Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    For league games, a team is limited to only 23 players on the road trip. Also, the ref and the player Jean Yves Roy are different people.
    Does it have to be the same 23 players on both nights? or can it be a different set of 23 on Friday compared to Saturday? (they could use a school-rented transport van to shuttle players if need be so that players are not driving their own cars).
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Does it have to be the same 23 players on both nights? or can it be a different set of 23 on Friday compared to Saturday? (they could use a school-rented transport van to shuttle players if need be so that players are not driving their own cars).
      Back in my day hockey players were so tough they could run all the way to Canton. Who needed cars!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I believe you have to turn your travel itinerary into the league office before departure for the road trip. Unsure whether special arrangements can be made for separate nights.
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
          Also, the ref and the player Jean Yves Roy are different people.
          Odd.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            Back in my day hockey players were so tough they could run all the way to Canton. Who needed cars!
            given the way the weather has been lately, they'd be skating or skiing to Canton, not running.....

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

So the options are to either dress one less than the norm on Friday or to leave one of the suspended players home, then.

If it ends up being the latter, the league's own rules practically require a 2nd game of suspension in order for a team to be able to dress a full complement of players.
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

No. As you can only dress 20, the other three are the available subs if you want to change the lineup for either night! In theory, this adds to home ice advantage but it's stated intent, I believe, is that if you are not going to be playing you should be in class! So yes, RPI will need to dress 19 on Friday or leave at least one of the suspended players home! Having no subs is risky in case a player gets sick or injured before Friday night! Just to be safe, avoid the Pizza Hut!
                9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  So the options are to either dress one less than the norm on Friday or to leave one of the suspended players home, then.

If it ends up being the latter, the league's own rules practically require a 2nd game of suspension in order for a team to be able to dress a full complement of players.
                  it also seems to exacerbate the difference between having a suspension heading into a road trip compared to having a suspension while playing one's next two games at home.

Comment

I seem to recall one weekend, we brought two goaltenders with us, but had to bring in the 3rd mid-trip due to injury, despite not being one of the 23. Unless the ECAC makes exception to fulfilling the NCAA requirement of having two goaltenders in the lineup, it would seem to be that you can have any 23.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Today is January 29, 2014. There are 5 players ahead of Ryan Haggerty. Did you vote todaywithin the last 24 hours?

Vote HERE.
                      I had no. I have now. Thanks for the link.

yeah, I mostly just replied here for the green arrow. Hard to find the thread this am!

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                        Also, from the It Could Always Be Worse department:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5519,4264844

Looks like this non-action thing is more common than we may have thought? Gotta love Parker's choice of "a delay of game is all that I deserved for going nuts" words, too... but I can't believe he wasn't suspended at all. I agree with a lot of later analysis in the article, sounds exactly like what we've been saying the last few days.
                        Jack Parker is an all-time great and was at the time of this incident. He brought to the table guys that help us beat the commies in 1980. I consider Captain Jack an American hero. Rick "Mongo" Bennett has no respect for the game and could not carry his jock. Funny, I was just telling my bro, our great troyboy, how much I miss Jack. God bless you, Jack Parker and God bless these United States of America.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          Jack Parker is an all-time great and was at the time of this incident. He brought to the table guys that help us beat the commies in 1980. I consider Captain Jack an American hero. Rick "Mongo" Bennett has no respect for the game and could not carry his jock. Funny, I was just telling my bro, our great troyboy, how much I miss Jack. God bless you, Jack Parker and God bless these United States of America.
                          Reputation gives you a free pass? No wonder Union got off easy, because if it was us who did it, they probably would have made us forfeit the season.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I seem to recall one weekend, we brought two goaltenders with us, but had to bring in the 3rd mid-trip due to injury, despite not being one of the 23. Unless the ECAC makes exception to fulfilling the NCAA requirement of having two goaltenders in the lineup, it would seem to be that you can have any 23.
                            seems we've had this discussion before and I'll just repeat what I've said in the past. I've been to many away games in the past and I've always seen and talked with ALL the boys who weren't playing that night.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Curadi is also eligible to come back on Saturday. (See a few posts ago.)
                              Curadi is eligible to play Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                                Curadi is eligible to play Saturday?
                                As has been said, the counting of DQs apparently restarts each season.

Others know more (or less) than I do.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X