Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    Made the trip to Agganis tonight. BU played WAY better than they did in Lowell. Great to see McGrath and Suter back in the line up.
    Suter played half a dozen shifts at most, and he was only out there for 1 shift in the 3rd period. Thompson was listed as a forward on the line chart, but started the game taking a regular shift on defense and did that the entire game. It'll be interesting to see how much ice time he gets tomorrow on the big ice out in Amherst.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Made the trip to Agganis tonight. BU played WAY better than they did in Lowell. Great to see McGrath and Suter back in the line up.
      Did you see Suter after warm-ups? I'm pretty Thompson was playing Defense all night, and we were again down a forward.
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        You forgot to include Maine's result. Here's the corrected chart:

Lowell: 14 games played-18 points.
        NU: 15-17
        Maine 13-16
        UNH: 15-16
        PC: 14-15

BC mathematically clinched a 1st round bye tonight. They can finish no lower than 3rd. Maine and Lowell are the only teams that can still catch them.
        time to forget about BC (save the games against them) and work on home ice... sucks not to repeat, but like any year, squeeze out what you can. We've been very fortunate, not trying to downtalk, but I think there's enough pressure here to get the first round bye and to get home ice (those are separate... 5th place with a trip to Orono, as an example).

Going to be frantic down to the end. Hopefully the team can get healed up and they'll appreciate the work to be done. Last year won't repeat itself, new adventure, should be an interesting homestretch.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Injuries or not, Lowell needs to do itself a huge favor and win tomorrow. Being up 3 points on NU (with them holding the tie breaker) is going to be critical. The best we can realistically hope for from the BC series is a split, and if they're still running 11 forwards and a patch-work defense then even that would be a miracle.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Need to take the Alumni Cup tonight and collect a trophy for the year, going to pull out the ULowell sweatshirt for this trip.
            On the bye week issue I think the other thing to keep in mind is that everyone else in the hunt has finished with BC, not to mention the series losses to NU and Maine.
            So..... the next two are huge and I hope to see the return of the hungry freshman of January tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesky McGrath View Post
              Need to take the Alumni Cup tonight and collect a trophy for the year, going to pull out the ULowell sweatshirt for this trip.
              On the bye week issue I think the other thing to keep in mind is that everyone else in the hunt has finished with BC, not to mention the series losses to NU and Maine.
              So..... the next two are huge and I hope to see the return of the hungry freshman of January tonight.
              Pesky, we already won.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Last night BU played much better than they did in the first game but I thought Lowell was pretty sloppy for much of the night. A lot of missed passes, turnovers and giving up odd man rushes. BU's first goal was off a 2 on 1 which was the third one of the first period. The Hawks had their chances but pucks just seemed to be out of reach or just behind a player for much of the night. One of those games where thing were just off a bit.

I give BU credit, they put pressure on Lowell's defense and seemed to get stronger as the game went on.

Huge two points tonight. The Hawks need to ramp up the intensity.

Comment

What site has the best box scores for HEA/College games? USCHO doesn't do penalties. Hockey East Online does penalties but doesn't list their time, only which period they were in.

Does anyone do a chronological box score anymore?
                  Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                  Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                  "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                  KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Boxscore for last night's game from the HE site. Penalties are listed with times.
                    http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mbu_uml1.f07

The CHN site also has all the boxscores with penalties and times in their scoreboard section.
                    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...=0&sd=20140207

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Boxscore for last night's game from the HE site. Penalties are listed with times.
                      http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...p?mbu_uml1.f07

The CHN site also has all the boxscores with penalties and times in their scoreboard section.
                      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...=0&sd=20140207
                      Ok, I must be blind because I'm definitely not seeing the time the penalty was assessed. The duration of penalties, yes and it does seem to have the penalties interspersed with the goals which I mentioned was missing but it not.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Bob telling us to turn down the TV and turn up the radio. By the time he started doing the call they had been playing for a while. So irritating. Why is the radio always lagging??!! Lil watches the TV says oh we scored and 20 seconds later Bob is yelling SCORE!!

This time minutes delayed. We have already watched the replay and gone a minute past

LIl just asked if we score and he goes to pick up dinner if he will make it back before Bob makes the call that we scored.
                        Last edited by leswp1; 02-08-2014, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Fozzie Bear in net for Amherst now. Actually has made a few decent saves, a little momentum shift now so UML needs to maintain their intensity.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Interesting night in HE.

- Notre Dame scores twice in the final 1:08 to defeat Maine 3-2. Tough loss for the Black Bears as Notre Dame's Bryan Rust tied the game with the goalie pulled and then got the game winner 24 seconds later.

- Vermont defeated UNH 2-1 at Durham completing the weekend sweep. Vermont is currently 13th in the Pairwise Rankings. That trip to Burlington for the final two games is going to be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              Ok, I must be blind because I'm definitely not seeing the time the penalty was assessed. The duration of penalties, yes and it does seem to have the penalties interspersed with the goals which I mentioned was missing but it not.
                              The time of the penalties (and the goals) is at the far right hand-side.
                              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Just did a little standings crunching and I like Lowell's chances for 2cnd. If UML goes 3-2 to finish the season then:
                                NU would have to go 4-0-1 to knock us out.
                                ME would have to go 5-1 to knock us out.
                                PC would have to go 5-0-1 to tie us.
                                VT would have to go 6-0 to knock us out.
                                NH could not catch us.

Even finishing 2-3, we'd still be looking good for a home playoff series. 3/4 of these would have to happen to knock us down to 5th:
                                NU finishing 3-1-1.
                                ME finishing 4-2.
                                PC finishing 4-1-1
                                VT finishing 5-1.

Pretty long odds considering ME has two against both NU and PC and VT has two against both BC and UML.

Comment

Working...
                                X