This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Well I'm glad nmu and bg lost, Hope the guys are healed up and ready for the trip to sault st Marie

Go seawolves
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      You're a staunch supporter so I have no intention of fighting with you, however to me the days of the Seawolves just hanging on and praying are over. These guys are learning to kick butt and take names.
      The NMU and Michigan Tech wins keep BGSU & the purple cows within reach and our guys are climbing the ranks.
      It's a new day! And a great day to be a Seawolf!
      I agree 100% They have come to chew bubblegum and kick ***, and they are ALL OUTTA BUBBLEGUM.

Go 'Wolves !!
      Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Interesting reading:

(Taken from Wikipedia).

(Taken from the Colosseo website).
        2 million new? We should be able to get a steal then! And, seems like weight wouldn't be that much if an issue. Getting better by the minute. Heck, Parks could probably pony out of his own pocket. Hehe.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, that article also said something about an 'ice system'. So, both for $2 million? Makes Cobb and the AA CENTER seem like a bad joke.. I can only see
        "5600" people there if a huge concert came through. BB and gymnastics aren't going to break 2000, ever. Even on the same day.
        Last edited by UAA Fan in Florida; 02-03-2014, 03:43 PM.
        Back in AK for good... 7/13/05

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
          2 million new? We should be able to get a steal then! And, seems like weight wouldn't be that much if an issue. Getting better by the minute. Heck, Parks could probably pony out of his own pocket. Hehe.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, that article also said something about an 'ice system'. So, both for $2 million? Makes Cobb and the AA CENTER seem like a bad joke.. I can only see 10000 people there if a huge concert came through. BB and gymnastics aren't going to break 2000, ever. Even on the same day.
          The 2 mil was for the ice system and other stuff as well. Not just the scoreboard.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Interesting reading:

(Taken from Wikipedia).

(Taken from the Colosseo website).
            Wow, nice sleuthing Suze!! That's some encouraging information. It sounds like Colosseo has a potential solution for the score board weight conundrum the Sullivan Arena faces. I wonder who is in charge of the Sully's engineering/building structure maintenance? Someone with SMG?

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskana View Post
              Wow, nice sleuthing Suze!! That's some encouraging information. It sounds like Colosseo has a potential solution for the score board weight conundrum the Sullivan Arena faces. I wonder who is in charge of the Sully's engineering/building structure maintenance? Someone with SMG?
              I don't know, John Rodda (Parks and Rec Director) is who I spoke with. He is overseeing the upgrades on the Sully, Dempsey and Boeke. He had concerns about the structure of the Sully being able to support a new scoreboard, so I assume the Muni is responsible for this. We sit by someone who works for SMG, I'll ask at the next home game.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAA Fan in Florida View Post
                Also, while I'm thinking about it, that article also said something about an 'ice system'. So, both for $2 million? Makes Cobb and the AA CENTER seem like a bad joke.. I can only see 10000 people there if a huge concert came through. BB and gymnastics aren't going to break 2000, ever. Even on the same day.
                The AA Center only seats 5000. UAA basketball has not been drawing many fans this season, according to their box scores. Women around 400-600 and men well under 1000 (which is the capacity for the Farg). Their last three games drew 565, 628 and 650. This is a HOCKEY town. It still drives me crazy that the new arena does not include ice.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The AA Center only seats 5000. UAA basketball has not been drawing many fans this season, according to their box scores. Women around 400-600 and men well under 1000 (which is the capacity for the Farg). Their last three games drew 565, 628 and 650. This is a HOCKEY town. It still drives me crazy that the new arena does not include ice.
                  Today's newspaper had a picture of the unfinished interior. It's screaming for ice but the powers that be are ignoring it.

Comment

Today's newspaper had a picture of the unfinished interior. It's screaming for ice but the powers that be are ignoring it.
                    It's too late to do anything now anyway. I am not even looking at that pic.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Great article about UAA in CHN:

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...rs_raising.php

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The program does have a bright future. The compete hard and have some terrific players!
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          The program does have a bright future. The compete hard and have some terrific players!
                          They also have a great new coach, and an athletic program that is dedicated to hockey.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

So can we work on getting Donald banned again? I'm sick and tired of him making the UAA fanbase look bad.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              So can we work on getting Donald banned again? I'm sick and tired of him making the UAA fanbase look bad.
                              Probably the only way to take these threads is to understand that anyone who wants to post is every bit as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine. Just my personal opinion however I don't believe in banning books or other folks opinions.
                              I've had my differences with some posters but just because they were wrong and I was right didn't justify banning them.
                              Post on Jimjamesak and DD!

Comment

Probably the only way to take these threads is to understand that anyone who wants to post is every bit as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine. Just my personal opinion however I don't believe in banning books or other folks opinions.
                                I've had my differences with some posters but just because they were wrong and I was right didn't justify banning them.
                                Post on Jimjamesak and DD!
                                This!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X