X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA: Exciting Things Ahead!

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    So by my count there's at least 3 posters in this thread implying that they know something of interest to the rest of us yet none of them just come out with it. What is this place? Some sort of high end journalistic joint? effing out with it.
    OK I told Suze what it is already and I am surprised that she hasn't said anything...I will let her tell it.

Comment

So by my count there's at least 3 posters in this thread implying that they know something of interest to the rest of us yet none of them just come out with it. What is this place? Some sort of high end journalistic joint? effing out with it.
      LMAO...really, well the BOR meeting agenda is posted and plain to see for everyone, nothing about hockey, new ice in the future empty palace, etc...
      Oh one thing. They are going to add a restaurant to the new palace. I'll take my fat butt and my expense account over there with some customers and see what that's all aboot. So yeah still waiting. (it's all on Suze now)
      If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
        LMAO...really, well the BOR meeting agenda is posted and plain to see for everyone, nothing about hockey, new ice in the future empty palace, etc...
        Oh one thing. They are going to add a restaurant to the new palace. I'll take my fat butt and my expense account over there with some customers and see what that's all aboot. So yeah still waiting. (it's all on Suze now)
        The only I can see maybe is something in the "UA Athletics Report" section. I don't know what you guys are talking about though.

If it's anything arena related, never get excited because nothing is certain until shovels hit dirt.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

OK guys, it is the new restaurant/pub at UAA AAC. Exciting because it is a revenue generating project that will help other sports too! Also, it will help fund new sports like swimming and soccer!

I am still trying to track down this rumer http://www.bigskyfans.com/bengals/vi...a390e5588f281e but have no luck!

This rumor is more exciting to me!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
            OK guys, it is the new restaurant/pub at UAA AAC. Exciting because it is a revenue generating project that will help other sports too! Also, it will help fund new sports like swimming and soccer!

I am still trying to track down this rumer http://www.bigskyfans.com/bengals/vi...a390e5588f281e but have no luck!

Football is not happening. I could see them adding other sports but not football. And d1 I'm 50-50 on
            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I'll gladly drop some company cash in that place, said they getting a pizza oven...get that Moose's Tooth vibe going on in there. More sports for UAA? Soccer is the most logical. Followed by tennis. LaCrosse would be fantastic but no one east of Pittsburgh plays do they?
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                Football is not happening. I could see them adding other sports but not football. And d1 I'm 50-50 on
                I never said football? And D-1 90% it will be swim and soccer

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                  I'll gladly drop some company cash in that place, said they getting a pizza oven...get that Moose's Tooth vibe going on in there. More sports for UAA? Soccer is the most logical. Followed by tennis. LaCrosse would be fantastic but no one east of Pittsburgh plays do they?
                  Tennis?????
                  Mayor sneak (who grovels for higher office) behind that thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post

This doesn't have much to do with hockey, IMO. Reading the minutes from the 12/13/13 BOR meeting, they talked about the renovations to the Farg, titled "UAA Wells Fargo Near Term Renewal and Repurposing" . The cost of the overhaul is 10 million. Here is what was said about hockey:

To support the hockey program, the current ice sheet needs to be replaced due to failing and outdated mechanical equipment, and alterations in the hockey locker room will bring them up to UAA standards for athletic teams. Hockey is the only team to remain in the WFSC. The ice rink will continue to be used for practice, and is in need of major repairs. The infrastructure is failing and well past its life expectancy ... the replacement of the ice sheet is necessary to continue to house the hockey team until the time a new location is available. Additionally, hockey is the only team sport that does not have its own shower and toilet facilities. The proposed renovations will provide adequate locker room facilities for the hockey team.
                    One encouraging note is that under the section "Program Enhancements", it reads
                    This new (refrigeration) system will be designed for relocation to a future hockey venue.
                    Here is the link to the project change request for the AAC, and a drawing of what the proposed restaurant will look like:

http://www.alaska.edu/files/bor/Apr2...orts_Arena.pdf

I hope the overhaul of the Farg is done right. I don't like the statement "The proposed renovations will provide adequate locker room facilities for the hockey team". The ACC is more than adequate. Give the hockey team a locker room they can be proud of, like the one just finished at UA_.

