Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
    Isn't that adorable? Thanks for letting me know to never listen to the Dartmouth audio feed ever, due to a lack of professionalism. We actually have a whole plethora of cheers besides "you suck", so they clearly weren't listening carefully. Why is every post of yours centered around RPI in some fashion?
    Check the last sentence of this recap of the Yale game at RPI last month, even the Yale Publicity guy thinks the " suck" chant is overdone. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20140207zvud49
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

Here's more on JC Brassard's recent commitment to Union for 2015-2016:

http://bit.ly/1n9Gn6L
      Last edited by rdf8585; 03-09-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        Check the last sentence of this recap of the Yale game at RPI last month, even the Yale Publicity guy thinks the " suck" chant is overdone. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20140207zvud49
        Thanks LTsatch: I was looking for that

"BULLDOG BITES: Tommy Fallen's two-goal night gives him 17 career tallies, which is fifth on the Yale career list for blueliners... The only change from last Saturday's lineup was Mike Doherty in for Dan O'Keefe at forward… Saturday's game at Union can be seen on Time Warner Cable in New York and through the Union website (click link on Yale schedule)… The fans at Houston Field House tonight may have established a new collegiate record for saying the word "suck" in a variety of chants.

Filed by Steve Conn, Yale Sports Publicity Director"
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          Oh, I definitely don't disagree that it's overdone, but we do have a lot of other cheers that we use. My theory is that we are too busy watching the game in front of us to care about how cute our jeers are :P

I've also been to games at other rinks in the ECAC... and most fanbases say nothing and have essentially zero energy, from my own personal experience.
          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
            Here's more on JC Brassard's recent commitment to Union for 2015-2016:

http://bit.ly/1n9Gn6L
            Wow, comparing himself to Ghost, maybe his name should be "Brashard", I love this kid already. I'm wondering if he has been told that might be brought in early if Ghost defects after this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
              Oh, I definitely don't disagree that it's overdone, but we do have a lot of other cheers that we use. My theory is that we are too busy watching the game in front of us to care about how cute our jeers are :P

I've also been to games at other rinks in the ECAC... and most fanbases say nothing and have essentially zero energy, from my own personal experience.
              The cheers are meant to annoy so I try my best not go let it get under my skin, and if you go to many major league sporting events it's tame and civil by comparison to the potty mouths there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                The cheers are meant to annoy so I try my best not go let it get under my skin, and if you go to many major league sporting events it's tame and civil by comparison to the potty mouths there.
                Nothing is worse than the Quinnipiac yellow thundersticks.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  Nothing is worse than the Quinnipiac yellow thundersticks.
                  I will take your word for it! Fans really should make noise the old fashioned way, but maybe I'm just a dinosaur.

Comment

I will take your word for it! Fans really should make noise the old fashioned way, but maybe I'm just a dinosaur.
                    http://talktotheglove.tumblr.com/pos...y-thunderstick
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Wow, comparing himself to Ghost, maybe his name should be "Brashard", I love this kid already. I'm wondering if he has been told that might be brought in early if Ghost defects after this season?
                      I'm sure those bridges will be crossed if/when they have to be, but I didn't get that sense. For what it's worth, Union already has two defensemen expected in next season, Connor Light and Nick DeSimone. Only one defenseman, Mat Bodie, is graduating. Maybe that doesn't mean anything, though.

I wouldn't say Brassard was comparing himself to Gostisbehere, but rather he'll be expected to be an offensive defenseman like Gostisbehere is. That bit was in response to what kind of role Union sees him in.

Brassard is a very good get for the program. Everything points to him being the real deal, and Day's comments about the defensive side of Brassard's game are encouraging.

The tentative 2015 recruiting class looks very good, boosted further by the recent additions of Brassard and Nanaimo Clippers forward Brendan Taylor.

Comment

another choke led by eddie "the empty suit" haskell

no one likes losing to a lower seed more than eddie. a tradition that rpi takes very seriously

talk about a team screaming out to fire their coach

Comment

forgot got to mention, get the paper eddie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            another choke led by eddie "the empty suit" haskell

no one likes losing to a lower seed more than eddie. a tradition that rpi takes very seriously

talk about a team screaming out to fire their coach
                            For one of the many Union fans claiming RPI fans are obsessed with Union, you sure were quick on the reply button here, to do nothing but talk about RPI. Congrats!
                            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

I cannot believe that RPI "choked" again. I just cannot believe it !!!! Their season is over. Picked to win it all .... the only ECAC home team not to move on. Did we have a lot of fans there? Probably cheering for Dartmouth. Congrats for the Big Green !!!!
                              Last edited by Dutchman; 03-09-2014, 08:33 PM.
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Well Dartmouth it is. Just back from Troy and witnessing another stunner by RPI. I really don't know what to make of Dartmouth at this point, a team that won 10 games this season, two of them in the past 24 hours or so. I will say that Grant did not look that sharp in goal and their PP was poor, but credit to a Dartmouth team that could have quit twice with two goal deficits, but didn't. As for RPI, I'll steer around that train wreck. Dartmouth will come in on a huge emotional high but this series and the travel has to be draining. Let's see how the week unfolds, but if we approach the form we displayed the last month of the season, it should be on to Lake Placid. I can make that assumption, the boys had best assume nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X