Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    After watching the Beanpot final last night, **** BC looks really good. And Clay Witt is going to cause some teams some trouble in the playoffs.
    **** shame we're going to have to win.

edit: for those who prefer to fly beneath the radar, IMO, despite how well we've done I feel like we've slipped under the radar somehow. I mean, how many of us don't think our own team is dangerous? Despite being 6th or 7th in the nation.
    Last edited by Patman; 02-11-2014, 08:25 PM.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Upset in Providence tonight.

Jeff Cox‏@JeffCoxSBNation· UPSET ALERT: UConn knocks off Providence 3-2 here at Schneider Arena. Senior goaltender Matt Grogan turns aside 57 of 59 shots for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        I didn't know they had parted with McNulty. I covered volleyball when I wrote for the school paper, I liked her a lot. I hope this was a mutual decision and not a force out.
        I didn't know they'd let her go as well. But to be fair, 339-290 isn't all that good a record for a school that is trying to be better in everything.
        Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        59 shots. Wow.

Looking forward to Friday night. It's Krista's 40th birthday (yep, she's a Valentines' baby), and it's a chance to continue the good play for Lowell. Also a win keeps Coach Bazin perfect against the bad UMass, he's currently 8-0.
        Last edited by UMLFan; 02-12-2014, 08:00 AM.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I didn't know they'd let her go as well. But to be fair, 339-290 isn't all that good a record for a school that is trying to be better in everything.
          59 shots. Wow.

Looking forward to Friday night. It's Krista's 40th birthday (yep, she's a Valentines' baby), and it's a chance to continue the good play for Lowell. Also a win keeps Coach Bazin perfect against the bad UMass, he's currently 8-0.
          Yeah, I mean I get why they changed coaches. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

A hockey game is the perfect combo Vday/Bday present
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            That's not an upset right now.
            The win against UML was the upset. This season is pretty much over...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              That's not an upset right now.
              The win against UML was the upset. This season is pretty much over...
              I believe in Ross Mauermann. Easily my favorite non-Lowell player. Wish he'd stop killing Lowell
              Lowell Forever
              Forever Lowell

Comment

I believe in Ross Mauermann. Easily my favorite non-Lowell player. Wish he'd stop killing Lowell
                I think Mauermann is the only player we have who can score a goal. PC is much moreeffective when Army, Acciari, Jankowski, Saracino, et al are chipping in. Right now, they aren't.

Don't get me started on the "It's all Gillies' fault!" people. He can't score goals.

sorry, back to the talk about how UML is going to repeat. I hope. (viva l'Alliance!)
                Last edited by Jon; 02-12-2014, 02:32 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  Don't get me started on the "It's all Gillies' fault!" people. He can't score goals.
                  That being said, stopping more than 89 percent of the shots he faces over the last month and a half would probably go a long way too.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Article from the The Massachusetts Daily Collegian.
                    http://dailycollegian.com/2014/02/13...-game-drought/

Comment

Wow, the number of spam posts on the USCHO boards is getting ridiculous.
                      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That being said, stopping more than 89 percent of the shots he faces over the last month and a half would probably go a long way too.
                        No argument there.

Wow, the number of spam posts on the USCHO boards is getting ridiculous.
                        Yes. Yes it is. And don't call out Board on it. Even in jest. They've deleted a few threads on the topic.

-Blackadder
                        -Casablanca
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

The weekend preview including Bob's interview with Norm is up on the UML site.
                          http://www.goriverhawks.com/news/201...x?path=mhockey

Also - Listen to Coach Bazin every Thursday night at 5:30pm on ESPN NH Radio (900AM).

Comment

Is the game Friday night on TV? I thought it was, but the Verizon guide is giving me no inclination that it will be televised.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                              Is the game Friday night on TV? I thought it was, but the Verizon guide is giving me no inclination that it will be televised.
                              Yes, its on WBIN tomorrow night at 7:30
                              http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/colle...00000?aid=wbin

The Verizon guide may not be up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                                I have Comcast and it's showing on my program guide for WBIN (7:30 pm start).

Comment

Working...
                                X