Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
    On all this Folin buzz, does "signed' mean drafted and continues to play college or does signed mean gone? Obviously I'm just a dumb fan but Folin doesn't seem to me to be ready for NHL or AHL hockey. I don't think he's anywhere near as good now as Chad Ruhwedel was for UML last year and Chad has spent most of the year in Rochester.
    As a recent pundit on Twitter said, "Folin is a 6-foot-4, 230-pound ultra-mobile defenseman who is great in his own zone and, obviously, has a heavy, heavy shot." Folin is more than ready for AHL play, and won't be there for long once he goes pro. Folin is better suited to the pro game than Ruhwedel was.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

So ... who will be at the Hahhhp?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Anyone setting up a local viewing party. Working Fri (they complain about attendance and have a game when it is impossible for most working people to get to it!- GRRRRR) By the time I could get there I would see the handshake at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Anyone setting up a local viewing party. Working Fri (they complain about attendance and have a game when it is impossible for most working people to get to it!- GRRRRR) By the time I could get there I would see the handshake at the end.
          You sound like you're coming down with a cold. Best to take Friday off and rest.

Comment

Has anyone picked up their tickets for this weekend yet? I received an email confirmation that my ticket request was received but I don't recall seeing anything about when tickets would be available for pick up.

Comment

Through a screwup in communications, I have an extra ticket for Friday night. Anyone need one?
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Yeah - the 5pm Friday game is tough for a lot of us. I can't make it because my youngest is playing in a soccer tournament Friday night at 6pm. I will be hitting "refresh" a lot on my phone trying to follow the score.

Did they ever have the HE semis and finals on a Saturday/Sunday schedule? Is it believed that attendance would be better on Friday/Saturday instead of Saturday/Sunday?
                University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

For anyone (in New England) planning to DVR Saturday's championship game, NESN has decided to make your life difficult:

Hockey East ‏@hockey_east

Saturday night's Championship will start on @NESN at 7pm, then the game will switch to NESNplus at 8:30pm when @NHLBruins coverage begins.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                    As a recent pundit on Twitter said, "Folin is a 6-foot-4, 230-pound ultra-mobile defenseman who is great in his own zone and, obviously, has a heavy, heavy shot." Folin is more than ready for AHL play, and won't be there for long once he goes pro. Folin is better suited to the pro game than Ruhwedel was.
                    Better suited because of his size? OK I'll go along with that. It's the ultra-mobile part I disagree with. I spend half the game screaming 'SKATE!' at the guy and he rarely listens. When he does I'll agree it's impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      Has anyone picked up their tickets for this weekend yet? I received an email confirmation that my ticket request was received but I don't recall seeing anything about when tickets would be available for pick up.
                      I emailed Alex Renfrew about the tickets and his response was: "I will send out an email little later this afternoon, we will be putting tickets into envelopes, I anticipate tickets being available for pick up tomorrow at Tsongas and Friday in Boston. I will have more details in my email though."

Comment

Originally posted by ULowell'81 View Post
                        I emailed Alex Renfrew about the tickets and his response was: "I will send out an email little later this afternoon, we will be putting tickets into envelopes, I anticipate tickets being available for pick up tomorrow at Tsongas and Friday in Boston. I will have more details in my email though."
                        Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                          Yeah - the 5pm Friday game is tough for a lot of us. I can't make it because my youngest is playing in a soccer tournament Friday night at 6pm. I will be hitting "refresh" a lot on my phone trying to follow the score.

Did they ever have the HE semis and finals on a Saturday/Sunday schedule? Is it believed that attendance would be better on Friday/Saturday instead of Saturday/Sunday?
                          NCAA Selection Show is usually Sundays at noon-ish so conference tournaments need to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            NCAA Selection Show is usually Sundays at noon-ish so conference tournaments need to be done.
                            Yeah, the scramble is annoying enough as it is
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Kapla on the all rookie team
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                The NCAA Selection show is Sunday at Noon and will be broadcasted on ESPNU. Fans are invited to join the team at the Sage Bank Pavilion at the Tsongas starting at 11:30 am. The event is free and open to the public.

Comment

Working...
                                X