Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    I know that he is on the NCAA selection committee ..... hopefully he can watch out for the best interests of the ECAC and prevent the conference from getting screwed which is usually the case.
    And hopefully, he's got some integrity. Sending Union somewhere else just because they're Union reeks of sour grapes and immorality (not to mention, it makes little sense). Besides, it's not like he has full control, right?

As for Cornell, I agree with Kepler - if Cornell grabs a lead, they can be very difficult to come back against. I also think Union's speed will be an advantage on the big ice. First goal will be the key, as it usually is.

I think the ECAC should be happy with these matchups - we know Cornell will bring a ton of people and Colgate will bring a good crowd. We don't know what Union or Quinnipiac will bring to Lake Placid, but if it's anything that was exhibited in Albany (2010), Bridgeport (2011-2012), or Providence (2013), I think there will be a VERY good showing of fans.
    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Does anyone know what time the games start in Bridgeport? Trying to figure out whether to take a half day or full day off from work.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
        And hopefully, he's got some integrity. Sending Union somewhere else just because they're Union reeks of sour grapes and immorality (not to mention, it makes little sense). Besides, it's not like he has full control, right?

As for Cornell, I agree with Kepler - if Cornell grabs a lead, they can be very difficult to come back against. I also think Union's speed will be an advantage on the big ice. First goal will be the key, as it usually is.

I think the ECAC should be happy with these matchups - we know Cornell will bring a ton of people and Colgate will bring a good crowd. We don't know what Union or Quinnipiac will bring to Lake Placid, but if it's anything that was exhibited in Albany (2010), Bridgeport (2011-2012), or Providence (2013), I think there will be a VERY good showing of fans.

I can assure you that he has integrity. If Union isnt in Bridgeport, it wont be because of the Col.

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
          I can assure you that he has integrity. If Union isnt in Bridgeport, it wont be because of the Col.
          And good luck to you all in LP. Just play Union hockey and you will be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
            Does anyone know what time the games start in Bridgeport? Trying to figure out whether to take a half day or full day off from work.
            Top seed gets the early game.

Comment

From what I"ve gathered, Lake Placid is already turning into something of a boondoggle from a logistics perspective. Hotels are essentially sold out, and the few remaining are $300 plus a night. I understand that parents of players are having difficulties finding convenient and affordable alternatives. Apparently the ECAC did nothing to reserve facilities which I guess is not surprising especially given the relatively tight number of rooms available in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                From what I"ve gathered, Lake Placid is already turning into something of a boondoggle from a logistics perspective. Hotels are essentially sold out, and the few remaining are $300 plus a night. I understand that parents of players are having difficulties finding convenient and affordable alternatives. Apparently the ECAC did nothing to reserve facilities which I guess is not surprising especially given the relatively tight number of rooms available in the area.
                OK - 50% of the Marriott was taken up with the ECAC staff workers. They literally took 1/2 of the Marriott Hotel.

Over the weekend a few rooms opened up at the Marriott as of five minutes ago ....
                5920 Cascade Road
                Lake Placid, NY 12946, USA
                1 518-523-2900

Hope this helps. Also, should check out the Golden Arrow Lake & Resort (518) 523-3353 They were going fast yesterday.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

If you have a lot of people in your party, you may want to consider renting a house for the weekend. I am not going to make the trip, but that's what I was going to do when I was still thinking about it.

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...ns/lake-placid

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                    .... we know Cornell will bring a ton of people and Colgate will bring a good crowd. We don't know what Union or Quinnipiac will bring to Lake Placid, but if it's anything that was exhibited in Albany (2010), Bridgeport (2011-2012), or Providence (2013), I think there will be a VERY good showing of fans.
                    The problem we have is that this is exam week and it ends on Friday. We are the closest, its just 2 1/2 hrs by bus from our campus. I think a lot of students will head home after exams leaving it up to us crusty old-timers to make like the home crowd.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Top seed gets the early game.
                      Right, but what time is the early game? I seem to remember it being at 2:00 a couple of years ago, but I can't remember.

Comment

The problem we have is that this is exam week and it ends on Friday. We are the closest, its just 2 1/2 hrs by bus from our campus. I think a lot of students will head home after exams leaving it up to us crusty old-timers to make like the home crowd.
                        I'm afraid this is correct. I think more students are planning to be in Cancun than Lake Placid.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                          Right, but what time is the early game? I seem to remember it being at 2:00 a couple of years ago, but I can't remember.
                          Friday games are 2:00 and 5:30. http://www.websterbankarena.com/View...CLID=205727263
                          Last edited by Wholin1; 03-17-2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I know that he is on the NCAA selection committee ..... hopefully he can watch out for the best interests of the ECAC and prevent the conference from getting screwed which is usually the case.

I wouldn't worry about any intergrity issues. What I would worry about is Quinnipiac becoming a number 1 seed. There are several scenariors where they can be tied with Union at 3. Haven't run any for Umass Lowell yet but assuming same goes for them. Quinnipiac would be interesting with their proximity to Bridgeport. Take care of business in Placid and Bridgeport "should" be a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              I wouldn't worry about any intergrity issues. What I would worry about is Quinnipiac becoming a number 1 seed. There are several scenariors where they can be tied with Union at 3. Haven't run any for Umass Lowell yet but assuming same goes for them. Quinnipiac would be interesting with their proximity to Bridgeport. Take care of business in Placid and Bridgeport "should" be a lock.
                              I agree about "integrity" issue. I will take your word for it on the seeding issue, it totally befuddles me. I know the team and those around it could care less about it at this point, business trip this weekend needs to be the first priority.

Comment

Its Bridgeport for certain ... make your plans
                                Even if we (hopefully) run the table ... we cannot overtake BC in the PW or RPI. Likewise, regardles of what happens, Ferris State cannot catch us. Its Bridgeport. Make your plans accordingly.
                                Speaking of integrity, since you're locked in anyway, any chance you guys want to just take Friday and Saturday off to get a little more rest for the big dance? I'm sure we can arrange a nice little honorarium from the student fund...
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X