This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

I was channel surfing earlier tonight, and came across part two of channel 4 news teams "Puck Matters". I visited their website and watched part one. It's worth watching, it made me even more excited about this next season. I assume part two, if you missed it tonight, will be on their website tomorrow, along with part one.

http://www.youralaskalink.com/local-...258584341.html

Thank goodness I have golf! I am in serious hockey withdrawal.
    Last edited by Suze; 05-10-2014, 12:06 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      I was channel surfing earlier tonight, and came across part two of channel 4 news teams "Puck Matters". I visited their website and watched part one. It's worth watching, it made me even more excited about this next season. I assume part two, if you missed it tonight, will be on their website tomorrow, along with part one.

http://www.youralaskalink.com/local-...258584341.html

I watched both segments, and I must say that I really like what coach Thomas and Keith Hackett have to say about the "new day" UAA embraces. I am really hoping they both can pull off a new arena on campus really soon. OR, really spruce up the Sullivan with the new seats, scoreboard, glass, etc.

We really need to build on this momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
        I watched both segments, and I must say that I really like what coach Thomas and Keith Hackett have to say about the "new day" UAA embraces. I am really hoping they both can pull off a new arena on campus really soon. OR, really spruce up the Sullivan with the new seats, scoreboard, glass, etc.

Yes, I agree. I so wish the Sully was getting the renovations for this next season. I'm just glad that all of the issues surrounding the athletic dept. right now have nothing to do with hockey ... for a change!
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Maybe go shoot some pucks............... at Jim Creek.
          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            I'm in!
            When we going?
            Suze lives just down the road and may be able to work it in between golf rounds.

Comment

Well, maybe fishing next month.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I watched both as well, and, I'm excited! I do believe this program is headed in the right direction now. All of those who voted for Matt Thomas to be the coach, I salute you. And, he's kept to his guns, 'Never had a losing season, and I don't plan to start now.'(Paraphasing at it's best.)

Although, I'm still a little ****ed we broke the FSU goalie and couldn't hang on, hats off to FSU for 'bringing it, when they needed it'.

It's a new day, and a FANTASTIC DAY TO BE A SEAWOLF!
                Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
                  I watched both as well, and, I'm excited! I do believe this program is headed in the right direction now. All of those who voted for Matt Thomas to be the coach, I salute you. And, he's kept to his guns, 'Never had a losing season, and I don't plan to start now.'(Paraphasing at it's best.)

Although, I'm still a little ****ed we broke the FSU goalie and couldn't hang on, hats off to FSU for 'bringing it, when they needed it'.

It's a new day, and a FANTASTIC DAY TO BE A SEAWOLF!
                  I think the program is heading in the right direction as well. Mailing off our season ticket renewals today!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I don't know if you all saw this, but even people watching High School graduations do not like Sullivan Arena.

http://www.adn.com/2014/05/17/347423...l?sp=/99/328//

Comment

I don't know if you all saw this, but even people watching High School graduations do not like Sullivan Arena.

http://www.adn.com/2014/05/17/347423...l?sp=/99/328//
                      Preaching to the choir.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Preaching to the choir.
                        Maybe the "choir" needs to forward it that "Juneau Rap Group” who can fix the problem, of course between viewing golf shots.
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Maybe the "choir" needs to forward it that "Juneau Rap Group” who can fix the problem, of course between viewing golf shots.
                          Aren't you in rare form? Maybe the choir and the entire congregation needs to email the rap group.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Aren't you in rare form? Maybe the choir and the entire congregation needs to email the rap group.
                            I emailed the 9 main rappers on the Sully upgrades only 2 determined I was "worthy" of a reply I will remember that when I am in the voting booth next time and return the favor if it is possable.

Comment

I emailed the 9 main rappers on the Sully upgrades only 2 determined I was "worthy" of a reply I will remember that when I am in the voting booth next time and return the favor if it is possable.
                              OK, is ANYTHING going to be done this summer???

Comment

OK, is ANYTHING going to be done this summer???
                                I did talk to the guy in charge of the Sully renovations, and he told me the Sully would not get new glass, seats, etc. until 2015. I do believe, however, that the new scoreboard that the Aces purchased will be installed this summer. So there's that. I would love to see all of these upgrades in place for the start of the coming hockey season.

AlaskaHockey, I only Senator I received a reply from was Berta Gardner.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X