Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by Nottme View Post
    You and another RPI fan maybe? Doesn't excuse your insulting personal remarks in this forum. Classless.
    Yeah. There's another thing I'm going to lose sleep over. But no, it wasn't me. I can give you some negative rep if you really want some.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

You and another RPI fan maybe? Doesn't excuse your insulting personal remarks in this forum. Classless.
      How is he (assuming it's a he) making a logical and factual statement "classless"? And how is this in any way a personal insult? I'm at a loss for words here.

That being said, congrats to your club on the likely-clinched Cleary Cup, all fan biases aside, you or Quinnipiac definitely deserved it on results alone.
      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

SA post-game video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fwu7P8pzM

Ed Weaver post-game: http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...-shuts-out-rpi
        Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Shame they stopped playing hockey in Houston Field House, too.
          Only on Friday nights.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

With regards to sa`s post game comments :regarding it has to come from that {locker room} he is part of that room and if the boys can`t get fired up on their own as the head coach I feel he should be setting the fire under their back sides. In the real world Sometimes even a good employee needs a little jump put into their step by the boss. I feel seth has been absent in that department and way too tolerant of lazy play and repeated idiotic penalties by the same guys all year.Come on Seth step up and light the fuse before its too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
              With regards to sa`s post game comments :regarding it has to come from that {locker room} he is part of that room and if the boys can`t get fired up on their own as the head coach I feel he should be setting the fire under their back sides. In the real world Sometimes even a good employee needs a little jump put into their step by the boss. I feel seth has been absent in that department and way too tolerant of lazy play and repeated idiotic penalties by the same guys all year.Come on Seth step up and light the fuse before its too late.
              If you don't want to get some people upset you should refer to him as OGC please. Otherwise, the great Aspydad will be all over you.

Having said that I do agree with you that he and the assistant coaches should be able to get the boys fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                If you don't want to get some people upset you should refer to him as OGC please. Otherwise, the great Aspydad will be all over you.

Having said that I do agree with you that he and the assistant coaches should be able to get the boys fired up.
                Evidently he does, if you look at the team's Saturday record in comparison to Friday. What happened to the other five days of the week?

Comment

Last nights game was one of the most uninspired efforts I have witnessed in a while. I hope they can put that behind them. A win tonight against a good Clarkson team will salvage this weekend. Go Red!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Evidently he does, if you look at the team's Saturday record in comparison to Friday. What happened to the other five days of the week?
                    It could just be we have a " team " that is not very united. If you can`t bring your A game two nights in a row you can`t win any kind of championship. I will be shocked{but happy} if we get past the first round of the play-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                      It could just be we have a " team " that is not very united. If you can`t bring your A game two nights in a row you can`t win any kind of championship. I will be shocked{but happy} if we get past the first round of the play-offs.
                      It's part of a leader's job description to build bridges and develop a rapport amongst the players. Whether sports or business, it's the same thing. The whole point of having a team is to have a sum that's more than its parts. It's the job of the coach and captains to establish that team mentality. Now sometimes the internal dynamics of the team make the leader's job impossible... and in that situation, something has to give. Either change the makeup of the team or change the leadership.

To be clear, I'm not calling for SA's head. But I do think his job description requires him to accept some of the responsibility for our team's lackluster performance this year. In my opinion the problem is not a lack of talented players.

Anyway, let's hope we get our s**t together tonight. Puck drops in 35 minutes. Let's Go Red!
                      Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                        How is he (assuming it's a he) making a logical and factual statement "classless"? And how is this in any way a personal insult? I'm at a loss for words here.

That being said, congrats to your club on the likely-clinched Cleary Cup, all fan biases aside, you or Quinnipiac definitely deserved it on results alone.
                        Yes. You and your ilk just keep getting more and more unintentionally hilarious.

Don't ever stop. By the way, your co-workers gave me a large fry yesterday when all I asked for was a medium, so thanks for that too!

Comment

Yes. You and your ilk just keep getting more and more unintentionally hilarious.

Don't ever stop. By the way, your co-workers gave me a large fry yesterday when all I asked for was a medium, so thanks for that too!
                          Once again, Schenectadopes showing their "originality" by repeating the same zinger made at them.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Once again, Schenectadopes showing their "originality" by repeating the same zinger made at them.
                            Hey, as a native Schenectadian who grew up 3 blocks from the Union campus... and has a father that WENT TO UNION and is now an RPI hockey fan because the school screwed him and his classmates horribly... hope you are not including me on that too...

I think he was trying to show where the "personal insult" was on that. Where he was mistaken is that it didn't hit on anything personal to him, it was a general insult that could be applied to any Unionite in theory, I am betting.

(Pardon my possibly broken grammar, Sam Adams came for a visit tonight)
                            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I said that. Apparently it "struck a chord," to use the parlance of one of your compadres. Doesn't excuse your insulting personal remarks in this forum. Classless.

Interesting that you'd react that way to a kind compliment paid to you.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Anyone else notice the overly excited Clarkson fan, who felt the need to run from his seat in section 18 all the way to the stairs past section 17, after Clarkson scored last night. I was watching and waiting from section 9 for someone to clothesline him. Didnt know the crotch chop was back in fashion.
                                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Working...
                                X