Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    While a #1 seed would be great, the fact that Minnesota, BC, and Union are already locked as #1 seeds (and the Top 3) in means that the final #1 seed will be sent to Cincinnati. Personally, I'd rather see them in Bridgeport or Worcester as a #2 seed.
    No question, I definitely agree. Was just throwing that out there.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Hockey East Writers and Broadcasters Association announced our season ending awards today. Check them out, includes my ballot as well.
      Justin Soderberg
      President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
      Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
      Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Doubt it happens this way, but if every top seed wins their games this weekend, Lowell would finish just outside the #1 seed.

Fun to play, if nothing else.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Hey guys, any update on Chapie? I am nervous enough with the game against ND, however losing talent like Chapie makes me even more nervous
          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Doubt it happens this way, but if every top seed wins their games this weekend, Lowell would finish just outside the #1 seed.

Fun to play, if nothing else.
            If every lower seed wins this weekend, Lowell would be a 6, and ND would be the final #1. All of the possibilities

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              While a #1 seed would be great, the fact that Minnesota, BC, and Union are already locked as #1 seeds (and the Top 3) in means that the final #1 seed will be sent to Cincinnati. Personally, I'd rather see them in Bridgeport or Worcester as a #2 seed.
              If Lowell ends up #5 in PWR, they'll most likely be going to Cincy as well. Union and BC are already locked into Worcester and Bridgeport.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                Hey guys, any update on Chapie? I am nervous enough with the game against ND, however losing talent like Chapie makes me even more nervous
                It was a precautionary move apparently so I don't see a reason why he'd be out for Friday.
                I was pretty worried as well. He really plays a huge part for our offense.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
                  I seriously doubt we'll find out anything before the line chart comes out Friday afternoon. It's the playoffs and Norm Belichick is the coach. (Credit to Justin for that)
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

The consensus on twitter appears to be that Folin will be signed as soon as Lowell's season is done.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      The consensus on twitter appears to be that Folin will be signed as soon as Lowell's season is done.
                      I saw that too Monty.

@chrismpeters @TSNBobMcKenzie Talked to a Kings scout that was looking at him at BC about a month ago. Said every team is looking at him.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        I saw that too Monty.
                        I can't look it up right now as I have to head to a meeting, but I believe it was Mike McMahon that said it's almost a 100% guarantee according to one scout.
                        Monty

Comment

Here's another one ....
                          Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonCHN 2h
                          Text from an NHL exec on Lowell D Christian Folin: "He'll have 15 NHL offers on the table as soon as his NCAA season ends. We'll be 1."
                          Monty

Comment

On all this Folin buzz, does "signed' mean drafted and continues to play college or does signed mean gone? Obviously I'm just a dumb fan but Folin doesn't seem to me to be ready for NHL or AHL hockey. I don't think he's anywhere near as good now as Chad Ruhwedel was for UML last year and Chad has spent most of the year in Rochester.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                              On all this Folin buzz, does "signed' mean drafted and continues to play college or does signed mean gone? Obviously I'm just a dumb fan but Folin doesn't seem to me to be ready for NHL or AHL hockey. I don't think he's anywhere near as good now as Chad Ruhwedel was for UML last year and Chad has spent most of the year in Rochester.
                              Once he's signed a contract (getting money), he's gone.

If you're drafted (like Hellbuyck), you can play college as you're not signed to a contract, the team just owns your rights.
                              Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Ya know, this doesn't bother me. Yeah it sucks for next season but we are due for a come down. I'm more worried about picking up quality players. If 2016 is a good year I'm not going to cry about it.

Further, I'll take 2 solid years from a player. If he had a good time here then his experience will be an asset on down the road.

In a sense, he's graduating, just not academically.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X