Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Very odd to hear the coach of the team that was just shut out in their own barn 4-0 call it a "game of inches" and proclaim his team was "the better team for large stretches".

I guess if you consider putting pucks on net that the goalie could see coming from the parking lot being "better", so be it. Lord knows what Lowell would have done to Merrimack had they had their top D pair and two of their top six F.
    Those are the words of a coach with a losing team who knows its a losing team. See Blaise MacDonald.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Very odd to hear the coach of the team that was just shut out in their own barn 4-0 call it a "game of inches" and proclaim his team was "the better team for large stretches".
      I thought the same thing. Merrimack did have more jump than Friday night, but other than a couple of big saves, glove save in the first and the save on Christie in the 3rd, I thought it was a pretty routine night for Conner.

I guess the Eagle Tribune reporter didn't buy Dennehy's comments either.
      And honestly .... this game wasn’t nearly as close as the postgame quotes suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        I guess the Eagle Tribune reporter didn't buy Dennehy's comments either.
        I thought the ET reporter pretty much nailed it. Harsh comments basically criticizing Dennehy, but ... hard to argue with the reporter.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Lowell moves up one spot in both polls, now up to #7. The Hawks also moved up to #7 in the Pairwise.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Lowell moves up one spot in both polls, now up to #7. The Hawks also moved up to #7 in the Pairwise.
            9th in PWR after the NU win over Harvard.

Random question, is there anywhere online I could find highlights of the Wisco and UNH games from the Northeast Regional last year?
            Lowell Forever
            Forever Lowell

Comment

Random question, is there anywhere online I could find highlights of the Wisco and UNH games from the Northeast Regional last year?
              Here are a couple hosted by the NCAA. Unfortunately they are only about a minute long each. I recall looking for highlights last spring and these were all I could find.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...well-wisconsin
              http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...ll-frozen-four

Edit: This may be way more than you need, but I also found the entire broadcast of both games on ESPN.com

UML vs. Wisconsin:
              http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=833425
              UML vs. UNH:
              http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=833484
              Last edited by Middle Street; 02-04-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                Here are a couple hosted by the NCAA. Unfortunately they are only about a minute long each. I recall looking for highlights last spring and these were all I could find.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...well-wisconsin
                http://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey-...ll-frozen-four

Edit: This may be way more than you need, but I also found the entire broadcast of both games on ESPN.com

UML vs. Wisconsin:
                http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=833425
                UML vs. UNH:
                http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player?id=833484
                Thanks very much!
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Still 7th in the Pairwise - last night's games didn't change anything for Lowell.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwi...kings/d-i-men/
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Not according to CHN.com PWR.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Good luck by Mike McMahon at the remaining SOS for HE teams.
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        Good luck by Mike McMahon at the remaining SOS for HE teams.
                        The great thing is, the more we win the less consternation will matter.
                        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                        Skating Friar Jersey
                        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I'll be interested to see how BU comes out on Friday. I thought they played a pretty good game against BC, and I'm wondering if it was a trying to salvage the season type of thing.
                          Monty

Comment

Has anyone heard if the team is any closer to having any of the injured players come back? The next three games (@BU, @Amherst, Amherst) should be 6 points the 'Hawks can get with Wilson, McGrath, Kamrass and Suter still out, but we need them for BC and beyond.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Has anyone heard if the team is any closer to having any of the injured players come back? The next three games (@BU, @Amherst, Amherst) should be 6 points the 'Hawks can get with Wilson, McGrath, Kamrass and Suter still out, but we need them for BC and beyond.
                              I saw McGrath walking out of the Lawler Rink with his arm still in a sling. From what little I've heard, the d-men are closer to returning than the forwards.
                              Monty

Comment

For the simple reason that I find it fun to look at, as Lowell tries to make the NCAAs for the third straight time (which would be a first for the D1 program) ... this week's bracketology finally returns Lowell to the east.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X