D-men collapsed inward and allowed very few second SOG. Speaking of SOG, UVM also destroyed Chuck's SOG theory on Friday night.

It was obvious to me that Sneddon had his team ready for this one, and the one thing that Umile's teams can never seem to do is make between period adjustments. I thought that DeSmith played great until his loss of focus in which he gave up the two quick ones midway through the third; the score easily could have been 5-1 through two.

UVM is now tied for 13th in PWR with Maine and Duluth at 45 points, dropping UNH all the way down to a tie for 18th in PWR with Clarkson and Colgate at 40 points. Amazing how one loss to the wrong team can make such a huge difference in the PWR, even at this time of year. As of Saturday morning, Hockey East has six teams in the top 16 PWR. I think that UNH needs a win or tie much more than does UVM on Saturday. I think that the UVM that I saw on Friday night can compete with both BC and Lowell down the regular season stretch. Not so sure about UNH match ups with BU and Mac.

Comment

Fun fact : In HE play UVM has won the Friday game of a two game set 3 times this season, twice that led to a sweep...(and the other time they choked big time blowing a 2 goal third period lead to ND in the season opening season )

Heading into the weekend UVM was 3-4-0 on the friday of two game set and 5-2 on the Saturday game. We usually play better the second night...
                                Originally posted by Hokydad
                                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Working...
                                X