Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

huge misconception on here about pro hockey. Physical but in the right way, sticks down and a much more controlled disciplined style. He is prob better suited for the pro game vs college. Less chasing and everyone is in the right spot. The East is very physical and how many times do you see Torey Krug getting wacksd, and he is not as mobike as Ghost.
    He will be fine.

Big problem for him is the Org, the Flyers bury kids and quit on kids quicker than anyone. look at the recruit from Union they grabbed a couple years ago Shoved him to ECHL so fast makes your head spin.

He should come back one more year and tighten up. Either way he will be a very good pro
    Last edited by Hokydad; 03-30-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      "IMO, Union is a soft team that will get exposed by BC or UML"

So Friar Fan, (Zlax45) last year Union wiped the floor with your beloved BC and the year before beat one of the most physical teams I have ever seen play, the 2011 UML Squad. This Union team is bigger and tougher. Maybe you are so used to seeing "goon squads" play that you have forgotten what good hockey looks like. By the way, the ECAC has some of the biggest and toughest teams in College Hockey. Try scheduling Cornell some time. In terms of "exposing" didn't you loose to Connecticut and Air Force? So you were 1-2 against the AHA. Talk about "soft".

Its only out of respect for your coach and your fans that I will refrain myself further.

Dont forget Holy Cross.

BC is a very good one line team. Lots of pressure on them as the other lines almost resemble sucker fish hanging off of the shark.
      Union Is not soft, far from it. if they are, than unions other lines are jello.

Comment

hoky, he was talking about providence. not sure how he came to the conclusion that zlax loves bc though.

Comment

I have been on Ghost watch for two years and I think in the overall scheme of life it would be a shame if he skated away from his degree. However if Union wins the NC then I think the allure of going pro will be irresistible. He is a special talent no doubt, but I have no idea how that will translate on the next level. If he stayed and had another huge season I think he would be a free agent 30 days after he graduates. Aside from the real chance of injury, that could be a bold roll of the dice.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            hoky, he was talking about providence. not sure how he came to the conclusion that zlax loves bc though.
            my bad

all that really matters is this is great hockey. amazing how much it has developed over past decade. its great to watch a bc vs lowell gm. amazing how well D 1 kids are doing in pros. loaded rosters.

just look at mike donnely, all over jumbotron with most goals ever in a season, zero pro game. and that was in the 80's

major junior kids as a rule of thumb are sure getting bad advice

Comment

Ghost truly is a special talent. However, where he feels he will develop best for the NHL will be key to his decision making. Although he could have turned it up a couple of notches in the Bridgeport Regional, he did a great job of playing within himself. Sometimes when he presses, he can get into trouble with turnovers. Looking at both games, there was never any time in either game that I felt he needed to take charge because the game was in jeopardy......someone else stepped up. There are so many contributors on the Union team. Good luck in Philly!!
              Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

in fairness he was caught up ice several times, couple times on one shift alone early. Union rotates so well it isnt glaring. Bodie had a shuft yesterday in first where you would have sworn he was playing F.

very fun to watch. puck skills are exceptional

Comment

Congrats to Union. Since my team was eliminated yesterday I am pulling for you in the frozen four. I was impressed by your team two years ago when we played you in Tampa and am excited by the chance to see you win the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Meese View Post
                    Congrats to Union. Since my team was eliminated yesterday I am pulling for you in the frozen four. I was impressed by your team two years ago when we played you in Tampa and am excited by the chance to see you win the whole thing.
                    Thanks Ferris. Glad to have you cheering with us and glad we don't have to face you again
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Hear some great calls from DuBrey and Unger -

Hatch's 3rd period goal vs Providence: http://yourlisten.com/unionhockeyblo...-vs-providence

Closing seconds vs Providence: http://yourlisten.com/unionhockeyblo...-vs-providence

Comment

Great press for Gotisbehere during Bruins/Flyers game just now. People seem to be hard on Pierre and Doc but they do a great job promoting college hockey and I honestly have no problem with the job they do. Especially after listening to the buffoons ESPN dragged out this weekend.

Comment

"Dartmouth Coach Bob Gaudet spoke with Hearst Connecticut Media about the strengths of each team and who will emerge victorious this weekend and head to the Frozen Four (April 10, 12 in Philadelphia)."
                          http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article...on-5355547.php
                          NCAA hockey: Scouting the East Region

Dartmouth played all four teams in the NCAA East Region this season -- Union, Quinnipiac, Providence and Vermont. Coach Bob Gaudet spoke with Hearst Connecticut Media about the strengths of each team and who will emerge victorious this weekend and head to the Frozen Four (April 10, 12 in Philadelphia).

Who wins: "I think Union does. It's a bit of a front-running opinion, but they're the number one team in the country right now and they've been consistent throughout the season. They've done their job night in and night out and they've created that gap. They've won the league (ECAC) and they won the (league) tournament. It's a very, very tough league. It's the third year in a row (they've done that). They've been knocking on the door and it's not going to be an easy process to get out of that regional. But pressed, I would pick them."
                          Last edited by Dutchman; 03-30-2014, 01:40 PM.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Good weekend at Regional. I thought both of Union's opponents were quality. Fans from all four schools came in numbers which was nice to see. What strikes me about Union is how deep the team is and how many ways they can beat you.

Comment

I'd wish you good luck, but I'm not sure you need it.
                              I just hope that Leaman can repeat what he did with you people at PC.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                              -Blackadder
                              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                              -Casablanca
                              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

BC vs UNION

How sweet it is. Settle this thing once and for all.
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 03-30-2014, 06:39 PM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X