Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Wish we had the Cincinnati prices in Worcester.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Comment

For those that are on twitter ... pretty cool look at the state-by-state MVPs. Couple of Lowell players included. https://twitter.com/collegehockey/st...494976/photo/1
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I don't know why I didn't see it.....It is UML version of a blackout except now we have great attendance it isn't necessary anymore. The closer you are the worse it gets.

Where in Salem were you? I was on 38 and couldn't get it except for it sounding like a shell being waved in front of a speaker. I got it for about 5 seconds coming out of the Zakin Bridge tunnel then couldn't get it until I was almost to Methuen. Hit Dracut and pooof! It was kind of a tease.
        I work up near the Rockingham Mall Plaza so it was in that general area. 28 or 38, i forget which one its on. It was a bit choppy until I was on 93, but still audible (while at max volume) once I got off the highway it dropped pretty quickly.
        I'd probably be a lot less stressed if I wasn't a hockey fan, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

Originally posted by viewfrom123.com View Post
          I know we have talked about this before, but I heard some scuttlebutt at the Sr. Night Banquet that Christian Folin may leave after this season. That can be scary. Not many D would be left for next season. I know it has been stated before that Folin wants to stay for all four years, but of course no one can keep him here...
          Comments about Christian Folin in the attached Hockey Buzz article.

I spoke recently with an NHL scout about the top undrafted collegiate players in NCAA hockey. He was of the opinion that the best unrestricted free agent rookie candidate this season is 23-year-old UMass-Lowell defenseman Christian Folin. A product of the famed Frölunda system in Sweden before coming to North America, the 6-foot-3 blueliner is a good collegiate two-way defenseman with both size (6-foot-3, 210 pounds) and puck-moving ability.
          http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-Hits/45/58227

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
            Wish we had the Cincinnati prices in Worcester.
            They wonder why there are attendance issues...

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              Just an FYI.
              Alex Faust ‏@alex_faust 5m
              NCAA Regional ticket prices (+ TM fees)…
              St Paul: $90 (+$12.40)
              Worcester: $83 (+$13.50)
              Bridgeport: $65 (+$15.40)
              Cincinnati: $40 (+$7.42)

****! I don't recall spending $380 for 4 tix last year in Manchester.

Comment

they must think people are made of money!!!!!

Comment

If we lose Folin that would suck, but I'd offer the alternative reality where we don't have his time at all. I've often said I'd gladly take world junior level players knowing full well that we'll lose them over the holiday stretch of games. Its a trade-off. Same thing with a player who goes pro after a season or two.

Now, what I wish the players would do is to stop making claims about wanting to be a 4 year college level player with the intent of graduation. Its disingenuous and I don't like that, personally. Obviously, there's nothing to stop a player/student from doing so but to me its more along the line of "don't take us for idiots". A player/student has every financial reason to claim they'll be in school through graduation. It means teams would have to throw around more money to get the player. I suppose I naively value honesty in a world that more and more shuns honesty as an act by fools.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                    If we lose Folin that would suck, but I'd offer the alternative reality where we don't have his time at all. I've often said I'd gladly take world junior level players knowing full well that we'll lose them over the holiday stretch of games. Its a trade-off. Same thing with a player who goes pro after a season or two.

Now, what I wish the players would do is to stop making claims about wanting to be a 4 year college level player with the intent of graduation. Its disingenuous and I don't like that, personally. Obviously, there's nothing to stop a player/student from doing so but to me its more along the line of "don't take us for idiots". A player/student has every financial reason to claim they'll be in school through graduation. It means teams would have to throw around more money to get the player. I suppose I naively value honesty in a world that more and more shuns honesty as an act by fools.
                    How many of those kids are coming out publicly to a legit source saying 4 yrs all the way and how many are from rumor? I always wonder that. We have seen in here people saying a player is saying 4 yrs and others who say the same player is not.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      How many of those kids are coming out publicly to a legit source saying 4 yrs all the way and how many are from rumor? I always wonder that. We have seen in here people saying a player is saying 4 yrs and others who say the same player is not.
                      So I am a secondary source on this, it comes from one of the Hawk Squawk guys, but Folin has repeatedly stated, since the offer made to him late last April, that he would be sticking around until he got a degree. At one point it was said his father would not let him leave until he gets a degree. Note, its a degree and not four years. I expect that if he sticks around next year he will be gone when Lowell's season ends.
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015
                      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post

I think as long as the player is being honest with the coaching staff, that's the biggest thing I'm concerned about. What I worry about is if Folin was telling Coach Bazin that he's sticking around and we're not looking to back-fill that spot for that reason.

I'm assuming Bazin's looking for defensemen anyway, since I think we're going to have like 2 next season.
                        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Few more quotes by players and Coach Bazin about the crowd on Saturday night.

And at the end, Scanlon even mentions our newest recruit. Kinda like seeing that.
                          Monty

Comment

Bobby Robins talks UML hockey.
                            Monty

Comment

Happy 42nd Birthday to former UMass Lowell River Hawks forward Jeff Daw!
                              Justin Soderberg
                              President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                              Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                              Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Ron Hainsey fights for the first time since 2012 and only his third time in five years.
                                Justin Soderberg
                                President and Editor-in-chief, Mill City Sports
                                Co-Host, MCS Live Online Radio Show
                                Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Email

Comment

Working...
                                X