Will the hockey team be using the training facilities in the new arena but still practicing in the Farg?
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Will the hockey team be using the training facilities in the new arena but still practicing in the Farg?
                      If we want top notch talent to commit to Seawolve Hockey we need the training facilities completely gutted, the area greatly enlarged, the antiquated equipment removed and new state of the art equipment installed.
                      The guy in charge of the Farg is outdated, out of touch and a detriment to our program. He says the cramped, outdated and inadequate training area is sufficient. That said he is still in charge and has a large say in renovations.
                      We need to get behind our Seawolfs' NOW and push to have a state of the art training facility installed in the Farg.
                      Everyone, that means you, should be contacting the Board of Regents, President Pat Gamble ua.president@alaska.edu, Chancellor Tom Case chancellor@uaa.alaska.edu and Athletic Director Keith Hackett khackett@uaa.alaska.edu letting them know our hockey program not only deserves but demands training facilities commensurate with their expectations of excellence on the ice.
                      It's a new day and a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        This doesn't have much to do with hockey, IMO. Reading the minutes from the 12/13/13 BOR meeting, they talked about the renovations to the Farg, titled "UAA Wells Fargo Near Term Renewal and Repurposing" . The cost of the overhaul is 10 million. Here is what was said about hockey:

One encouraging note is that under the section "Program Enhancements", it reads

Here is the link to the project change request for the AAC, and a drawing of what the proposed restaurant will look like:

http://www.alaska.edu/files/bor/Apr2...orts_Arena.pdf

I hope the overhaul of the Farg is done right. I don't like the statement "The proposed renovations will provide adequate locker room facilities for the hockey team". The ACC is more than adequate. Give the hockey team a locker room they can be proud of, like the one just finished at UA_.

Suze, that BOR agenda about the Farg is two months ago and has already passed. Has nothing to do with the announcement this week. The announcement is the new restaurant/pub being constructed at the AAC. I have many friends who can't wait to buy season tickets to the basketball games at the new AAC. That place is awesome! The seats have been installed and they are all green!!!! I just love it! WAY BETTER THAN THE WFSC for basketball. That gym is just a rec gym, should have never been a performance arena. Now, we need a new hockey arena that seats 7,500 in my opinion for success growth. Then on campus soccer/football stadium. It is a great day to be a SEAWOLF!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          If we want top notch talent to commit to Seawolve Hockey we need the training facilities completely gutted, the area greatly enlarged, the antiquated equipment removed and new state of the art equipment installed.
                          The guy in charge of the Farg is outdated, out of touch and a detriment to our program. He says the cramped, outdated and inadequate training area is sufficient. That said he is still in charge and has a large say in renovations.
                          We need to get behind our Seawolfs' NOW and push to have a state of the art training facility installed in the Farg.
                          Everyone, that means you, should be contacting the Board of Regents, President Pat Gamble ua.president@alaska.edu, Chancellor Tom Case chancellor@uaa.alaska.edu and Athletic Director Keith Hackett khackett@uaa.alaska.edu letting them know our hockey program not only deserves but demands training facilities commensurate with their expectations of excellence on the ice.
                          Keith Hackett should already know this and so should Chancellor. I think before we get any more arena's though, UAF will want a share of new athletic facilities. Just my opinion.

Comment

There is nothing "exciting" about a 10mil retrofit of WFSC or a 1.2mil restaurant being added to the basketball arena. Big whoop. There is nothing "exciting" about adding soccer and/or tennis or even D1 football.

The following headlines would be "exciting": UAA Gets New Hockey Arena or UAA's Proposed Arena Which Was Vetoed by TNCFW (the nasty **** from Wasilla) Is a Go!

Or even ... Doyle Woody Moves To North Dakota.

All those would be "exciting".

Just sayin ...

Comment

There is nothing "exciting" about a 10mil retrofit of WFSC or a 1.2mil restaurant being added to the basketball arena. Big whoop. There is nothing "exciting" about adding soccer and/or tennis or even D1 football.

The following headlines would be "exciting": UAA Gets New Hockey Arena or UAA's Proposed Arena Which Was Vetoed by TNCFW (the nasty **** from Wasilla) Is a Go!

Or even ... Doyle Woody Moves To North Dakota.

All those would be "exciting".

Just sayin ...
                              I can't argue about the new Hockey arena on campus...I really want a 7,500 seat facility, but I bet it will only be 3,000 seats. The basketball arena will be the main arena for athletics

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                                Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                                Keith Hackett should already know this and so should Chancellor. I think before we get any more arena's though, UAF will want a share of new athletic facilities. Just my opinion.
                                Wolfman, it's a done deal that we are staying in the Farg and that the Farg is going to be renovated.
                                Yes the Chancellor and AD are aware of the renovations and the need for updated and upgraded facilities.
                                The guy in charge of the Farg is telling them what we have is fine. No need for spending any money.
                                What I'm trying to get across is we, as a group, need to let them know this is NOT acceptable.
                                We as a group need to make our wishes known.
                                This will be a one time deal and we should not let the opportunity to have a first class facility slip by.
                                I'm asking everyone to contact the powers that be...BOR, President, Chancellor, AD..
                                Please don't be complacent and let some out of touch schmuck screw us out of this chance to upgrade Seawolf hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X