X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
    2 new recruits according to twitter (over the boards)

Tanner Johnson defenseman from Langley in the bchl

Mason Mitchell from nanaimo from the bchl
    Johnson had average numbers in his two regular seasons ... scored 3g-2a though in 12 playoff games this year. He's an 18 year old blueliner @ 6'1"185 ... 2015-2016 player for uaa.

I don't see a lot of anything about Mitchell that makes me think he's anything special ... He's 19 ... 6'2" 188lbs ... been a .5 ppg player in his two seasons in the B but played in only 82 games in that two years (injuries maybe ... I see he had a concussion this season).

Everytime I go to the BCHL pages I see more than a few players that I hope UAA is going after. For example .. where is this kid going? Why not UAA? http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=821896

or this kid ...

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...ayerID=1070081

He's probably looking at Minnesota schools but these are the sorts of guys that UAA needs to be getting.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
      Johnson had average numbers in his two regular seasons ... scored 3g-2a though in 12 playoff games this year. He's an 18 year old blueliner @ 6'1"185 ... 2015-2016 player for uaa.

I don't see a lot of anything about Mitchell that makes me think he's anything special ... He's 19 ... 6'2" 188lbs ... been a .5 ppg player in his two seasons in the B but played in only 82 games in that two years (injuries maybe ... I see he had a concussion this season).

Everytime I go to the BCHL pages I see more than a few players that I hope UAA is going after. For example .. where is this kid going? Why not UAA? http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...layerID=821896

or this kid ...

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_p...ayerID=1070081

He's probably looking at Minnesota schools but these are the sorts of guys that UAA needs to be getting.
      Johnson and Mitchell I hope are 15-16 recruits, if that's the case they could put up the numbers like the kids you listed. There play leaves a lot to be desired, but maybee that's what coach wants, some hard working kids you don't get that much playing time until their junior/senior year. A good current example would be Andrew Pettit, I can't tell you how many times he was in the right position at the right time during the second half of the season, it was uncanny.
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
        Johnson and Mitchell I hope are 15-16 recruits, if that's the case they could put up the numbers like the kids you listed. There play leaves a lot to be desired, but maybee that's what coach wants, some hard working kids you don't get that much playing time until their junior/senior year. A good current example would be Andrew Pettit, I can't tell you how many times he was in the right position at the right time during the second half of the season, it was uncanny.
        Pettitt scored well in the B ... like 35 goals if i remember right. But in any case, yes you need role players and character guys and of course I have no real idea what they look like on the ice. I just always hope to see some sweet scouting report or even some hometown rag singing their praises when I see a new recruit. Hopefully, there's some intangible attributes that Thomas/Staff saw to make them the offer.

For next season I know I'll be looking forward to Kozun and Weidauer as potential "impact" players down the line.

Here's an audio interview with Tad Kozun ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7YOInGi58

Also give this a look .. Steve Thompson talking about Juniors and getting a schollie etc ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9oNesAunCs

And here's a "fun" video that involves Christian Weidauer ... he got in a tussle with another kid who ended up punching the linesman ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOeGBIA6JCM#t=60

Here's an interview with Weidauer from when he played in Ontario ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV4_RMVUyFQ

Also if you didn't know (I didn't cos I don't check this stuff anymore) Weidauer was a 2nd team league All-Star this season.
        Last edited by uaafanblog; 04-03-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Bailey got his first pro goal tonight. Congrats to matt
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

The way I hear it, so may not be entirely accurate:
            Matt will be the entire 30 minutes on Charley's show tomorrow night.
            It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!
            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 04-05-2014, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              The way I hear it, so may not be entirely accurate:
              Matt will be the entire 30 minutes on Charley's show tomorrow night.
              It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!
              That's what it looks like. I hope that's not the "big news" that Alaska Hockey was talking about.
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                You should call ol' Patsy up and ask him point blank. I will not waste my time with him.
                I'm still interested in knowing where you heard this, because nobody I have talked to (who should know) say DI for all sports is in UAA's future plans.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great interview of coach Thomas on The Show a few minutes ago. I really liked the discussion about UAA beating UA_ in the playoffs. Thomas said that when the Nanooks won the Gov Cup in the shootout (which he thinks is a really dumb way to determine the winner), they played "We are the champions" at the Carlson Center. He came pretty close to saying how classless that was. That really ticked him off and gave him and the team the determination to knock them out of the playoffs on their home ice. So yeah, thanks to whoever decided to play that song!
                  Last edited by Suze; 04-08-2014, 06:53 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

http://www.ktuu.com/video/The-Show-April-6/25365900

For those of you who really wanted to know how Coach got his nickname, here is the show that had the interview.
                    And
                    I thought it was funny how Charlie ignored the last line of the email he showed with the question for Coach.

Comment

Great news, the money from the State for upgrades at the Sullivan has been suspended.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Great news, the money from the State for upgrades at the Sullivan has been suspended.
                        Do tell, how do you knows these things sire?
                        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                          Do tell, how do you knows these things sire?
                          Here.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Not to worry.
                            Mayor Sneak says he is "very confident" the money for the tennis courts will be reinstated.
                            No word on the funds for his father's namesake building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Thanks JJ, political posturing, nice. Lawyers trying other out lawyer one another and this time their pawn is the funding of an obviously run down municipal sports venue, mainly used for hockey. But oh we got a fly in our ointment, some shady tennis deal surfaced from its under the table lair. So let's battle it out and delay the inevitable (ice updates and maintenance) for as long as possible. We act like we don't have any money to do anything in this state. We just put the money on the golden pedestal and count it every month to see how much it's grown. It really is a sad joke.
                              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                                Thanks JJ, political posturing, nice. Lawyers trying other out lawyer one another and this time their pawn is the funding of an obviously run down municipal sports venue, mainly used for hockey. But oh we got a fly in our ointment, some shady tennis deal surfaced from its under the table lair. So let's battle it out and delay the inevitable (ice updates and maintenance) for as long as possible. We act like we don't have any money to do anything in this state. We just put the money on the golden pedestal and count it every month to see how much it's grown. It really is a sad joke.
                                That is sad to hear if they dont get the arena upgrade money...

Comment

Working...
                                X