Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
    I cannot believe that RPI "choked" again. I just cannot believe it !!!! Their season is over. Picked to win it all .... the only ECAC home team not to move on. Did we have a lot of fans there? Probably cheering for Dartmouth. Congrats for the Big Green !!!!
    thank God some things never change

Comment

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

another choke led by eddie "the empty suit" haskell

no one likes losing to a lower seed more than eddie. a tradition that rpi takes very seriously

talk about a team screaming out to fire their coach

Comment

• Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
        For one of the many Union fans claiming RPI fans are obsessed with Union, you sure were quick on the reply button here, to do nothing but talk about RPI. Congrats!
        I get your point, but you know, as a hockey fan in general I think you would have to concede that there really is a story there though the histrionics don't help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
          Well Dartmouth it is. Just back from Troy and witnessing another stunner by RPI. I really don't know what to make of Dartmouth at this point, a team that won 10 games this season, two of them in the past 24 hours or so. I will say that Grant did not look that sharp in goal and their PP was poor, but credit to a Dartmouth team that could have quit twice with two goal deficits, but didn't. As for RPI, I'll steer around that train wreck. Dartmouth will come in on a huge emotional high but this series and the travel has to be draining. Let's see how the week unfolds, but if we approach the form we displayed the last month of the season, it should be on to Lake Placid. I can make that assumption, the boys had best assume nothing.
          Even I won't assume anything. Dartmouth has played well in the past month, but so has Union. I think Rick Bennett and the boys know to never assume these games will be easy.
          Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Dartmouth will be a battle, but I think we have the edge here. It's also kind of ironic they came to our place last year for the quarter finals.
            Union College Hockey
            2014 NCAA National Champions
            2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Dartmouth has good size & is going to be very physical, will be up to Union to press the pace and use their speed. If Dartmouth gets good goaltending and the refs "let them play", could be a very tough series. Hopefully the boys will be ready and not overconfident. Schott has already mentioned that the last time a lower seed beat the team across the river and then played Union, was Colgate 3 years ago.. a memory I would surely like to forget. Really need 2 wins to keep PWR #1 seed.

As for the team from Troy, all I'll say is I'm glad that the PTSD moment when U plays them again will be next season.
              UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Third-Period Comeback Helps Dartmouth Upset RPI and Move On
                http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=11600

Schierhorn’s heroics were made possible by the outstanding play of first-liners Eric Neiley, Brandon McNally and Grant Opperman early on in the third. With RPI content to dump the puck deep and hang back, the trio was able to move up the ice and attack goaltender Scott Diebold head on.

“This team has something special to it. There is no quit in any of the guys in this locker room,” head coach Bob Gaudet said on his 55th birthday. “They wanted to go out and empty the tank in the third period.

“We came out ready to play that period and the goals seemed to correlate with that effort. From our goalie on out, we really wanted this one and I think it gave us a lot of confidence moving forward,” Gaudet added.

The Big Green earned the right to play Union in the next round as the only lower seed to win a first-round series. Dartmouth is now 6-3 all-time in Game 3’s.

Standing in the way of that Whitelaw Cup is a big, tough, lean, and hungry Dartmouth hockey team. They are playing like a top 4 seed. They are not impressed with our success. They are not impressed with our team. They are not impressed with our school. They are not impressed with our players. They are not impressed with our coaching staff. They are not impressed with our fans. They are not impressed with our standings. We have to get extremely focussed on each period, one period at a time, starting Friday at 7:00pm. Last year Dartmouth was rumored to have made hotel reservations in Atlantic City in anticipation of "brushing us aside" in the QF. They are certainly entitled to do that again.

We will be focussed on stopping their first line, in period 1, on Friday. One period at a time.
                Last edited by Dutchman; 03-10-2014, 06:23 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                  Even I won't assume anything. Dartmouth has played well in the past month, but so has Union. I think Rick Bennett and the boys know to never assume these games will be easy.
                  I think you guys will be fine this weekend. Can probably thank us for that.
                  Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    Last year Dartmouth was rumored to have made hotel reservations in Atlantic City in anticipation of "brushing us aside" in the QF. They are certainly entitled to do that again.
                    That's going to be a long bus ride to Lake Placid from AC.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                      They are not impressed with our success. They are not impressed with our team. They are not impressed with our school. They are not impressed with our players. They are not impressed with our coaching staff. They are not impressed with our fans. They are not impressed with our standings.
                      They should be.

LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
                        Dartmouth has good size & is going to be very physical, will be up to Union to press the pace and use their speed. If Dartmouth gets good goaltending and the refs "let them play", could be a very tough series. Hopefully the boys will be ready and not overconfident. Schott has already mentioned that the last time a lower seed beat the team across the river and then played Union, was Colgate 3 years ago.. a memory I would surely like to forget. Really need 2 wins to keep PWR #1 seed.

As for the team from Troy, all I'll say is I'm glad that the PTSD moment when U plays them again will be next season.
                        Not forgeting about the Colgate series from 3 years ago and no opponent in the ECAC should ever be overlooked but I think this is a great matchup for Union. For their size, Dartmouth does not play that physical and seems pretty slow up front minus one line. They were dead in the water last night until RPI decided to play on their heels from the start of the third period. Union will not play that type of hockey with a lead.

Comment

Pay up jacka**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"
                          Originally Posted by Hokydad
                          I will bet you anything you want that they will finish ahead of RPI more than behind them over the next 5 seasons.

AspyDad

(Quote)
                          I'll take that bet big mouth. Koudys is an early to mid round NHL pick... Neal, Laliberte, Haggerty, etc. are studs. Two stud recruit goalies (Diebold, Kasdorf). I don't know what your beef with Coach and our program is but try to be objective.

Comment

Re: Union Hockey 2011 Off Season Thread-"Union, We've Paid Our Dues"
                            [QUOTE=AspyDad;5131487]Are you trying to tell me that Bodie will be better than Koudys? Really. The kid suited up at 17 years old. Rated in the top 100 skaters in North America. Tell UND that draft picks don't make good players.

Hokydad
                            (Quote)
                            yes he will be...

Comment

AspyDad(Quote)
                              Hokydad, you must not have looked at the whole ECAC website because you missed the part where Pat Koudys is ranked 76th. No need for you to continue in your ignorance. Please see link.
                              http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...utingFinalRank

I didn't see Bodie's name. Nice player, tons of respect for him but he is not Patty's quality of player. I believe that you will see Pat at the combine.

Hokydad(Quote)

Laughable to think that you think the RPI kid is close to the Union player, as we speak or for next season
                              Last edited by Hokydad; 03-10-2014, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Battle of the "dads" smackdown continues unabated. Actually, the entire Koudys story was an odd one. Maybe he knew what he was doing when he left RPI? Not sure why we're discussing it here, but he is a pretty good player IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X