Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

bennett will keep them on track

bigger game to hunt. let rpi celebrate the weekend

pretty safe to say which team rallied around their coach and who didnt

Comment

Great senior ceremony, a little sad to know Carr, Bodie, Hatch, Sullivan, and Ikkala won't be here next year. We will definitely miss those 5 guys. As far as this weekend's games, when did we become this juggernaut offense?! Our defense was also very good. I am very proud of this team.
      Union College Hockey
      2014 NCAA National Champions
      2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...e-gostisbehere

Union clinches ECAC regular season and some other tidbits on the recent run of success
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Congrats on the Cleary Cup and top seed, see you guys on Friday.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Congratulations on the Cleary Cup clinch, and if RPI doesn't win the playoffs/Whitelaw Cup, may Colgate do it instead of Union
            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              Congrats on the Cleary Cup and top seed, see you guys on Friday.
              Going to Pepe's before Yale game. I will sit between my 2 kids one at Union and one who attends Yale and I will try to be neutral. It won't work.

Comment

So very proud of this team, not much more to say, but much more to do. Also very gratifying to see how many fans stayed after the game to pay tribute to these exceptional seniors.

Comment

I feel lucky to be a fan of Union College Hockey. This team has been incredible the past four seasons:

2011 - Cleary Cup, NCAA Tourney Appearance
                  2012 - Cleary Cup, Whitelaw Cup, Frozen Four Appearance
                  2013 - Whitelaw Cup, NCAA Tourney Appearance (Elite 8)
                  2014 - Cleary Cup, NCAA Tourney Appearance...and hopefully more

I'm going to try to make the trip to Yale/Brown this weekend so I can catch the final regular season games before the ECAC Playoff and National Tourney.
                  LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                    I feel lucky to be a fan of Union College Hockey. This team has been incredible the past four seasons:

2011 - Cleary Cup, NCAA Tourney Appearance
                    2012 - Cleary Cup, Whitelaw Cup, Frozen Four Appearance
                    2013 - Whitelaw Cup, NCAA Tourney Appearance (Elite 8)
                    2014 - Cleary Cup, NCAA Tourney Appearance...and hopefully more

I'm going to try to make the trip to Yale/Brown this weekend so I can catch the final regular season games before the ECAC Playoff and National Tourney.
                    Twenty-two years ago I would have never dreamed this could be possible. I also feel lucky. It has been an adventure to see how Union has developed over the years into one of the elite teams of the nation. Kudos to the coaches and the players.
                    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

We need to continue winning.

Minnesota and BC are entrenched at the top. They could probably lose a bunch and still be #1 or #2 in the pairwise. #3 - #11 in the pairwise are much more sensitive to changes in the RPI. In other words its going to be easy for us to move down but hard (almost impossible) to move up.

Ferris State has 2 @ Alaska F and 2 @ Lake Superior. These are middle league teams ranked pw 30, 26 and will be easy pickings. Look for Ferris to sweep the next 4. No more gifts for us - loss to Benji State.
                      St. Cloud has 2 @ N. Dakota (Fighting Suix) and 2 @ Colorado College. St. Cloud will have their hands full with the Fighting Suix.
                      lots of others willing to move up

Yale is the defending National Champ, a class act, and they play very well at home and have only lost 2 at home since January 1.
                      Brown plays extremely well at home, only lost 2 at home since January 1. They ALWAYS play us tough and I watched parts of their game against BC. WOOOW !!!!.

We have to approach these two games like they are the beginning of the NCAA Tournament. These two games could determine our final seeds.

The Good News: As of right now we are 6-0-1 in February.
                      In February we scored 4.57 goals/game !!!!! For the entire year we are now ranked, as of today, second in the country behind BC in Offense. St. Clair is right behind us. http://www.collegehockeynews.com/stats/ QU is #5.
                      In February we gave up 2.268 goals/game. For the full year, we are now ranked, as of today, 8th in the country. QU is #2.

We are a great road team this year. 11-2-3.

Lets go Dutchmen ... lets finish this thing !!!!
                      Last edited by Dutchman; 02-23-2014, 03:19 PM.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Congratulations to Union. They are now fifth all-time in ECAC RS titles.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Pretty amazing when I think back a few years ago and could never have imagined even one RS or other title for that matter. I was hoping that one day we might just make it to the ECAC final four.

I got to the TUC this afternoon and saw Utica play Albany. Jeremy Welsh and Kelly Zajac played for their respective teams. RB and some Union fans were there along with about 4 from the current team. Keith Kinkaid though recovered from injury, had the afternoon off after playing both Friday and Saturday. It was great to see and catch up briefly with the three of them. They looked and sounded fine and seem to be thriving as pros. Jeremy by the way had a nice goal in the 2-1 loss to Albany.
                          Last edited by Wholin1; 02-23-2014, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nottme View Post
                            Going to Pepe's before Yale game. I will sit between my 2 kids one at Union and one who attends Yale and I will try to be neutral. It won't work.
                            Get in line early at Pepe's especially on a Friday. Modern Apizza on State St. is a good alternative if Pepe's is too packed. We have also been pre-gaming at Maddens Gastropub at East St and Humphrey St. Good food and nice beers.
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Get in line early at Pepe's especially on a Friday. Modern Apizza on State St. is a good alternative if Pepe's is too packed. We have also been pre-gaming at Maddens Gastropub at East St and Humphrey St. Good food and nice beers.
                              Thanks, Modern's a great place and yes we will hit Pepe's early (we've stood in that line before).

Comment

The Dutchmen pick up a solid recruit for 2015 out of the BCHL. 23 goals and 32 assists in 55 games as an 18 yr old. Will play his 19 yr old season again in the BCHL.

Brendan Taylor ‏@btay19 1h
                                Very excited to announce that I have committed to Union College for 2015, couldn't have done it without my friends and family #Dutchmen
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/