Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part III: Maximum Overdrivel

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard from fr joe? He hasn't posted in over two months.
    I envy him.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
      the number of power plays resulting from a 5-min penalty is one more than the number of goals scored during the 5-mins.)
      goals=1 PP
      1 goal= 2PP
      etc.
      I realize that, but there is no reason that an ESP corresponds to it. They don't announce it again after a goal is cored as far as I recall. (Thus definitely is drivel. )
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        I envy him.
        Yes, but has anyone seen or heard from him?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Has anyone seen or heard from fr joe? He hasn't posted in over two months.

Last post Nov 28 2013. Does RPI have an alumni news website? His profile says he is a 1977 grad. Maybe there's some news there?
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            Last post Nov 28 2013. Does RPI have an alumni news website? His profile says he is a 1977 grad. Maybe there's some news there?
            YEs there is one, but I doubt that there is anything there. He probably got disgusted with all the drivel. I just thought someone might have seen him recently at the HFH.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

YEs there is one, but I doubt that there is anything there. He probably got disgusted with all the drivel. I just thought someone might have seen him recently at the HFH.
              There are plenty of people on here disgusted with the drivel
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                There are plenty of people on here disgusted with the drivel
                qft
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Considering there has only been ONE game at the HFH since the middle of December, that wouldn't be too likely either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    qft
                    Remember guys this is FlagDudes thread and everyone else are just guests.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      One possible result of this extra information might be to learn how quickly a team has success on the power play as well. if the power play goal is scored after 30 seconds, would your method show as 1 out of 0.5 minutes? while if the power play goal is scored a minute later, would it read as 1 out of 1.5 minutes?
                      That is exactly what i meant-I personally would have a much better handle on a team's power play and how a team performs short handed with that kind of information.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                        Remember guys this is FlagDudes thread and everyone else are just guests.
                        No, it isn't.
                        Although looking there are FIVE tags about me and one about my girlfriend, I'm beginning to wonder.

Comment

Interesting stretch run for not only RPI but for several other ECAC teams as far as jockeying for position. While anything can happen it would appear that with the remaining games/teams RPI faces it will be an uphill challenge to get into one of the top 5/6 spots.Right now it looks like a team would need at least 23/24 points to get into the 5/6 positions and that could be as big as getting into a top 4 spot for the first round. More than likely the 5/6 spots will draw Dartmouth and Princeton which should be a solid advantage to the 5/6 teams. the 7/8 teams would probably face either Harvard or SLU and those 2 teams would pose completely opposite problems in a 3 game playoff format. ECAC play seems to favor teams who play the most consistent defensive zone game and that will probably determine who moves up the ladder in the final 4 weeks.

Comment

Has anyone told you guys you are a bunch of nerds??

Comment

• Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Groan.

PS The home PP Conversion rate is 8/38, or 21.1%, so an E Stewart Jones power play is actually worth 0.211 goals... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I took it too far.
                              I'm probably alone in thinking this, but two things about our PP ( other than its lousy ...again )
                              1) I HATE the 5 forward concept...it's ineffective and usually results in short handed chances against ( hello , SLU )
                              2) I love seeing the BRO down low on the offensive end ...he looks at ease handling the puck and occupies a zip code of real estate for defenders. I want more of this ****it!!!
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                                Has anyone told you guys you are a bunch of nerds??
                                I believe the term was invented specifically to describe RPI people.

Comment

Working...
                                X